Author Topic: Tom Lynch [merged]  (Read 415048 times)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
or he doesnt choose us and we win 3 in a row and he is left licking tre-whore testis after the GF :shh

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
Lmfao at all this
100k Lynch and a flogging of the skunks would be mighty pi55 funny next week

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Manager adamant Gold Coast co-captain Tom Lynch is still undecided (Fox)
« Reply #467 on: July 21, 2018, 11:14:03 PM »
‘It’s not that simple’: Manager adamant Gold Coast co-captain Tom Lynch is still undecided

July 21, 2018
Josh Gabelich
FOX SPORTS

EVERYONE might think Tom Lynch has already made his mind up, but his manager believes the Gold Coast co-captain is still agonising over the decision.

After eight years at Metricon Stadium, the out of contract star is being courted by a handful of Victorian powerhouses who are trying to lure the All-Australian back to his home state.

While it appears a fair accompli that Lynch will play in Melbourne next year and beyond, his manager, Paul Connors, said his client is battling with the thought of walking out on a club that is on its knees.

“I remember him saying once that he would struggle to find himself playing in another jumper,” Connors told 3AW on Saturday afternoon.

“For everyone else, it seems a logical decision, but if you know Tom and his character, you’d understand that it’s not that simple.

“He is a great person, he is a leader of their club and he’s got a really difficult situation.

“He’s got to make a decision whether he comes home or whether he continues the journey with the Gold Coast Suns.”

After undergoing a reconstruction to repair his posterior cruciate ligament this week, Lynch has returned to his family home on the Mornington Peninsula to recover.

Connors said Lynch’s battle with his knee this season had made this process even more difficult, given it is the first year of a new era under Stuart Dew’s watch.

“I think he is a little bit disappointed that he is injured and he is not out there as captain in Stuart Dew’s first year,” he said.

“He’s got a wonderful relationship, even though it’s in its early stages, with Stuart Dew, and I think he feels sad that he hasn’t been able to put his best foot forward.

“So that’s caused him some distress.

“Now he’s had the operation he is recovering in Blairgowrie at his Mum and Dads house.”

The two-time best and fairest winner has played 131 games and kicked 254 goals for the Suns, since being drafted at Pick 10 in 2010.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/its-not-that-simple-manager-adamant-gold-coast-cocaptain-tom-lynch-is-still-undecided/news-story/fa9710a6c2e7b873d07704bd28d3eaad

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Free, but only to a good home

By Michael Gleeson
The Age
22 July 2018

The AFL’s disaster scenario is approaching: Richmond win back-to-back flags and sign Tom Lynch as a free agent.

OK, "disaster" might be stretching it, but it sounds better than the "prefer-this-didn’t-happen" scenario.

How can free agency be seen to be working in a system underpinned by a philosophy of equalisation when the best team in the country for two years can get the best available uncontracted player and pay him a seven-figure-a-year salary?

The short, and accurate, answer is that they do it by smart management.

When Sydney did something similar and secured Lance Franklin, who was not only the best uncontracted AFL player available but at the time the best AFL player just a year after winning the flag, the league reacted punitively to abolish assistance for the Swans through the cost-of-living allowance. Admittedly, it also had a bit to do with their pique that the Swans nicked "Buddy" from the Giants, where they wanted him to go.

The query now is whether – not to punish Richmond, mind, because this would not happen immediately – the time has come to consider tweaking free agency?

When was the last time the most sought-after free agent chose to go to a lowly club?  Not even a wooden spoon club but a mid-table one. Doesn't tend to happen.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/free-but-only-to-a-good-home-20180720-p4zsr8.html

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tom Browne elaborated more on the meeting post GeelvsMelb game.

According to his "best trade source", our leaders and officials have already met with Lynch over the past week.

In fairness to Lynch, those close to him are playing down the meeting.

According to Browne, in his view, more face-to-face meetings with Lynch to come for the clubs in the running (Richmond, Collingwood & Hawthorn).

".@TomBrowne7 reports Tom Lynch had dinner with Richmond officials and players during the week."

VIDEO: https://twitter.com/7AFL/status/1020652506811023362

dwaino

Sounds like Browne is digging through bins.

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
Tom Lynch
« Reply #471 on: July 22, 2018, 11:57:21 AM »
Tom Lynch ...

Are we going to get him?

dwaino

Re: Tom Lynch
« Reply #472 on: July 22, 2018, 12:05:16 PM »
Tom Lynch? First I've heard of anything.

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #473 on: July 22, 2018, 12:07:34 PM »
I’m glad someone has decided to bring up this topic.  :lol
The club that keeps giving.

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #474 on: July 22, 2018, 12:14:46 PM »
Is this like an unofficial, non-OER sanctioned Tom Lynch thread?

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #475 on: July 22, 2018, 12:29:45 PM »
I have heard we may get him but may not.

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #476 on: July 22, 2018, 12:33:10 PM »
I've merged the threads.

Tom Lynch ...

Are we going to get him?
This is the latest news on Lynch, torch:

Tom Browne elaborated more on the meeting post GeelvsMelb game.

According to his "best trade source", our leaders and officials have already met with Lynch over the past week.

In fairness to Lynch, those close to him are playing down the meeting.

According to Browne, in his view, more face-to-face meetings with Lynch to come for the clubs in the running (Richmond, Collingwood & Hawthorn).

".@TomBrowne7 reports Tom Lynch had dinner with Richmond officials and players during the week."

VIDEO: https://twitter.com/7AFL/status/1020652506811023362

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
The Hawks can take him to Dingley show him the tips.  :shh
The club that keeps giving.

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
From BF:
Quote from: Slippers
Got some inside word Lynch wants to come to Richmond and will accept around 900k. :thumbsu:

Certainly not its from a player... but thats all i can say

A Richmond player? Yeop

A richmond player that i know well..after what i got told Lynch is a lock to be at with us next year so just sit back and wait now...

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/tom-lynch-best-player-in-the-league-cotchin-says-we%E2%80%99d-be-mad-not-to-look-at-him.1186086/page-231#post-56886496

And from good ol' 'look at me' Ricky Nixon:

Getting 3 offers tabled this week & getting a feel for each club
Hawks will offer more coin
Richmond more immediate success
and Collingwood well they’ll offer Collingwood

[Lynch is being wined and dined by the Tigers] Coll & Hawks already done that.

My mail is a huge way bigger than the current 3 will come fwd this week.

[I've heard Hawks have put a massive offer on table. More money than Coll/.Rich. I don't think money will be ultimate factor in where he goes though.] Yep that’s was confirmed by me 10mins a go plus Jaeger O’Meara working hard on him.

[Is there a smoky] Yep a blue one. Would be a fair combo C Curnow & Lynch.

[Lynch is leaving a basket case. He isn't going to another.] No doubt that will play a big part.

https://twitter.com/rickynixontoot

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
And someone has been playing around with Lynch's wikipedia page  :laugh:.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Lynch_(Australian_footballer,_born_1992)