Author Topic: 2014 Senate nutjobs  (Read 5482 times)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: 2014 Senate nutjobs
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2013, 11:20:25 AM »
you're on the right path with the necks tiga  :thumbsup

a box of chicken frames per week for about 18 bucks keeps a large and medium dog well fed and healthy.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2013, 11:23:24 AM »

a box of chicken frames per week for about 18 bucks keeps a large and medium dog well fed and healthy.

al what are Chicken frames? Carcasses? necks cost me 4 bucks a kilo and he gets half a kilo for brekkie. How many kilo's in a box of frames?

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2013, 12:06:13 PM »
y'all obviously buying the wrong food for your dogs

No

Super Coat dry food for Brekkie = low fat for Jonty & Flame and Puppy mix for Nisha  :thumbsup

Premium quality gourmet dog food for "din dins"

1kg bags of Beef mince with cooked Pasta, rice, vegetables, garlic and assortment of vitamins and minerals  :thumbsup

Cost us about $6.30 a bag. Every dog we've had has been on this food (the mince) and all lived long healthy lives  :thumbsup

We buy 21 bags a fortnight. 1.5kgs a night between the 3 of them. The 2 large dogs the Mal and Lab get the most and the Aussie Shepherd (medium size) get's a smaller serving

Chuck in plenty of exercise

Pigs ears are a weekly treat, marrow bones for their teeth once a month

And bingo

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2013, 12:21:59 PM »

al what are Chicken frames? Carcasses? necks cost me 4 bucks a kilo and he gets half a kilo for brekkie. How many kilo's in a box of frames?
yeah chicken carcasses. i get them from lennards. I think there may be 8kg to a box.

I was feeding a 20kg dog 2 and the large girl (35kg) 5 every two days, but the vet suggested i go to daily feeding for the old girl so now the little bloke gets 1 a day and she gets 2-3 each day. a box feeds them for just over a week.

A few years ago  we though the old girl was on her last legs. she had two strokes in about 6 months and then later just started losing weight. no matter how much i fed her she would not put it back on. changed to the carcasses and she hasnt looked back.

despite an unnatural diet of dried food and marrow bones ( which stuffed her teeth as well as suffering skin problems) when she was young she is now over 12, which is very old for a dog her size. had some probably cancerous lumps cut out the other day, but she still runs about like a fool when its tucker time.

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2013, 01:21:27 PM »
Thanks al,

I think this thread has been officially hijacked.  ;D But it has proven that we love our pets and we all try to do our best for them. Although WP when I read what you were feeding your four legged clan, I was about to ask for an invite to dinner.  ;D

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2013, 01:31:24 PM »
 :lol

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2013, 01:35:56 PM »
Thanks al,

I think this thread has been officially hijacked.  ;D But it has proven that we love our pets and we all try to do our best for them. Although WP when I read what you were feeding your four legged clan, I was about to ask for an invite to dinner.  ;D

:lol :lol

It's actually award winning dog food  ;D

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2013, 01:39:45 PM »
sorry to say this billy, but it is unadulterated crap. actually that's not true, it is adulterated crap.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2013, 01:48:09 PM »
sorry to say this billy, but it is unadulterated crap. actually that's not true, it is adulterated crap.

:lol :lol

Each to their own al.

It's good stuff, the dogs love it and more than happy to pay what it costs us.

The bloke who makes the food is a breeder of champion German Shepherds. He's a dog behavouralist, has set up one of the best "Pet Resorts" in Vicotria. We've done all our pupply kinder and dog training with all of our dogs with him. He's spent his entire life in the dog industry, he knows what he is doing and his reputation cannot be questioned.

As I said we are happy to pay what it costs and as long as the four legged kids are happy and healthy it's worth ever cent, Yep we spoil them and we wouldn't have it any other way   :thumbsup

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2013, 02:22:55 PM »
just a quick question billy, where in the dogs evolution did their digestive system adjust to eating grain processed under high pressure and temperature?

breeder of champion german shepards you say? are they the dogs that used to be the pride of germany but are now bred with back legs too short, walk like crabs and end up with spinal problems.
i know exactly the type of person you describe. one who knows how to make a buck by exploiting well meaning but gullible pet owners. the industry is full of them.

i'd be willing to bet i have as good a knowledge about dog behavior as anyone who uses that pox label on themselves.it's not that difficult really. the problem is that to change a dog's behavior you need to change the owners behavior, something I discovered was near on impossible in the long term, particularly for those that have pets as surrogate children.

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2013, 02:38:34 PM »
al is there enough meat on the chicken frames for a full sized very active Border Collie or do I have to supplement it?

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2013, 02:48:53 PM »
to be honest i couldn't say for sure. it probably depends on exactly how active. dogs are pretty efficient at converting protein into energy and chicken is an easily digested source of protein ( which is why i think it was so good for my old girl) if you did have to suppliment it wouldn't be with much. Fish is also good if they will eat it, i just couldn't be bothered driving all the way to the fish mongers for the cheaper fish these days.

further to the last post, if anyone wants to learn about dog behavior Turid Ruggass is a name to remember .

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2013, 03:13:13 PM »
Marijuana is de-criminalised in the A.C.T. so all the dope-heads can go there if they want. Same goes for those who want to buy fireworks. About the only 'activities' that exist after hours in Canberra :yep.

adelaide too

the law is retarrted. weed has zero recorded fatalities. its a weed hence its hard to tax hence its not legal

grog and tabbaco are killing millions but are taxable hence legal

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2013, 03:36:06 PM »
just a quick question billy, where in the dogs evolution did their digestive system adjust to eating grain processed under high pressure and temperature?

breeder of champion german shepards you say? are they the dogs that used to be the pride of germany but are now bred with back legs too short, walk like crabs and end up with spinal problems.
i know exactly the type of person you describe. one who knows how to make a buck by exploiting well meaning but gullible pet owners. the industry is full of them.

i'd be willing to bet i have as good a knowledge about dog behavior as anyone who uses that pox label on themselves.it's not that difficult really. the problem is that to change a dog's behavior you need to change the owners behavior, something I discovered was near on impossible in the long term, particularly for those that have pets as surrogate children.

al, it's clear that it doens't matter what I say you are going to think this bloke is dodgy and we are am some sort of gullible pet owners. We aren't.

We put alot of time and effort into what we do food wise, training wise, breed selection etc.

We were maticulous in who we chose to do training with. We were/are maticulous in deciding on the diet of our first Malamaute, we sort advice from our vet because werne't happy with what the advice given to us by so called Malamute experts. Our vet who've I known since I was in high school recommended the beef mince that we buy and that's how we got onto this bloke. Our first Mal lived until she was 13 which is an incredible age for a Malamute seeing their average age is 9-10. We never had problems with her weight so I reckon we got her diet right

As I said we are maticulous regarding the training we've undertaken and the methods this bloke has taught us work. We rarely walk the 2 older ones on lead. Nisha being only 9 months hasn't graduated to off lead walking as yey but his training for that will start in the next few weeks. They walk beside us, they dont wander. When people walk towards us we move to one side sit the dogs down and they don't move. If they see another dog they don't run off, they stay with us. We are always being stopped in the street while we are walking and being told how well behaved our dogs are. So I reckon we've done ok with the choices we've made for them.

I've underlined something you wrote; that is about to change a dogs behaviour you need to change the owners behaviour. You are correct and this is one of the things this bloke teaches us as owners.

I will back this bloke in every day of the week. He is one of the most reputable people in the canine industry not only here in Victoria but in other states as well.

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2013, 05:13:21 PM »
its not so this bloke is dodgy, but the whole industry.

I have no doubt that you have been meticulous, but unless you get the right advise/knowledge to start with then it doesn't matter.

dried dog food in particular is an absolute scourge, but very few vets will ever tell you that. most of them have signs up all over their surgery and sell the stuff.

do yourself and your dogs a favour and do some research into raw feeding. try to mimick what the dogs have evolved to eat. the beef mince with pasta and veges and multivitamins is not so bad, but still is a lot of money to pay when you can feed them just as healthily for cheaper.

It does sound like you have your dogs under control, but i do hope you let them run and frolic and generally enjoy themselves a bit.

what is this dudes name and does he have a name for the methods he teaches?