Author Topic: Ben Lennon [merged]  (Read 227111 times)

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
Re: Ben Lennon [merged]
« Reply #1365 on: August 26, 2016, 08:12:47 PM »
To be fair he was shockingly bad

Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #1366 on: August 26, 2016, 08:17:08 PM »
Yes, let's trade the kid on the back of two or three poor games so we can keep Shaun "The Great White Pointer" Grigg, Sideways Ellis & Panic Stations Houli on the back of 150+ shytehouse performances between them. :gotigers
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #1367 on: August 26, 2016, 08:18:29 PM »
If he has cracked it like. Teenage girl what can be done ?

Looked 5 mins away from saying I feel depressed and walking away
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #1368 on: August 26, 2016, 08:25:35 PM »
after watching him in that javelin throwing contest, I can honestly say I would back a teenage girl to be able to throw it further.
http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2016-08-20/ritj-javelin
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1369 on: August 26, 2016, 08:28:59 PM »
If he has cracked it like. Teenage girl what can be done ?

Sacking his clueless coach would be a good start....but I suspect you already knew that Bents, me old China...

"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #1370 on: August 27, 2016, 10:15:58 AM »
Lol at the hypocrisy by some of the Lennon apologists.

He's gone.

In: Prestia, 3rd Rounder GC
Out: Lennon, Vickery Compo

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1371 on: August 27, 2016, 10:44:58 AM »
Lol at the hypocrisy by some of the Lennon apologists.

He's gone.

In: Prestia, 3rd Rounder GC
Out: Lennon, Vickery Compo
Insert B Ellis and I would be much happier.

Lennon has had glandular fever, concussion x 3, shoulder surgery and ankle ligament injury this year. Can hardly judge a youngster with that background to a year......
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #1372 on: August 27, 2016, 11:17:08 AM »
Another pathetic example of our development department.

Begs question to list Manager and football department of where we are at as a list?

Trading in Prestia for Lennon suggests we are topping up. Bringing in Cloke and moving on Vickery we are topping up. We are losing potential for games played.

Sure we are greater chance of playing finals next year. Yippie. Any danger of focusing on top 4 and premiership. Mediocre rubbish again.

Keeping Lennon and developing a 1st round pick half forward is exactly what we need to fill a massive hole on our list. Yet we gift games to Moore, Lambert, Townsend, Hunt etc. How on earth will that improve us by playing those crabs? We gift a game to Chol this week, which I'm all for but why not keep Lennon?
Go Tigers!

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1373 on: August 27, 2016, 11:39:01 AM »

Begs question to list Manager and football department of where we are at as a list?

Trading in Prestia for Lennon suggests we are topping up. Bringing in Cloke and moving on Vickery we are topping up. We are losing potential for games played.

Sure we are greater chance of playing finals next year. Yippie. Any danger of focusing on top 4 and premiership. Mediocre rubbish again.

Keeping Lennon and developing a 1st round pick half forward is exactly what we need to fill a massive hole on our list. Yet we gift games to Moore, Lambert, Townsend, Hunt etc. How on earth will that improve us by playing those crabs? We gift a game to Chol this week, which I'm all for but why not keep Lennon?

Lennon is Deledio's natural successor.....only thing Deledio has over him is pace but other than that he has all the same attributes...marking, kicking, courage, smarts......people also forget Deledio has often been -rightly IMO- criticised throughout his career for going missing in games or for large parts of games and not just when he was a kid....yet he's lauded -again rightly so- as a club legend ....meanwhile halfwits want 21 year-old Lennon out the door for a couple of shockers after missing half the year with injury and a pre-season with illness....

- Thomas Sowell

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1374 on: August 27, 2016, 11:40:43 AM »
I'd keep Lennon for the above reasons. However I get the feeling he wants out as opposed to is wanting him out.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #1375 on: August 27, 2016, 11:44:00 AM »
Well, as everyone has conveniently ignored and was pointed out, he has had a horror run with significant injuries...limp javelin throwing aside
Lots of people name their swords......

Jackstar 1960

« Reply #1376 on: August 28, 2016, 08:14:35 AM »
Pathetic footballer full of excuses
Watching him yesterday at Punt Rd
Takes easiest option
Doesn't work hard enough
End of Story

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1377 on: August 28, 2016, 08:33:13 AM »
Takes easiest option
Doesn't work hard enough
End of Story

This was evident in his draft year.   

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1378 on: August 28, 2016, 08:55:08 AM »
Takes easiest option
Doesn't work hard enough
End of Story
You seem like a good passionate Tiger Jack but HTF can you stick up for players like Hunt, Grigg, Houli and Hampson but want to rag on kids like Lennon? Who has had some injury problems. I'm not always that compassionate about players always injuried (Griff and Astbury) because I think they are weak and don't have AFL standard bodies (and minds) but sometimes kids in their first few years need the benefit of the doubt.

Anyway I'd be happy to see him traded if it meant we don't lose pick 6 but not because I don't think Lennon can still make it as an decent AFL player. Sometimes to get something decent you have to give something decent.
But what I know needs to happen is CHANGE!
I'd start delisting today. Even paying players out if I had too.

We need at least 4 or 5 picks inside the first 30 IMO and to do that we need to FO some of the guys who continue to let this once great club down.

Offline potsclub

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1379 on: August 28, 2016, 09:10:19 AM »

Lennon is Deledio's natural successor.....only thing Deledio has over him is pace but other than that he has all the same attributes...marking, kicking, courage, smarts......people also forget Deledio has often been -rightly IMO- criticised throughout his career for going missing in games or for large parts of games and not just when he was a kid....yet he's lauded -again rightly so- as a club legend ....meanwhile halfwits want 21 year-old Lennon out the door for a couple of shockers after missing half the year with injury and a pre-season with illness....
Look the players that everyone is talking about are very very good players, and we don't have many of them. So they'll be staying.
Quote Hardwick!
In other words the youngsters who haven't been developed because the coaching and developed can't do their job, they aren't good players. We keep our oldies, and move our young's on.
I love what north have done, needless to say like it or not, they have showed they aren't a charity and are a football club.
I'm not saying get rid of lids, but handing out 2 years extensions for some is a joke!