Author Topic: Ben Lennon [merged]  (Read 227114 times)

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Ben Lennon [merged]
« Reply #1560 on: September 02, 2016, 09:11:27 PM »
Not true. Never considered going to Carlton last year.

That is actually 100% incorrect. Was also promised a minimum amount of games this year (in a row) and this was not followed through with
That's not what he told me!
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #1561 on: September 02, 2016, 09:38:07 PM »
Say what you like about Lennons apparent attitude problem but the reality is we lost this kid when half step chose a half done Conca over Lennon in last year's elimination final.

Then wanted a trade

Then promised a fair run at it

The shafted by Dimma and his orgy possie '16

People are shocked his disillusioned

Don't let the truth get in the way of a good story - just soft and crap hey good riddance .

Don't think he wanted a trade so much as Carlscum started getting in his ear

"walk to us for nothing Ben"

Um, Carlton were certainly in contact with his management during last seasons trade period from various people/sources.

Whether he actually entertained the idea is a different story. As I said, I believe Carlscum were saying he could get to them via the PSD.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1562 on: September 03, 2016, 11:15:16 AM »
Lets face it he has never ever really wanted to be with us.
...Lot of angst over a bloke who does not want to be there and who is yet to produce a thing at the level.
Sometimes it is not all the clubs fault  and why there is SOME blame to lay at their feet their is probably more to lay at Lennons.
Lets just let him go and get what we can for him he will never reach what potential he has with us if he does not want to be there.

Really, never?

And you know this how?

If he now (and seriously who can blame him) then he goes but to say he NEVER wanted to be at the club is not true  >:(
Call it perception call it what you like. im just simply going  going by what has transpired in recent years. With out actually speaking to him about it, it  is about all any of us can go by.Yep i get the distinct feeling  his heart has never been in being at rfc and most certainly not the last few years.ANd your right who can blame him i am surprised more are not leaving in droves.
Hmm opinion not allowed around here nowdays.

tony_montana

« Reply #1563 on: September 03, 2016, 11:47:01 AM »

That is actually 100% incorrect. Was also promised a minimum amount of games this year (in a row) and this was not followed through with

A good mate of mine works with his dad at telstra, mad bluebagger - was a very real possibility

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #1564 on: September 03, 2016, 11:54:54 AM »
 :snidegrin
Lots of people name their swords......

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1565 on: September 03, 2016, 12:31:13 PM »

A good mate of mine works with his dad at telstra, mad bluebagger - was a very real possibility
Do you believe a mate who translates a vibe from his dad about his son or do you believe the bloke himself?

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #1566 on: September 03, 2016, 12:35:14 PM »
I reckon he concocted a cunning plan to get to Carltank and cracked it when he didn't get his way.  See Cam McCarthy wanting to go to Freo heave ho.  It happens.  Disclaimer:  Anything I propose here is purely my own speculation despite being probably right on the money due to my uncanny wisdom and intelligence and general awesomeness.

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1567 on: September 03, 2016, 12:36:32 PM »
I reckon he concocted a cunning plan to get to Carltank and cracked it when he didn't get his way.  See Cam McCarthy wanting to go to Freo heave ho.  It happens.  Disclaimer:  Anything I propose here is purely my own speculation despite being probably right on the money due to my uncanny wisdom and intelligence and general awesomeness.
:lol

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1568 on: September 03, 2016, 12:59:29 PM »

Not sure about your wisdom or intelligence but you sure are awesome Owl  :thumbsup
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #1569 on: September 03, 2016, 01:34:10 PM »
Thanks man
wait til you see my business card  :cheers

tony_montana

« Reply #1570 on: September 03, 2016, 03:26:05 PM »

Do you believe a mate who translates a vibe from his dad about his son or do you believe the bloke himself?

I definitely believe my mate, he doesnt talk poo.
No offence but why would he tell you the truth? as if a player would tell a coterie member yeah i wanted out and almost went

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1571 on: September 03, 2016, 03:37:28 PM »

I definitely believe my mate, he doesnt talk poo.
No offence but why would he tell you the truth? as if a player would tell a coterie member yeah i wanted out and almost went
I know his uncle too. I'll ask him next time see him....

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1572 on: September 04, 2016, 10:24:44 PM »

Let me guess, it was at a Richmond function? They are all so truthful at those things

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1573 on: September 04, 2016, 10:29:47 PM »

Let me guess, it was at a Richmond function? They are all so truthful at those things

Saw Jackstar in the car park too... :shh

Offline unplugged

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1574 on: September 12, 2016, 03:08:39 PM »
Lennon doesn't fit the Halfwit model.

Skillful.
Reads the ball well.
Strong Mark.
Highly skilled by foot.
Goal kicker.
Quick over the ground.
Smart.  Quick thinker.

The club needs more Moore, Townsend, Hunt types.

Had a crippling year with injuries after being stuffed around.  Could be one of our best players.

If he realizes his potential at Carlton, the tears from tiger fans will be flowing for the next ten years.

Would not trade.