Author Topic: Hardwick's next contract discussion [merged]  (Read 14303 times)

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Richmond to re-sign Hardwick within the next month: Caro
« Reply #180 on: March 04, 2012, 09:23:41 AM »
Anyone hear Robo on SEN tonight? A guy rang in and said he can't believe we are thinking of re signing Harwick and defiantly should be chasing Malthouse at the end of the season! Robo just laughed at him and said and I quote " I don't normally say this but.....buy the Herald sun tomorrow" and he left at that.

My gut is there will either be more speculation that Hardwick will be signed shortly OR an interview with Mick where he said he would love to coach Richmond next year :help

Nothing in the paper this morning Yobbo
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
AFL fairytales abound, but not all come true (The Roar)
« Reply #181 on: March 04, 2012, 12:44:25 PM »
AFL fairytales abound, but not all come true
By BAFL
The Roar
2 Mar 2012

Some of the biggest AFL news stories covered over the past 12 months have us believing in fairytales, and have pulled at the heartstrings like a good Mills & Boon novel.

James Hird being appointed coach of Essendon was a top selling romance novel. Bomber Thompson reuniting with Baby Bomber premiership teammate added another subplot.

Chris Scott winning a premiership in his first year as coach with Geelong was a fair dinkum modern-day fairytale. Mick Malthouse farewelling Collingwood was a real tear-jerker.

Mark Neeld and Brendan McCartney were both eternal bridesmaids who finally became happy brides. The list goes on and on.

This week though I got the feeling that Hawthorn coach Alistair Clarkson is not a hopeless romantic. He is however a very smart man.

He subtly turned the spotlight from his Hawks being overwhelming premiership favourites and poked the Tigers right in the eye, insisting that Richmond would be crazy not to re-sign their coach Damien Hardwick immediately.

Were Clarko’s comments simply to look out for his close mate Dimma, or a heads-up for the Tigers to get their house in order and curb the inevitable destabilising innuendo?

Well, the innuendo has started with a blaze, and this season’s best-selling romance centres around the possible consummation of the off-again on-again relationship between Mick Malthouse and the Richmond Football Club.

What a short retirement that was, Mick! This romance could not have been scripted any better. Malthouse out of retirement and reigniting his coaching career where it all started so many years ago, Punt Road. (Insert laughter.)

I have been a loyal and passionate Richmond Football Club member for over 30 years. Take it from me, I am well versed in the Sheedy romance and tear-jerker stakes.

For the first time in a long time Richmond are a truly united club with clear direction and ambitious future plans. We have broken all kinds of membership records over the past two years. We are well on track to eliminate our debts. The young tiger cubs are developing nicely under Hardwick. These are happy days at Tigerland.

The administration has delivered a consistent message over the past two years. They will not deviate from their plans and there will be no shortcuts to deliver their 11th premiership.

Yes, historically, Richmond has jumped the gun, appointing and sacking coaches at will. However this is not the administration of the Richmond Football Club today. The RFC of today is united and on a journey to achieve success.

Hardwick and CEO Brendon Gale together have been the drivers of these ambitious goals. As Gale said yesterday, there is a process is in place to discuss Hardwick’s contract extension. That process will not be played out in the media.

It is a given that Malthouse’s name will come up this year as he is the face of Channel Seven’s AFL coverage. I have no doubt he will be linked with every struggling club’s job. Let the fairytale dreamers dream.

Dimma, you are the right fit to take our club forward. You are our knight in shining armour, and we all know that’s the guy who gets the girl. For a wedding present, that 11th premiership cup would look nice with the new dining setting.

http://www.theroar.com.au/2012/03/02/afl-fairytales-abound-but-not-all-come-true/

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Richmond should end Hardwick doubt (SNF)
« Reply #182 on: March 04, 2012, 03:19:30 PM »
Why the stuff can't the media just stop trying to make news about us when there is no stuffing news... I swear they want us to self destruct again

BINGO  :thumbsup

Hence why they keep writing the rubbish because we react to it .... it sells papers

Personally I find it  :sleep :sleep
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: AFL fairytales abound, but not all come true (The Roar)
« Reply #183 on: March 04, 2012, 03:54:47 PM »
AFL fairytales abound, but not all come true
By BAFL
The Roar
2 Mar 2012

For the first time in a long time Richmond are a truly united club with clear direction and ambitious future plans. We have broken all kinds of membership records over the past two years. We are well on track to eliminate our debts. The young tiger cubs are developing nicely under Hardwick. These are happy days at Tigerland.

The administration has delivered a consistent message over the past two years. They will not deviate from their plans and there will be no shortcuts to deliver their 11th premiership.

Yes, historically, Richmond has jumped the gun, appointing and sacking coaches at will. However this is not the administration of the Richmond Football Club today. The RFC of today is united and on a journey to achieve success.

Hardwick and CEO Brendon Gale together have been the drivers of these ambitious goals. As Gale said yesterday, there is a process is in place to discuss Hardwick’s contract extension. That process will not be played out in the media.

It is a given that Malthouse’s name will come up this year as he is the face of Channel Seven’s AFL coverage. I have no doubt he will be linked with every struggling club’s job. Let the fairytale dreamers dream.

Dimma, you are the right fit to take our club forward. You are our knight in shining armour, and we all know that’s the guy who gets the girl. For a wedding present, that 11th premiership cup would look nice with the new dining setting.

What he said.

:clapping

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Hardwick's next contract discussion [merged]
« Reply #184 on: March 12, 2012, 04:01:52 PM »
Walls this morning on SEN said Richmond should re-sign Hardwick now to 2-3 more years to avoid any in-season distraction.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #185 on: March 12, 2012, 05:22:52 PM »
as every week goes on it looks more liekly we have the right off field mix in place. I really think some of the off field appointments we have made in last 6 months have enhanced dimmas prospects :thumbsup
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

10 FLAGS

« Reply #186 on: March 12, 2012, 07:04:15 PM »
I think Hardwick will be around for a very long time. He has already brought improvements that all can see and people are forgetting that at this years upcoming national draft we will have 3 very decent selections at the ND. If we could add 3 quality youngsters then our list will get another very good injection of quality and youth. Hardwick is well on the way to being a very long term coach at the RFC.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #187 on: March 12, 2012, 07:05:58 PM »
I think Hardwick will be around for a very long time. He has already brought improvements that all can see and people are forgetting that at this years upcoming national draft we will have 3 very decent selections at the ND. If we could add 3 quality youngsters then our list will get another very good injection of quality and youth. Hardwick is well on the way to being a very long term coach at the RFC.

As Pauline H once said "Please explain"

:bow

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #188 on: March 12, 2012, 07:18:04 PM »
Walls this morning on SEN said Richmond should re-sign Hardwick now to 2-3 more years to avoid any in-season distraction.

Is this the same Walls who gave whacks out the Bummers when they extended Knights contract after he took them to the finals  ;D

10 FLAGS

« Reply #189 on: March 12, 2012, 10:56:27 PM »

As Pauline H once said "Please explain"

:bow

The first two rounds of this national draft seem to be very good according to those who reckon they know. So our R1 and R2 selections should get us 2 players ()considering people are saying we will finish between 12th and 8th). We also have the compensation pick which relates back to Tambling and which I believe is linked to where Port Adelaide finish. Port should finish 3rd last which gets us another decent pick. All up 3 picks.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #190 on: March 13, 2012, 06:19:23 AM »
We also have the compensation pick which relates back to Tambling and which I believe is linked to where Port Adelaide finish.

Wouldn't it be linked to where Adelaide finish, as that's who we got the pick from?

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #191 on: March 13, 2012, 07:00:46 AM »
We also have the compensation pick which relates back to Tambling and which I believe is linked to where Port Adelaide finish.

Wouldn't it be linked to where Adelaide finish, as that's who we got the pick from?

Nah I think it was linked to Port Adel's finish based on the ols priority pick system smokey and how many wins Port may or may not get

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #192 on: March 13, 2012, 10:16:30 AM »
Didn't we trade our compo pick last draft? or did we have two??

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #193 on: March 13, 2012, 10:20:46 AM »
Didn't we trade our compo pick last draft? or did we have two??

We traded our compo pick from Adel that we got for Tambling to Port and got one of their's in return, ended up being a better pick

10 FLAGS

« Reply #194 on: March 13, 2012, 10:42:00 AM »
Adelaide must be bleeding that they traded us that pick. We will end up with 3 players for Tambling and I think Elton is one of those + whoever we get next year as well. Fine trade indeed IMHO.