Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
F:  Samson Ryan        Sam Frangalas         Jacob Koschitzke

Sam Frangalas, son of Gary, called up to debut for Richmond's VFL team. He was with the Dandenong Stingrays from 2021-23 and is playing local football for Berwick.

https://x.com/PaulAmy375/status/1791304967523090526

Place your 3-2-1 votes here after tonight's game  :gotigers.
Richmond Rant / Re: 50th anniversary of the Windy Hill Brawl
« Last post by one-eyed on Today at 03:54:52 PM »
Correspondence following infamous Windy Hill Brawl unearthed

Never-before-published correspondence between the VFL, Graeme Richmond, and his solicitors regarding the Windy Hill Brawl have been donated to the club archives.

By Rhett Bartlett, Club Historian
richmondfc.com.au
18 May 2024

On exactly the 50th Anniversary of football’s most famous fight, never-before-published correspondence regarding the Windy Hill Brawl between the VFL, Graeme Richmond, and his solicitors have been donated to the club archives.

The documents were handed over by Jan Richmond, widow of Graeme, to the club historian, and offer a fascinating snapshot behind the scenes during a tumultuous few months.

As all footy fans would know, on May 18 1974, Election Day in Victoria, a brawl erupted between Richmond and Essendon players and officials just before half time, the likes of which rarely seen on a football field.

The result were suspensions for players and officials, as well as criminal charges against Graeme Richmond and Stephen Parsons.

The unearthed correspondence, now in the club archive, include:

The official letter from the League informing Graeme Richmond of his disqualification until the end of the year and subsequent $2000 fine (see extract below)

The two-page typed transcript of Tribunal Chairman John Winneke’s findings (extract below)

And a medical letter from Richmond club doctor Bill Granger explaining the injuries to GR (extract below)

In total all eight documents have been copied and scanned and will eventually be on display in the club’s memorabilia cabinets in the new Jack Dyer Stand.

As a side note, 13 years later, on the same date, at the same ground, with the same teams, and on election day no less! Richmond and Essendon brawled again in pretty much the exact same spot as the original.

As they say, déjà vu all over again.

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/1556220/correspondence-following-infamous-windy-hill-brawl-unearthed
Richmond Rant / Re: 2024 AFL draft
« Last post by Tiger Khosh on Today at 03:50:37 PM »
So what I want to know is who are the next generation superstars the Swans are hiding at there "academy"? 

Dunno but I'd be offering them 22, 40, 41, 47, 58, 66 and 68 for 18 + 19.

Go draft with 2, 18, 19, 29.

Perfect Andy!

I’d be targeting freo personally. Surely they’re in win now mode, they’ll be looking to move their first rounders surely.
Richmond Rant / 50th anniversary of the Windy Hill Brawl
« Last post by one-eyed on Today at 03:49:10 PM »
50 years ago today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaPzhDL5B9s

OER's RFC Memorable Moment #4: THE WINDY HILL BRAWL
https://oneeyed-richmond.com/forum/index.php?topic=2580.0
« Last post by Simonator on Today at 03:07:23 PM »
Brisbane and Gold Coast will also need picks. We could end up with 4-5 top 20 if baker leaves and potentially 2 top 10
« Last post by torch on Today at 02:39:28 PM »
So what I want to know is who are the next generation superstars the Swans are hiding at there "academy"? 

Perfect Andy!
« Last post by Andyy on Today at 02:12:25 PM »

Richmond Rant / Re: State of Umpiring [merged]
« Last post by Diocletian on Today at 01:54:10 PM »

If a player has time enough to take more than one step then they have time enough to get rid of it....same goes if they're spun more than 180 degrees in tackle with at least the non-ball carrying arm free... :shh

Would also increase the minimum distance for a kick to be marked from 15 to at least 20..... :shh

Get rid of all of Wimpleys "state of the game/stop Richmond" gay arse rules... :shh

Also end the ludicrous "nominated" ruck mularkey ...under 9's stuff .....just penalise third man up and if both sides do it  then play on..... :shh

Then after all that's done - a complete moratorium on any further rule changes.... :shh
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10