Author Topic: NAB Challenge 3 - Richmond vs Adelaide @ Princes Park  (Read 18388 times)

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: NAB Challenge 3 - Richmond vs Adelaide @ Princes Park
« Reply #180 on: March 11, 2011, 11:48:51 PM »
So are we looking for debut games for Conca, Batch and Derickx and Helbig - 4 newbies with 0 games experience. Also Grigg and Houli will probably play so that makes 6 newbies for r1.
I can't see Derickx getting a gig after not playing in the previous two practice matches. One of those kids will probably be the sub at best, I can't see us taking 3 debutants into round 1 this year, maybe, but I doubt it.

tony_montana

« Reply #181 on: March 12, 2011, 12:22:30 AM »
So are we looking for debut games for Conca, Batch and Derickx and Helbig - 4 newbies with 0 games experience. Also Grigg and Houli will probably play so that makes 6 newbies for r1.

they'd be an upgrade on graham, white, connors and nahas for a start

10 FLAGS

« Reply #182 on: March 12, 2011, 08:55:07 AM »

You know something Tony, Ive reached the stage where Its just better to get rid of blokes who cant kick or kill us with turnovers and just play the kids. Id play the 4 debutants. Not because it gives the best chance, but because theres no point in playing some other blokes who are just leading us back to the dead end street.

jackstar is back again

« Reply #183 on: March 12, 2011, 08:57:17 AM »

You know something Tony, Ive reached the stage where Its just better to get rid of blokes who cant kick or kill us with turnovers and just play the kids. Id play the 4 debutants. Not because it gives the best chance, but because theres no point in playing some other blokes who are just leading us back to the dead end street.

Correct
We fall in love with players who couldnt get a game at other clubs
Really guys like Nahas are clearly not up to it.
Either is Rance

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #184 on: March 12, 2011, 08:58:28 AM »
The lack of energy in the first part of the game, the lack of abilty to stop the flow of Adelaide goals was shocking

jackstar is back again

« Reply #185 on: March 12, 2011, 09:16:09 AM »
and we aint going to win many games with the likes of Nahas and Rance

10 FLAGS

« Reply #186 on: March 12, 2011, 09:21:34 AM »

Correct
We fall in love with players who couldnt get a game at other clubs
Really guys like Nahas are clearly not up to it.
Either is Rance

Jackson isnt much better IMHO. He should only be used to tag out opponents nothing more. Just kills us with the use of the footy.

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #187 on: March 12, 2011, 09:41:16 AM »
Rance will definatly play round 1. It's clear he's on the upward curve, so the club, despite his disposal concerns, won't be looking to drop him. If there's a player in him, the next month will be time the he will be most likely to show it.

Post will also play, prob rotating ff with vickery. I liked him at hff yesterday. I could actually see him playing CHF with riewoldt at ff. Then play vicks/grif in a pocket. Let's see how the season unfolds.

Jackson will play as he is our only premium tagger. Just has to handball more and kick less.

Ill tell who you I think doesn't deserve a game, based on yesterday's performance and what I have seen over the last 4 weeks:

Mcguane. White. Nahas. Edwards. Graham.

These players have the least weapons in their armourment. All can't kick, but the middle 3 are in their side for their run and speed.

I'd sub the middle 3 for cotch, conca, nason.

Geez it would be good to get a fit gourdis back for mcguane. Derrickx for Gus.

Gus jumps too early at centre bounces. Killed us and our hard ball getters.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #188 on: March 12, 2011, 09:47:01 AM »
when Gus is cold he is deplorable, to allow moran to dominate is a genuine worry...i wouldn't dismiss X man debuting for a minute...I dont think Conc will start...more likely Batch, possibly Helbig going on reports and X
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #189 on: March 12, 2011, 09:56:23 AM »
Batch looks like he has been playing half back at afl level for 4-5 years. Wasn't overly in play yesterday, but when he was, was very confident, clean and did a solid defensive job. Plenty to work with there. Potential to be a very good player. could be interesting if we trial him as an outside wing/half.

Compare him to match farmer, who I sense won't get any better.

Probably a toss between conc and helbig.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #190 on: March 12, 2011, 11:09:52 AM »
I wasn't at the game yesterday but how does a nearly full strength side with 6 top 10 draft picks get beaten by a travelling interstate, middle of the ladder side, by more than 10 goals with there best forward out,  in the last hit out before the opening round of the season!?????

Just not good enough!

Our development of our young players (and that's most of them) is just so far behind all clubs it makes me nervous that maybe our great hope is just not upto it! (DH)
All most of us want to see is SOME improvement in the way we move and use the ball. I went to Shep last week and if last nights game was like that, then we have gone backward even for the TW days!!!! I hated Terry (as Stripes will attest to) but with him as coach, at least the ball moved with some sort of purpose!!!

I was watching Foxtel the other night and Melbourne and Freeo were playing about round 20 in the 2009 season, and it was almost a fight for the wooden spoon. (Melbourne ended up last that year and Freeo third last) Then the following year Freeo come out and play finals, but not only play finals, they were in the top 4 most of the year! How does a club turn it around so quick and we just don't seem to improve year after year, whoever the coach is?
Essendon seem to have done it this year, i know it's early, but just the way they move the ball from one end of the ground to the other is just so far ahead of us it's not funny.

10 FLAGS

« Reply #191 on: March 12, 2011, 11:17:02 AM »
Hardwick is a young coach. He will make mistakes over the journey, but I will continue to back him 100%. I dont necessarily agree with him on players like Jackson et al. but he is the coach, what we're all hearing is that he was stripping the paint of the dressing room walls after the match, so its obvious he was disgusted, like we all were with what he was seeing. One more thing that we shouldnt forget is that he has only coached 22 senior games. Theres a long way to go, yet in those 22 games, he has sent a couple of dozen players packing, he has seen the list accrue players like Martin and Astbury and this years crop including the likes of Conca, Batchelor, Helbig and Derrickx look ok. I think we should stick with the coach this time around, hes shown that he wont cop poo and players who dont perform will be shown the door. Thats more than what weve seen from alot of coaches over the last 20 years or so.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #192 on: March 12, 2011, 11:27:31 AM »
I wasn't at the game yesterday but how does a nearly full strength side with 6 top 10 draft picks get beaten by a travelling interstate, middle of the ladder side, by more than 10 goals with there best forward out,  in the last hit out before the opening round of the season!?????

Just not good enough!

Our development of our young players (and that's most of them) is just so far behind all clubs it makes me nervous that maybe our great hope is just not upto it! (DH)
All most of us want to see is SOME improvement in the way we move and use the ball. I went to Shep last week and if last nights game was like that, then we have gone backward even for the TW days!!!! I hated Terry (as Stripes will attest to) but with him as coach, at least the ball moved with some sort of purpose!!!

I was watching Foxtel the other night and Melbourne and Freeo were playing about round 20 in the 2009 season, and it was almost a fight for the wooden spoon. (Melbourne ended up last that year and Freeo third last) Then the following year Freeo come out and play finals, but not only play finals, they were in the top 4 most of the year! How does a club turn it around so quick and we just don't seem to improve year after year, whoever the coach is?
Essendon seem to have done it this year, i know it's early, but just the way they move the ball from one end of the ground to the other is just so far ahead of us it's not funny.

its development BT. i look at Edwards and shake my head. He has been in the system yet still looks the same as when he arrived all those years ago.

Bag me all you like but he wont play any part in our premiership team, whenever that is. Average footballer

There are only a few players who have got better in the last 5 years and thats worrying. Foot skills same now as they were under Wallet and anyone else. Very average. Jackson is rubbish. Jobe watson cant kick either yet has the skill and poise to handball through traffic. Jackson thinks he is above everyone and maybe he should stick to the media cause he aint much chop at kicking.

Look at Dale Thomas skinny as but gee what a tackler. He is unbelievable at it. Jarrod Blair, Leon Davis. Yet we have Edwards, Nahas and Nason :banghead :banghead :banghead

We cant play Nahas anymore. He is bordering on embarassing that bloke.

When the pressure is on our foot skills are there for all to see. When we play the Pies etc etc watch out.

Scary thing is foot skills wont improve much when they are established footballers so why the hell do we persist with players like Mcguane with his one handed grabs at the ball and Nahas who go to ground almost every time.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #194 on: March 15, 2011, 01:32:42 PM »
Is there any part of it worth watching?

3rd quarter perhaps?
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do