Author Topic: Tom Lynch [merged]  (Read 413568 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
SEN yesterday reported that it’s a done deal - Lynch to Richmond for 6 years @ 5.5 million.
Amazing if that’s true.

Is there a link?
I haven't found one yet, dougey.

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
Anyone think they will match.

I wouldn't be surprised.

Their coach alluded to it.

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Anyone think they will match.

I wouldn't be surprised.

Their coach alluded to it.

I can't see that happening.

If the compo for losing him is pick 3 as is being widely mooted, then I can't see them getting a better deal.

And I can't see after recent events (eg.stripping of the captaincy in a very public way) how they can reconcile with him.

Online pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
Was told tonight by a mate who has a mate at the club in an official capacity and it's a done deal.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Lynch “certainly” going to Richmond: Caro (zerohanger.com)
« Reply #784 on: August 29, 2018, 04:57:53 PM »
Lynch “certainly” going to Richmond: Wilson

Stephen Marson
zerohanger.com
August 29, 2018

Respected AFL journalist Caroline Wilson believes Gold Coast forward Tom Lynch is a “certainty” to end up at Richmond during the free agency period.

Lynch confirmed he would be testing the free agency market earlier this month, and at the time Richmond, Collingwood and Hawthorn were all well and truly in line for the star forward.

However, Lynch’s interest in the Hawks and Pies has seemingly cooled, with the Tigers ramping up in their pursuit of the 25-year-old.

While Lynch isn’t expected to make an announcement on his preferred destination until after Richmond’s season comes to an end, Wilson spoke to Sportsday Radio on Tuesday night and perhaps gave out the most definite statement on Lynch’s future we’ve heard all year.

“It’ll definitely not happen until Richmond’s finals campaign is ended, but he is certainly going to the Richmond Football Club,” Wilson said.

The former Suns captain has played 131 games for Gold Coast, and has booted 254 goals during his time at Metricon Stadium.

https://www.zerohanger.com/lynch-certainly-going-to-richmond-wilson-23273/

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Tigers pursuing free agent Sun Tom Lynch / Offered $5.5m over 6 years [merged]
« Reply #785 on: September 01, 2018, 03:52:11 PM »
Tom Lynch (GOLD COAST)

Restricted    

The former Suns co-captain is all but certain to pick Richmond as his new home ahead of Collingwood and Hawthorn after last month informing Gold Coast of his desire to move home to Victoria. Lynch will join the Tigers on a long-term deal worth more than $1 million a year. The Suns could match that offer but are expected to accept a compensation pick that will fall at No.3 in the NAB AFL Draft.       

http://www.afl.com.au/news/trade/free-agency       

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Tigers pursuing free agent Sun Tom Lynch / Offered $5.5m over 6 years [merged]
« Reply #786 on: September 01, 2018, 08:02:32 PM »
Wow pick 3 is pretty good compo I would think.
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #787 on: September 01, 2018, 08:27:34 PM »
They will 99% getting pick 3 if they don’t match our offer (even though they’d offer more if he was happy to stay), which works well for us as we couldn’t offer anything close to pick 3 if we have to trade.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #788 on: September 02, 2018, 01:43:26 PM »
They will 99% getting pick 3 if they don’t match our offer (even though they’d offer more if he was happy to stay), which works well for us as we couldn’t offer anything close to pick 3 if we have to trade.
Bingo! And regarding the bit in bold, neither can Collingwood and Hawthorn if they were still in the race while Lynch doesn't want to go to another bottom club that could offer a better pick. The Suns will have to accept the pick 3 compo and let Lynch walk.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #789 on: September 02, 2018, 04:11:20 PM »
Will be a Tiger - That is all  ;D

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #790 on: September 03, 2018, 07:09:52 PM »
It's not done just yet.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #791 on: September 03, 2018, 07:30:27 PM »
???

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #792 on: September 03, 2018, 07:33:35 PM »
Sam McClure on Talking Footy just said Hawthorn hasn't given up on Tom Lynch and he'll tell later on in the show what the Hawks have done over the past two weeks.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #793 on: September 03, 2018, 07:36:32 PM »
I don't believe he hasn't made his mind up by now if he hasn't well  move on.

Online pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #794 on: September 03, 2018, 07:39:06 PM »
The media are all flogs.  Apparently Rougheed went up there.  That's great, Rougheed probably won't be there next year as Clarko wants him gone. 

Breaking news, Maclure still thinks he will go to RFC

Bugger me,