Author Topic: Trade week targets & rumours? [merged]  (Read 225935 times)

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Trade week targets & rumours? [merged]
« Reply #420 on: August 18, 2011, 05:09:00 PM »
Daniel Motlop  :lol not even GWS would be dumb enough to go after him surely.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #421 on: August 18, 2011, 10:10:18 PM »
Rumor from Zambia.......Trengove is a cert, already signed..... :lol :shh :thumbsup
Zambia can have him  ;D.

I agree with TM. I'd much prefer Carlile out of the two so hopefully Ralph is right.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Ivan Maric an endangered Crow (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #422 on: August 19, 2011, 02:57:46 AM »
INTERIM Adelaide coach Mark Bickley concedes the Crows are at risk of losing ruckman Ivan Maric as rival AFL clubs circle the 25-year-old.

Maric - last night dropped from Adelaide's 22 to confront the Gold Coast at Metricon Stadium tomorrow - has fallen behind first-choice ruckman Sam Jacobs in the pecking order.

Adelaide operations manager Phil Harper told the Herald Sun the club had offered Maric a new contract, but whether it can match what rivals such as Port Adelaide and Richmond can offer remains in question.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/ivan-maric-the-endangered-crow/story-fn9pagb9-1226117740840

Offline Fruity Morgan

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #423 on: August 19, 2011, 07:05:14 AM »
let's get jacobs then

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #424 on: August 19, 2011, 08:58:51 AM »
I believe we have come to terms with two players that have both agreed to be tigers in the off season.

They will help improve significant structural holes that we need to fill.

This is an extremely difficult task as the cost/benefit of these additions will be highly scrutinised.

Lets hope that the club strikes the sort of deals that netted Grigg and Houli last year.

I have confidence in Blair Hartley doing another great job this year.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #425 on: August 19, 2011, 09:23:29 AM »
can you tell us what position these players play, Blaisee
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

« Reply #426 on: August 19, 2011, 10:06:20 AM »
can you tell us what position these players play, Blaisee

Ruck and FB/CHB is my guess.

:thumbsup

tony_montana

« Reply #427 on: August 19, 2011, 10:19:30 AM »
I believe we have come to terms with two players that have both agreed to be tigers in the off season.

This is an extremely difficult task as the cost/benefit of these additions will be highly scrutinised.

Lets hope that the club strikes the sort of deals that netted Grigg and Houli last year.

I hope its not Maric! Has never averaged more than 10possessions and 17 hitouts a game. May as well keep playing Graham!

10 FLAGS

« Reply #428 on: August 19, 2011, 10:49:24 AM »

He did a reasonable job a fair job last year with Houli and Grigg but in my opinion it was a fair way short of being a great job. Grigg cant kick IMHO.

10 FLAGS

« Reply #429 on: August 19, 2011, 10:55:11 AM »

To be honest this sounds like the club is chasing players who the supporters will think are duds. Filling structural holes is good but if the players are no good then whats the point? The club should be making the national draft and in particular GWS u17 picks the no 1 priority. Thats where you can find class players for the future not taking players where the supporters will highly scrutinise the deals because the they think the players coming to Punt Road arent up to it.

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #430 on: August 19, 2011, 11:29:05 AM »

Sounds like a ruck and a key back, on expensive long term deals (4-5 years).

Still have to do the deal with their current clubs though.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #431 on: August 19, 2011, 11:35:16 AM »

How can that be if you are not GWS or GC?

isn't that against the rules?  :-\

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #432 on: August 19, 2011, 02:19:28 PM »

To be honest this sounds like the club is chasing players who the supporters will think are duds. Filling structural holes is good but if the players are no good then whats the point? The club should be making the national draft and in particular GWS u17 picks the no 1 priority. Thats where you can find class players for the future not taking players where the supporters will highly scrutinise the deals because the they think the players coming to Punt Road arent up to it.
I got confused by the first sentence having any relevance to the backing argument when it is complete supposition, based on a rumor.   :santa
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 02:42:07 PM by Owl »
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #433 on: August 19, 2011, 09:51:54 PM »
Seems some Crows fans on BF would be happy with a 3rd round pick (plus maybe a swap of 2nd rounders) for Maric. Others want a 2nd round pick but I think even they admit it's wishful thinking. One wants the compo pick back we got from them for Tambling  ;D.

Okay it's BF "mail" but a Crows fan on their board says his mail is that Adelaide has offered Maric a 1 year (base payments) contract extension similar to what Melb did with Jamar a couple seasons back so unless the club increases it's offer he expects Maric to be at a new club in 2012. 

Honestly, I think the Tigers are a bit wiser these days regarding recruiting. They would be looking to steal Maric by offering a 3 year deal and the lure of going home. I doubt they would give up anything more than a 3rd rounder and I could not say he is worth any more than that at best.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=859373

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #434 on: August 20, 2011, 07:37:42 PM »

I hope its not Maric! Has never averaged more than 10possessions and 17 hitouts a game. May as well keep playing Graham!
I agree TM. After six years in the AFL system and 77 games Maric should be producing more than that. He's not a ruckman who can go forward either and kick some goals. It appears we are only chasing after Maric because he had 37 hitouts against us last year and 26 in 2009 :P.

http://finalsiren.com/PlayerStats.asp?PlayerID=1640&SeasonID=ALL
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd