Author Topic: Can Richmond challenge again in 2022? [merged]  (Read 45577 times)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Can Richmond challenge again in 2022? [merged]
« Reply #345 on: August 05, 2022, 03:48:29 PM »
Us making it at the expense of Carlton would be absolutely gold

Very much so.

One of the few potential Schadenfreude items that would make me happy enough without winning the flag.

Also includes:
Geelong not winning the flag
Brisbane not winning the flag
Collingwood not winning the flag
Melbourne not winning the flag (less so than the above 3)

So yeah, kinda hoping that someone like Freo, Swans or Saints get up and win it despite my mild nausea.

fantastic post and in fact its like i wrote it myself

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Broadsword

« Reply #346 on: August 05, 2022, 10:35:36 PM »
Collingwood pull another one out their arse.

Wish we could kick like that!

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #347 on: August 05, 2022, 10:39:58 PM »
 :We're a 6 goal better side than them.  Unbelievable

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #348 on: August 05, 2022, 10:51:53 PM »
:We're a 6 goal better side than them.  Unbelievable

Are we? We can’t tackle for poo this year on all areas of the field

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #349 on: August 05, 2022, 10:54:57 PM »

I wouldn’t say that.Collingwood had 70 tackles tonight and their pressure is elite. This winning style can make any ordinary team successful.

Fly has instilled the Richmond dna into this group with the secret ingredient that made us so successful but that has seemed to have been lost to us for most of this year and last year and because of it we now look very ordinary losing close games even to the likes of Norf.  :facepalm

I blame;
1) attitude of both players and coaches
2) lowering of standards by coaches and players
3) poor fitness
4) poor development
5) skimping in football department with the loss of quality people to other clubs who obviously can afford them  :banghead

As much as it irks me to see Collingwood successful you have to be impressed with their commitment to raise the standard especially when it’s needed. They also didn’t skimp on professional coaches that are highly regarded that obviously know what is required for success.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Jonesracing82

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #350 on: August 06, 2022, 12:06:10 AM »

I wouldn’t say that.Collingwood had 70 tackles tonight and their pressure is elite. This winning style can make any ordinary team successful.

Fly has instilled the Richmond dna into this group with the secret ingredient that made us so successful but that has seemed to have been lost to us for most of this year and last year and because of it we now look very ordinary losing close games even to the likes of Norf.  :facepalm

I blame;
1) attitude of both players and coaches
2) lowering of standards by coaches and players
3) poor fitness
4) poor development
5) skimping in football department with the loss of quality people to other clubs who obviously can afford them  :banghead

As much as it irks me to see Collingwood successful you have to be impressed with their commitment to raise the standard especially when it’s needed. They also didn’t skimp on professional coaches that are highly regarded that obviously know what is required for success.
U say we skimped etc, IMO Macrae can't ask for the same $$$ as Dimma as a snr Coach when they signed him up. This is where the soft cap has hurt us.

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #351 on: August 06, 2022, 09:17:49 AM »
Some good points
Collingwood are using the Richmond blueprint in every way , culture ,game style, enjoying the game ,team first  with Mcrea and Leppa there how could they not
Leppa imo was our greatest coaching loss, his no bs attitude complimented the other coaches

I still can’t believe we didn’t go hard for Paddy Lipinski, anyone still think he wouldn’t have been a good pick up for us

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #352 on: August 06, 2022, 09:23:10 AM »
Some good points
Collingwood are using the Richmond blueprint in every way , culture ,game style, enjoying the game ,team first  with Mcrea and Leppa there how could they not
Leppa imo was our greatest coaching loss, his no bs attitude complimented the other coaches

I still can’t believe we didn’t go hard for Paddy Lipinski, anyone still think he wouldn’t have been a good pick up for us

we didn't go hard for anyone Cam. It was a terrible off season for us culminating in contract extensions for disposable players like George.

Tigeritis is 100% right. Too many blokes or girls on the payroll that could have been flipped for an extra assistant.

Back to the pre 2016 set up we have gone.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #353 on: August 06, 2022, 09:41:46 AM »
Some good points

Terrible decision not getting Lipinski he went for what a 3rd rounder?

Honestly I'd have taken a guy like Casboult too given he was completely free - after the loss of CCJ and Chol, Soldo coming back from a knee, Ryan being a bean pole and Nank getting regularly injured.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #354 on: August 06, 2022, 10:52:31 AM »
Pies aren't nothing special , but McRae has them playing as a team with non negotiable and working hard with quality football people around the coach to. Pies a not fluking nothing.

As the previous post said our standards have dropped on and off the field.

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #355 on: August 06, 2022, 11:01:53 AM »
How anyone thinks we had a terrible offseason last year is heyond me.

Ill take Gibcus, Brown, Sonsie, Banks and Clarke over Lipinski or any other C grader any day of the week for an offseason recruitment result. Time to go vack to tje draft and get another 3 or 4 kids and then start bringing in free agents and trade in players.

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #356 on: August 06, 2022, 12:01:03 PM »
I don’t think Lipinski is a hack and he is playing good football to anyone who has watched any Collingwood games. He is just a little older than the kids  would have been better value for a third round pick  than  a lot of them as most  are yet to prove they will make it to the seniors

Im not sure who saying the off season was a disaster but Im not sure why we got 3 back flankers and a small forward when we clearly needed tall forwards and mids like Lipinski

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #357 on: August 06, 2022, 12:25:35 PM »
All our 5 kids from last year will make it imho. We took best available. Theres no point taking a player in the draft to fill in a position if the young man isnt going to make it.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #358 on: August 06, 2022, 12:45:59 PM »
How anyone thinks we had a terrible offseason last year is heyond me.

Ill take Gibcus, Brown, Sonsie, Banks and Clarke over Lipinski or any other C grader any day of the week for an offseason recruitment result. Time to go vack to tje draft and get another 3 or 4 kids and then start bringing in free agents and trade in players.

we did mate, not in terms of the kids i should have said in terms of FA or otherwise.

what did we do? Ageing midfield and forward lines and who did we get? What we did was extend contracts to George.

That IMO is poor decision making.

Always happy to go to the draft, but IMO the club mistakenly thought we had the goods to contest so didnt really look around for anyone like the names mentioned.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #359 on: August 06, 2022, 12:50:18 PM »
I don’t think Lipinski is a hack and he is playing good football to anyone who has watched any Collingwood games. He is just a little older than the kids  would have been better value for a third round pick  than  a lot of them as most  are yet to prove they will make it to the seniors

Im not sure who saying the off season was a disaster but Im not sure why we got 3 back flankers and a small forward when we clearly needed tall forwards and mids like Lipinski

Bingo and good point. Another mistake.

Without looking at our draftees are they any good?  Outside of Gibcus of course.