Author Topic: Ben Lennon [merged]  (Read 227114 times)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Ben Lennon [merged]
« Reply #1530 on: September 01, 2016, 02:22:18 PM »
agree, all those who have said that he has shown nothing should hang your head in shame.

You know who are, even if i dont..........
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1531 on: September 01, 2016, 03:36:14 PM »
I think most of you have misconstrued what some of us are saying.
I'm not saying we should beg him to stay. That ship has sailed.
I'm saying he is leaving because of our poor development program. A guy with so much talent should be given every opportunity to play seniors. Sure, he may not run madly for tackles, but to play absolute duds like Petterd, Gordon and Morris forward instead of him was such a big mistake that there's no excuse for it. Those guys gave us so little up forward it's not funny. At least Lennon would know we're to position himself and was strong overhead. Kicking was his strength. Those other three are terrible kicks. He should have played instead of those guys and also not been sub for like 8 games. That's why I'm upset. Losing talent that is in such short supply at our club is diabolical.
Now we need to get the best deal for him. We have the upper hand as he is contracted.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1532 on: September 01, 2016, 03:48:55 PM »
ahh, if only that it was singularily that he doesnt run manically to tackle......

what is truly amusing is that Vickery cops heaps of vitriol for lack of effort, yet people accept it from Lennon and think he should be given games as if if the problem will magically disappear rather than create another similar beast

If you do research into any sucessfull coach in world sport the one thing that is common is the refusal to accept lack of effort, those who do not give everything in an effort to be their very best.

I have heard/read of many successful coaches saying that effort can make up for lack of ability ( to a point), but never that ability can make up for lack of effort.

It seems that some on think otherwise, but Ill take heed of those that have done, not those that havnt

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1533 on: September 01, 2016, 04:56:05 PM »
ahh, if only that it was singularily that he doesnt run manically to tackle......

what is truly amusing is that Vickery cops heaps of vitriol for lack of effort, yet people accept it from Lennon and think he should be given games as if if the problem will magically disappear rather than create another similar beast

If you do research into any sucessfull coach in world sport the one thing that is common is the refusal to accept lack of effort, those who do not give everything in an effort to be their very best.

I have heard/read of many successful coaches saying that effort can make up for lack of ability ( to a point), but never that ability can make up for lack of effort.

It seems that some on think otherwise, but Ill take heed of those that have done, not those that havnt
You can't compare Vickery with Lennon. One has been in the system for 8 years and gifted games and the other has had 3 years of very few in which many were as sub.
I was happy to give games initially to Ty to fast track him but Ben never got anywhere near the same ride.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #1534 on: September 01, 2016, 04:59:34 PM »
I wish any player that is able to get out of punt road the best in their respective careers.

They're already showing more than the rest of the joint.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1535 on: September 01, 2016, 05:03:44 PM »
the point is look where that ride took vickery.

yet you want to replicate that with Lennon and expect a different result?

Vickery is the epitome of rewarding half arsed efforts and relying soley on natural talent. He is the poster boy for failed talent due to poor work ethic.

It is clear that you think that natural talent will over ride lack of effort, despite the evidence right there in front of you to the contrary.

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1536 on: September 01, 2016, 05:26:51 PM »
the point is look where that ride took vickery.

yet you want to replicate that with Lennon and expect a different result?

Vickery is the epitome of rewarding half arsed efforts and relying soley on natural talent. He is the poster boy for failed talent due to poor work ethic.

It is clear that you think that natural talent will over ride lack of effort, despite the evidence right there in front of you to the contrary.
I'm not saying that at all. Lennon was given precious few full games to develop good defensive skills in the forward half. In that, he was developed poorly.
Players like Ablett senior and many other great forwards hardly laid a tackle in their careers too. So according to your philosophy they would never have got a game. They lived off natural talent. In Ty's case, he never had the same natural talent as Lennon.

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1537 on: September 01, 2016, 05:29:52 PM »
you are the one that keeps rattling on about tackles, not me

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1538 on: September 01, 2016, 05:43:49 PM »
you are the one that keeps rattling on about tackles, not me
Forget it. Agree to disagree. Time to cash in on him!

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #1539 on: September 01, 2016, 05:56:45 PM »
Pene - Effort or at least defensive efforts can be graded by tackles, especially as forward defensive pressure.

Lennon's averaged just under 3 tackles a game this year exactly the same as Lloyd. More than Vlastuin. More than Short. More than Vickery. You won't find many Richmond non-midfielder that averages more than 3 tackles a game this year.

Any decent club doesn't delist or be forced to trade a 3rd year first rounder. Basketcase development and player management. Even if he is a big head, decent culture curbs that around positively. Not all successful players are humble brown noses.

Go Tigers!

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1540 on: September 01, 2016, 06:46:50 PM »
Halfwit has his favourites as we all know and he also has players he just doesn't rate either as footballers or people.
Lennon is one of those as I've heard this from someone inside the club within the last month.
I also heard his lack of commitment is pretty much a beat up too, to make it a little easier not to play the kid.
I'm glad he has given us the finger and moving on, I hope he becomes a star and makes this club look stupid as they have put way to much faith in people that continually stuff up.

But let's keep players like Grigg, Houli, Hunt and Hampson because they work their arses off.  :sleep
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 10:35:58 PM by one-eyed »

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1541 on: September 01, 2016, 07:04:55 PM »
Halfwit has his favourites as we all know and he also has players he just doesn't rate either as footballers or people.
Lennon is one of those as I've heard this from someone inside the club within the last month.
I also heard his lack of commitment is pretty much a beat up too, to make it a little easier not to play the kid.
I'm glad he has given us the finger and moving on, I hope he becomes a star and makes this club look stupid as they have put way to much faith in people that continually stuff up.

But let's keep players like Grigg, Houli, Hunt and Hampson because they work their arses off.  :sleep
Love your work big tone! :clapping
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 10:36:09 PM by one-eyed »

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #1542 on: September 01, 2016, 07:37:14 PM »
Here here bigtone.
Go Tigers!

Offline Raoul Duke

• Premiership Captain
  • Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
« Reply #1543 on: September 01, 2016, 07:39:53 PM »

The possibility of physical and mental collapse is now very real. No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1544 on: September 01, 2016, 08:36:20 PM »
Looks stoked in that pic