Author Topic: Ben Lennon [merged]  (Read 227111 times)

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Ben Lennon [merged]
« Reply #1545 on: September 01, 2016, 10:33:25 PM »
Lets face it he has never ever really wanted to be with us.
hAPPY TO SEE THE BACK OF HIM

I will cut him some slack especially this yr when it comes to a lack of run and work rate i think he did well to play at all having a bout of Glandular fever.
Can also understand why he did not get many games this yr with his illness and lack of subsequent effort.

Lot of angst over a bloke who does not want to be there and who is yet to produce a thing at the level.
Sometimes it is not all the clubs fault  and why there is SOME blame to lay at their feet their is probably more to lay at Lennons.
Lets just let him go and get what we can for him he will never reach what potential he has with us if he does not want to be there.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1546 on: September 02, 2016, 06:24:34 AM »
Lets face it he has never ever really wanted to be with us.
...Lot of angst over a bloke who does not want to be there and who is yet to produce a thing at the level.
Sometimes it is not all the clubs fault  and why there is SOME blame to lay at their feet their is probably more to lay at Lennons.
Lets just let him go and get what we can for him he will never reach what potential he has with us if he does not want to be there.

Really, never?

And you know this how?

If he now (and seriously who can blame him) then he goes but to say he NEVER wanted to be at the club is not true  >:(
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Jackstar 1960

« Reply #1547 on: September 02, 2016, 06:33:44 AM »
104 pages for a fringe player
Interesting to say the least

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1548 on: September 02, 2016, 09:17:50 AM »
104 pages for a fringe player
Interesting to say the least
It's because he is one of only a precious few players we have that has real football ability.

A lot more than your favourites in Houli, Hunt and Grigg. Even if those guys try their hearts out they cannot elevate us beyond a middling side. Players like Lennon could catapult us up higher but alas he has been destroyed by Hardwick and his heart hasn't been in it since.
Best we trade and get something for him now.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #1549 on: September 02, 2016, 10:24:00 AM »
Penny - I applied the quote of simone cause that's the first thing tha came to my mind half way thur the 3rd quarter of the hardwick Richmond effort last week as they were resembling cheap witcheshats down by 120 odds points having kicked one or two goals

A game which Lennon was not playing as far as I know

For mine he is not soft or weak as you say. Yes he's been woeful the last couple of games. I don't think that's a fair summary of his carrer or future for a number of reasons that have been said. Personally I saw plenty of endeavour and work rate last year in both leagues from Lennon. Especially in the ones when he'd go back with the flight, out his head over it and look near our best player for a short period.

Before being dropped by Dimmas hack mates

Hooter - I know You don't want to think bout it but to me why he wants to do is a daily important question in the grand scene of the Richmond related universe.

I really think you have no idea how stupid I think this club is   

Again for both of u, all the effort in the world is well and good but if u suck (Morris, hunt types) you are starting a long way behind the eight ball
« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 10:41:31 AM by Stalin »
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1550 on: September 02, 2016, 10:31:10 AM »
Say what you like about Lennons apparent attitude problem but the reality is we lost this kid when half step chose a half done Conca over Lennon in last year's elimination final.

Then wanted a trade

Then promised a fair run at it

The shafted by Dimma and his orgy possie '16

People are shocked his disillusioned

Don't let the truth get in the way of a good story - just soft and crap hey good riddance . 
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #1551 on: September 02, 2016, 10:40:49 AM »
Say what you like about Lennons apparent attitude problem but the reality is we lost this kid when half step chose a half done Conca over Lennon in last year's elimination final.

Then wanted a trade

Don't let the truth get in the way of a good story - just soft and crap hey good riddance .

Don't think he wanted a trade so much as Carlscum started getting in his ear

"walk to us for nothing Ben"

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1552 on: September 02, 2016, 10:42:21 AM »
"We don't drop you for Newman grigg and conca when you are in good nick ben"

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1553 on: September 02, 2016, 10:44:09 AM »

Then wanted a trade

Don't think he wanted a trade so much as Carlscum started getting in his ear

"walk to us for nothing Ben"
Not true. Never considered going to Carlton last year.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1554 on: September 02, 2016, 10:46:10 AM »
Heinz ?

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1555 on: September 02, 2016, 11:04:18 AM »
I think most of you have misconstrued what some of us are saying.
I'm not saying we should beg him to stay. That ship has sailed.
I'm saying he is leaving because of our poor development program. A guy with so much talent should be given every opportunity to play seniors. Sure, he may not run madly for tackles, but to play absolute duds like Petterd, Gordon and Morris forward instead of him was such a big mistake that there's no excuse for it. Those guys gave us so little up forward it's not funny. At least Lennon would know we're to position himself and was strong overhead. Kicking was his strength. Those other three are terrible kicks. He should have played instead of those guys and also not been sub for like 8 games. That's why I'm upset. Losing talent that is in such short supply at our club is diabolical.
Now we need to get the best deal for him. We have the upper hand as he is contracted.

Ah yes the outrageous concept I backing a kid that's a high draft kik with talent. By investing time and games into him do the long term betterment of the club. In a comp with drafts and caps..

ahh, if only that it was singularily that he doesnt run manically to tackle......

what is truly amusing is that Vickery cops heaps of vitriol for lack of effort, yet people accept it from Lennon and think he should be given games as if if the problem will magically disappear rather than create another similar beast

If you do research into any sucessfull coach in world sport the one thing that is common is the refusal to accept lack of effort, those who do not give everything in an effort to be their very best.

I have heard/read of many successful coaches saying that effort can make up for lack of ability ( to a point), but never that ability can make up for lack of effort.

It seems that some on think otherwise, but Ill take heed of those that have done, not those that havnt

90% of the senior side showed nothing lady week and got historically pantz. Yet you are almost only  on lennons t@s.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1556 on: September 02, 2016, 02:41:53 PM »
Pene - Effort or at least defensive efforts can be graded by tackles, especially as forward defensive pressure.

Lennon's averaged just under 3 tackles a game this year exactly the same as Lloyd. More than Vlastuin. More than Short. More than Vickery. You won't find many Richmond non-midfielder that averages more than 3 tackles a game this year.

Any decent club doesn't delist or be forced to trade a 3rd year first rounder. Basketcase development and player management. Even if he is a big head, decent culture curbs that around positively. Not all successful players are humble brown noses.

That would be, close, perhaps, to being valid if I was only talking about defensive effort, rather than effort in total.

But it seems the concept is beyond some of us and no matter what is said they will not hold those perceived to have lots of talent accountable to their own actions, or more appropriately, their own inactions
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1557 on: September 02, 2016, 02:54:29 PM »

90% of the senior side showed nothing lady week and got historically pantz. Yet you are almost only  on lennons t@s.

:lol
perhaps you should read the thread title and maybe it may make more sense to you.

but then again, you seem to think "grigg chaplin houli" is absolution for those you think are beyond criticism and extenuates the evilness of those you want dead, so maybe there is no way you would ever understand the concept of discussing the topic at hand.

I do though, like the defence of what others do to justify your own shortcomings

Father Buttstuffer, why did you rape that child?

The other priests do it.

OK then, that makes it alright. Case dismissed

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1558 on: September 02, 2016, 06:07:41 PM »
Not true. Never considered going to Carlton last year.

That is actually 100% incorrect. Was also promised a minimum amount of games this year (in a row) and this was not followed through with

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #1559 on: September 02, 2016, 07:43:08 PM »
Contracted so can still deny his request and see how he goes next year...if he's still unhappy we can still trade him unless he wants to walk into the PSD and risk ending up at -most likely- Brisbane...
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.