Author Topic: Rumour about Tuck and Krak  (Read 7314 times)

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
Re: Rumour about Tuck and Krak
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2006, 09:15:42 PM »
To many of our supporters are to passionate about the players. I lost all that stuff when I as a kid I saw Raines and Cloke and Wood walk out the door and stuff my footy club, all I believe in now is the club. The club is bigger than any player and what we need is to have a coach who pulls the trigger on blokes when its required, no matter how popular they are, no matter how fancy there nicname, or even if theyre good blokes. If you cant play you shouldnt be at Richmond and more importantly if your not gonna be in a group of 28-29 players vying for a spot in a premiership side  you shouldnt be there either.
with u 100%
thats the prob, too many tiger fans are plain stupid and think every player on our list is fantastic and untouchable, eg kellaway. ffs, our team really is crap, we need a lotta changes to be made to become elite again
thats why no one is untradeable, and untouchable. the club comes first and alsways should.
and when players get traded and delisted, stiff poo, no sentimental crap from me, its about time we had a coach who wasnt afraid to clean out all the poo from tigerland, not just the possum poo from 2 yrs ago!!!

I don't think anybody would be "stupid and think every player on our list is fantastic and untouchable". Just some of us don't think that you can cut 20 players in a year. I am sure a bunch of 1st, 2nd and 3rd year players getting smashed by 100 points teaches them heap and moves us closer to our goal of a premiership.   NOT!!!!

Change has to be gradual with the way the draft and trading is set up in the AFL. Are the Tigers going to win a flag next year? - No way. The year after that? Possible but not likely. 2009? Maybe.

I believe that some players have more to offer that just "run fast next year". There is a lot more to each team (just look at the top teams) than just fast guys and sometimes clubs need to keep guys on the list that are not going to be on our next premiership team. There are many reasons e.g. team balance, experience, club cuilture, traning of the young guys, etc etc. Some of these are reasons are very hard to see on the field in any particular game. That doesn't mean they are not important.

Let me see - a player that was still in our top 22 or a 6th round draft pick of  " PASS" ?      I know what I would do.

It very hard for those outside of the club (that’s me and most of you) to see what each player is worth in terms of balance, sprit, etc. We just have to trust the guys making the decisions know what they are doing. We can agree or disagree but in the end it means nothing and doesn’t make us "plain stupid". We all have to go with the Club, for better or worse (a bit like a marriage).

Anyway back on track for this thread.  Trade Krak to WCE ?  Sure, but I don't think there is anything we really want that they would be prepared to give up for him. Best hope for us would be draft picks. IMHO
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Ox

« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2006, 10:32:17 PM »
I heard a rumor the other day,about a coupla good,Aussie blokes named Krak and Tuck.

Still LMAOOOOOOO @ How much it sounds like they're a coupe of Geisha Boys.

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2006, 11:37:31 PM »
I dont think Ive ever said anywhere we should chuck out 20 blokes in 1 go. I  think we should chuck 7 or 8 out a year until there all out. I dont understand why some people persist in trying to misquote me or repeat statements ive never made. As for cheering players and supporting players well of course people cheer and shout and get emotional, but for me, I never let the sacking of any player get to me, the club is was and always will be bigger and more important than any player or their contribution.

letsgetiton!

« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2006, 07:25:01 AM »
there is no reason why the team cant trade or delist up to 13 players in 1 yr.  why do we persoist on resigning or keeping players who are just not up to it.
for example, hall and tiv are both up for a new contract, if we cant trade them why not just delist them and pick up 2 kids in their place.  hall and tiv for example will never offer us anything so why keep them

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2006, 12:49:38 PM »
I heard a rumor the other day,about a coupla good,Aussie blokes named Krak and Tuck.

Still LMAOOOOOOO @ How much it sounds like they're a coupe of Geisha Boys.
FLMFAFOOOOOOOOOOOOO@ your Avatar Ox.  :rollin All we need to do is put a tiger jumper on him and make him run the lines. People will think he is the new Bruce Doull.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2006, 04:36:08 PM »
there is no reason why the team cant trade or delist up to 13 players in 1 yr.  why do we persoist on resigning or keeping players who are just not up to it.

There is no reason (provided they are uncontracted) why you couldn't delist that many but you need to replace them all given that a full senior list of 38 is now compulsory. If we delist 13 say then we'd need 13 picks and most of those picks would be late in the draft (picks 70+) where you have a low probability of picking up someone decent. You might get lucky with one and score another Raines but most likely you'd be picking up kids or recycled duds who will never make it. No point delisting players for the sake if it. The system doesn't allow for the necessary changes to be made in a single year. You have to be proactive say during trade week but change is still a gradual process.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2006, 05:09:55 PM »
Seems the latest rumour is Tuck to North and no Ramps didn't spread this unless he's posing as a Roos supporter on BF lol.

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2006, 05:28:13 PM »
Seems the latest rumour is Tuck to North and no Ramps didn't spread this unless he's posing as a Roos supporter on BF lol.

I can be a shifty prick sometimes but I can confirm I am NOT posing as a Roos supporter on any forum including big footy.
I have concerns however that some of you on here feel I could be that shifty lol.
As billy joel once sang...I am an innocent man...

or maybe I am that shifty and Im peeing myself laughing with what Im reading on bigfooty as a result...
lets hope i wont be singing jail break anytime soon  ;D

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2006, 06:36:44 PM »
Will Laidley trade away pick 3 in probably the best draft of all time? You wouldn't back against it that's for sure on his past record.

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2006, 07:31:13 PM »
North supporters are now getting excited with the thought of nabbing Shane Tuck from us. Just reading big footy. Some of there supporters are now saying some of there number have an obsession in getting Tuck to Arden St lol.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2006, 09:44:06 PM »
North supporters are now getting excited with the thought of nabbing Shane Tuck from us. Just reading big footy. Some of there supporters are now saying some of there number have an obsession in getting Tuck to Arden St lol.

You are posing as a Roos supporter on BF  :lol

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2006, 11:16:14 PM »
Whoevers coordinating the internet campaign for Tuck to go to North should be working for Richmond. There could be a very devious mind at work- coz North people are now running the campaign. Good campaign and I admit I agree with it!

I reiterate, I am not posing as a North supporter on Big Footy, I have NEVER posed as a North supporter anywhere at anytime.

I have no further comment  ;D

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2006, 11:45:01 PM »
I reiterate, I am not posing as a North supporter on Big Footy, I have NEVER posed as a North supporter anywhere at anytime.

I have no further comment  ;D

We believe you Mr President  ;D

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2006, 11:07:33 AM »
How is it my fault that some of there supporters agree with the recruiting, how is it my fault if there supporters are ringing up there club urging the North leadership to get on and do the deal. Its not my fault. I go about my daily business and i come in here and have a laugh with you guys. Im Innocent I tell yas ;D :lol :cheers

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2006, 06:56:24 PM »
Tuck finishing 10th and Krak outside the top 10 in the B&F won't help their trade value though. Still the trade rumours persist  :whistle.