Author Topic: Ben Lennon [merged]  (Read 227121 times)

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Ben Lennon [merged]
« Reply #1470 on: August 31, 2016, 06:27:39 PM »
Seriously Fringe player who can't play
Who cares

This....sell up now before others find out :snidegrin

Even the Headlines on Supercoach on Twitter say " fringe player " wants out
Some Tiger fans love me , reality is he is a spud
Trade deal will be for a dozen orange witches hats
So how did he get a Rising star nomination? Wayne Carey said he was a natural footballer. I rate those judges opinions infinitely more than yours and those idiots at the club that played Petterd, Gordon and Morris ahead of him whilst playing a natural forward off the half back flank in the twos.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1471 on: August 31, 2016, 06:43:14 PM »
Plenty of natural footballers don't make it because they simply don't work hard enough. Lennon could make it if his new team can get the best out of him but only if he wants it......so far he expects it rather than earning it. Good luck to the kid and look forward to what we get for him.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #1472 on: August 31, 2016, 06:48:00 PM »
Seriously Fringe player who can't play
Who cares

This....sell up now before others find out :snidegrin

Even the Headlines on Supercoach on Twitter say " fringe player " wants out
Some Tiger fans love me , reality is he is a spud
Trade deal will be for a dozen orange witches hats
So how did he get a Rising star nomination? Wayne Carey said he was a natural footballer. I rate those judges opinions infinitely more than yours and those idiots at the club that played Petterd, Gordon and Morris ahead of him whilst playing a natural forward off the half back flank in the twos.

I rate my dog's opinions on football higher than Jack's......she usually growls at the tv whenever Hamspud, Grigg or Hunt are on screen...
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1473 on: August 31, 2016, 07:10:49 PM »
So we have 2 first round picks wanting out and a second rounder gone all within a couple of days.
So it's either a recruiting issue or it's a coaching/development issue.
Someone needs to be sacked.

Not to mention Conca and Cellis finishing off the year in the two's.

So 4 first rounders and a second rounder struggling to be of any value this year. And the there is Griff!

No wonder we are poo!

Offline Raoul Duke

• Premiership Captain
  • Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
« Reply #1474 on: August 31, 2016, 08:18:16 PM »
Probably taking the blues up on the offer from last year,interested to see what we get in return.
The possibility of physical and mental collapse is now very real. No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #1475 on: August 31, 2016, 08:56:26 PM »
Mind boggiling some supporters write off a 1st round draft pick after 3 years whilst we see Astbury and Grigg get contracts and whilst we draft in moneyball recycled fringe players like Moore, Townshend etc.

Madness.
Go Tigers!

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #1476 on: August 31, 2016, 09:04:21 PM »
No, he doesn't want to be there, don't twist it.  He wants out, he has shown sweet FA, smells like a lack of commitment to the cause to me, stuff him off, get someone in who wants to be there and get the best return we can.  I wish him well in his future endeavors except when they involve playing against us.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #1477 on: August 31, 2016, 09:10:12 PM »
No, he doesn't want to be there, don't twist it.  He wants out, he has shown sweet FA, smells like a lack of commitment to the cause to me, stuff him off, get someone in who wants to be there and get the best return we can.  I wish him well in his future endeavors except when they involve playing against us.

I'd consider someone like a Vickery showing sweet FA and wanting to stay at Richmond the cub where he can be unaccountable and collect a pay check. Lennon wants out, showing intent, is the opposite of showing sweet FA?
Go Tigers!

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1478 on: August 31, 2016, 09:10:44 PM »
Why doesn't he want to be there? Rated number 4 by our recruiters in his draft year. Hardly given a chance. Delisted hacks chosen to play ahead of him. Anyone of similar ilk would want out.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #1479 on: August 31, 2016, 10:04:27 PM »
what can I say.  Perhaps another club will give him his birthright and we will just have to miss out on his potential.  It is a shame but what does the club have to do? Beg?
Lots of people name their swords......

tony_montana

« Reply #1480 on: August 31, 2016, 10:12:09 PM »
Just move him on and see what we can get, a top 20 pick would be great but probably a 2nd rounder

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1481 on: August 31, 2016, 10:14:58 PM »
what can I say.  Perhaps another club will give him his birthright and we will just have to miss out on his potential.  It is a shame but what does the club have to do? Beg?
No, not at all. Just play him and develop him in the firsts. Look at Rioli. He wasn't even ready for senior football and played practically every game. He improved heaps because of that. Lennon was ignored by playing hacks that have now been delisted and then played in the twos in the f***ing backline. Ridiculous. Dropped at every opportunity when BEllis and co were given game after game. I just don't blame him for looking for better opportunities elsewhere. We just miss out on a potential jet.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1482 on: August 31, 2016, 10:17:43 PM »
All I said in my post was I thought the strategy was wrong. If you want mature agers that no one else is interested in, then rookie them, if they work out then upgrade them.
Then you don't need to waste a draft pick on them.
Instead, Richmond pick up Hampson at 25yo, who we could have got as a FA the year after, Gordon at 23yo and Lloyd 23yo.
no you said that pick 66 was wasted on Lloyd

clearly the comment was made without the knowledge that only one more pick was used to draft a player ( as opposed to rookie upgrades) , who has not even played a game.

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1483 on: August 31, 2016, 10:22:36 PM »
Plenty of natural footballers don't make it because they simply don't work hard enough. Lennon could make it if his new team can get the best out of him but only if he wants it......so far he expects it rather than earning it. Good luck to the kid and look forward to what we get for him.

good to see someone on here actually gets it

No, not at all. Just play him and develop him in the firsts. Look at Rioli. He wasn't even ready for senior football and played practically every game. He improved heaps because of that. Lennon was ignored by playing hacks that have now been delisted and then played in the twos in the f***ing backline. Ridiculous. Dropped at every opportunity when BEllis and co were given game after game. I just don't blame him for looking for better opportunities elsewhere. We just miss out on a potential jet.

you really want to compare Rioli's efforts to Lennons? Even when he looked out of his depth Rioli busted his gut. Can you say the same about Lennon?

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1484 on: August 31, 2016, 10:41:23 PM »

good to see someone on here actually gets it

you really want to compare Rioli's efforts to Lennons? Even when he looked out of his depth Rioli busted his gut. Can you say the same about Lennon?
In his first year Lennon was great. A beautiful mark and goal from his first kick and mark against the Demons. He's not the same sort of player as Rioli. He is a sublime talent, a magnificent kick. A great mark for his size. He offers very different skill sets to Rioli. Rioli was told that he was only getting a game because they needed someone to chase the defenders - Hardwick told this to us in June. So you would expect him to bust gut if that's all he was expected to do.