Author Topic: Ben Lennon [merged]  (Read 227111 times)

Offline Heart of Darkness

• Premiership Captain
Re: Ben Lennon [merged]
« Reply #480 on: July 19, 2015, 09:45:55 PM »
Good signs from Ben tonight. Still a long way to go but there were certainly signs of class that made him such a promising talent.

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #481 on: July 20, 2015, 11:37:08 AM »
do you think players should have to earn their spot with sustained quality performances?
yes, but Miles was a super standout, blind freddy could see it, but it took Dimma, 3 extra weeks to see it, Miles had an immediate impact when promoted.
Lennon should replace Newman IMO, no question, it is as obvious as was Miles's callup.
As I understand we couldn't play Miles in the senior squad until we put j. King on the long term injury list as he was a Rookie listed player. But yes, I see lennon ahead of guys like Newman and Morris as it stands.

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #482 on: July 20, 2015, 11:49:44 AM »
do you think players should have to earn their spot with sustained quality performances?
yes, but Miles was a super standout, blind freddy could see it, but it took Dimma, 3 extra weeks to see it, Miles had an immediate impact when promoted.
Lennon should replace Newman IMO, no question, it is as obvious as was Miles's callup.
As I understand we couldn't play Miles in the senior squad until we put j. King on the long term injury list as he was a Rookie listed player. But yes, I see lennon ahead of guys like Newman and Morris as it stands.
Thanks for the info, I guess it must be difficult, do we delist Newman and promote someone else, there  are many issues with contractual obligations, is Newman more consistent at this stage?? etc etc.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #483 on: July 20, 2015, 04:13:10 PM »
newman is the most the consistent player onthe list - consistently crap that is.

And on miles, Hardwick said himself they didnt realise how good he would be ( or words to that effect)  ::)
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

tony_montana

« Reply #484 on: July 20, 2015, 04:31:27 PM »
we gotta keep this guy is a sml/med forward against freo next week.

Injured
Won't play next week

that would be a shame

whats wrong with him?

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #485 on: July 20, 2015, 04:33:37 PM »
newman is the most the consistent player onthe list - consistently crap that is.

And on miles, Hardwick said himself they didnt realise how good he would be ( or words to that effect)  ::)
Neither did GWS or the other 16 teams I suppose.

Offline peggles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #486 on: July 20, 2015, 05:16:01 PM »
we gotta keep this guy is a sml/med forward against freo next week.

Injured
Won't play next week

that would be a shame

whats wrong with him?

dimma said in the press conference post game just cramp
not listed on any injury report anywhere.
hopefully just that.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #487 on: July 20, 2015, 05:32:31 PM »

but only hardwick made that asessment while he was tearing it up in the VFL
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #488 on: July 20, 2015, 06:02:59 PM »
He's ready to have areal crack
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #489 on: July 20, 2015, 06:05:33 PM »
Dimma didn't rate miles

After going a month  of miles going 20 contested possession p game

bizarre
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shovelheads - Keeping hipsters off Harley's
« Reply #490 on: July 20, 2015, 06:15:58 PM »
Dimma didn't rate miles

After going a month  of miles going 20 contested possession p game

bizarre

Factually incorrect

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #491 on: July 20, 2015, 09:03:16 PM »

And again, Hardwick couldnt promote him earlier as he was Rookie listed. Those comments were made after he'd (Miles) been killing it at AFL for a month.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #492 on: July 20, 2015, 09:30:43 PM »

And again, Hardwick couldnt promote him earlier as he was Rookie listed. Those comments were made after he'd (Miles) been killing it at AFL for a month.

Many of us on here were screaming at the club to promote him prior to game 1 after his pre-season games and looking at logical list requirements, especially when they had an early season opportunity with Maric's injury.  The fact it took Hardwick and the rest of the dumb-arse coaching group until nearly mid-season was a sore point on here all year.  Our comments and observations were made well before he showed what we saw as the bleeding obvious - he was a class above most.

Offline yandb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #493 on: July 20, 2015, 10:09:04 PM »
I believe that you will find that it still took until the third week after he was promoted onto the main list for him to get a senior gig.

tony_montana

« Reply #494 on: July 20, 2015, 10:17:15 PM »

Many of us on here were screaming at the club to promote him prior to game 1 after his pre-season games and looking at logical list requirements, especially when they had an early season opportunity with Maric's injury.  The fact it took Hardwick and the rest of the dumb-arse coaching group until nearly mid-season was a sore point on here all year.  Our comments and observations were made well before he showed what we saw as the bleeding obvious - he was a class above most.

correct