Author Topic: Does the Club saying "we have a surplus of inside midfielders" = Tuck gone?  (Read 3506 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
And football clubs are in the business of winning games. I respect a president who has an interest in list management.

exactly :thumbsup

And the players are one the assets of the business.

All Presidents take an interest in the list - it is proper business practice - you keep an eye on the company's assets ;)
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Mopsy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Once a Tiger always a Tiger
It's a principle of management

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Greg Denham isn't exactly super-reliable with info :nope

The WA footy site footygoss.com has the following spiel:

Richmond offer Tuck for Polak
Posted Oct 11, 2006 - 08:31 AM

Richmond has offered Shane Tuck as one player it is willing to trade to Fremantle in return for key position player Graham Polak.

The Tigers are one of several clubs interested in gaining Polak, who has made it clear to Fremantle he wants to be traded.

http://www.footygoss.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=30859&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Greg Denham isn't exactly super-reliable with info :nope

Yeah Greg Denham and some of his gems - Ottens to Sydney and Laidley to the Saints
 :wallywink :wallywink

If Tuck is up for trade - fair enough but gee I'd want a little bit more than a straight swap - Polak and their 3rd round pick would do it for me :yep
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Freo's 3rd rounder is 47 so IMHO we should be doing better than that. Tuck has played every game in the past 2 years (44) compared to Polak's 25 and only 11 this year and just one (R22) in Freo's long winning streak in the second half of the year and he didn't make any of their three finals sides. And that's forgetting off-field baggage. The Tuck's are physically reliable footballers. Get Polak cheap or at least something to make it worthwhile otherwise forget it IMO. Remember if Freo don't do a trade, Polak will walk to Carlton and Freo will get zilch.   

Offline LondonTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Get Polak cheap or at least something to make it worthwhile otherwise forget it IMO. Remember if Freo don't do a trade, Polak will walk to Carlton and Freo will get zilch.   

Exactly,  basic rule of negotiation, never accept the first offer, second offer or third offer.

Which club has more to lose in this deal? Freo of course.  Polak is leaving via trade or PSD.

By 1.30pm Friday, I think we might be able to get Polak in a straight swap for Humm. 

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
By 1.30pm Friday, I think we might be able to get Polak in a straight swap for Humm. 

LOL. We might not be that lucky  :lol but agree LT that's the time when we make our offer when Freo will be desperate. I'd be happy with Ramps suggestion. We get a 50/50 player like Polak in exchange for a reliable, play every game midfielder like Tuck and as insurance we gain 13 spots in the draft.

Jackstar

This all couldnt come at a worst time for Shane Tuck, he got marrried last weekend and is currently on his honeymoon.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
This all couldnt come at a worst time for Shane Tuck, he got marrried last weekend and is currently on his honeymoon.

He is aware of what's going on? We dont need a third PR stuff up in the space of 2 months :P.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tuck off the market (The Age)
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2006, 02:11:53 AM »
Shane Tuck, who had been linked to the Polak deal on Tuesday, was taken off the table yesterday.

http://www.realfooty.theage.com.au/realfooty/articles/2006/10/11/1160246197572.html

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
If Miller does that deal he is a fool.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Tuck off the market (The Age)
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2006, 02:59:44 AM »
Shane Tuck, who had been linked to the Polak deal on Tuesday, was taken off the table yesterday.

http://www.realfooty.theage.com.au/realfooty/articles/2006/10/11/1160246197572.html

The media are saying one thing while others  ;) are saying the opposite. Agree RR, we're dumb if that deal is true.

letsgetiton!

If what I read in the papers this morning is true then its a shameful performance from our footy department. If we lose 8 for Polak in any way shape or form it would be an outrage and a scandal and heads should roll. You dont give up 8 for Polak. If it wasnt so serious itd almost be funny.

if we gabe pick 8, and in return got pick 13 plus polak i would live with that. no prrof that the 8th pick would be better than the 13th pick. this is also meant to be a pretty even and super duper draft full of talent .
btw, pick 20 was polo iirc 2 yrs ago? who was pick 8? and who do u rate better ?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
From SEN:

Tuck's name is still being mentioned in dispatches but he has a back-ended contract (Schwarz guessing said around 250k) so that comes in consideration in any trade.

letsgetiton!

From SEN:

Tuck's name is still being mentioned in dispatches but he has a back-ended contract (Schwarz guessing said around 250k) so that comes in consideration in any trade.

why was tuck given a back ended contract  :banghead :banghead :banghead