Author Topic: Who do you think will be our biggest improver in 2013?  (Read 3059 times)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Who do you think will be our biggest improver in 2013?
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2012, 04:44:44 PM »
I was going to say Vickery but honestly with the shoulder not coming along as well as I had thought, or him starting the preseason in the rehab group I did not wan't to put unrealistic expectations on him.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2012, 05:19:12 PM »
I was going to say Vickery but honestly with the shoulder not coming along as well as I had thought, or him starting the preseason in the rehab group I did not wan't to put unrealistic expectations on him.

Round 1 is roughly 150 days away WAT....
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Ox

« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2012, 05:23:29 PM »
If Griffiths doesn't come on in 2013 then stuff him off

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2012, 09:59:28 AM »
Reece Conca and Ben Griffiths ...

Gigantor

« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2012, 10:03:02 AM »
Alex Rance..with Troy chaplin down back and a fit Grimes i think Alex might end up having a blinder next year.
I would also hope to see huge improvement from conca and Ellis and Ty.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2012, 11:11:10 AM »

This.time next year he will be 22.

How many blokes in this draft are 200cm and can kick 70m?

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2012, 11:30:55 AM »

This.time next year he will be 22.

How many blokes in this draft are 200cm and can kick 70m?

:thumbsup

Still so young. I reckon our tall stocks might just be poo hot in a couple of years.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2012, 11:36:26 AM »
Our talls don't do enough at reserves level. Silvester was the last bloke to play consistently well for the reserves :lol

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2012, 12:02:24 PM »
Our talls don't do enough at reserves level. Silvester was the last bloke to play consistently well for the reserves :lol

Because most of them have been playing in the seniors before they are ready. Post maybe the only one to have a consistent stint in the twos.
OH and maybe Shultzy but he is a steaming pile of poo anyway  :laugh:.

You don't reckon our tall stocks are promising, Uncle?

Grimes, Rance, Griff, Elton, Astbury, Vickery, Jack. I reckon that' s a pretty solid bunch of young talls.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2012, 12:05:37 PM »
Astbury played a lot of reserves footy this year and he got his arse kicked by blokes not on AFL lists. Then he got gifted the last two games of the year and did FA. Griff has done FA. The only time he kicks the ball is from a kick out. Rance is overrated and so is Vickery but both can play. Grimes is very good IMO and Elton is still young. Hasn't had a kick at reserves level either.

I'd just like to see blokes go back to the reserves and kick 9 a week like Schulz used to. But then again he's in the top few forwards in the comp so maybe I expect too much from our promising talls. ;D

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2012, 12:20:20 PM »
Astbury played a lot of reserves footy this year and he got his arse kicked by blokes not on AFL lists. Then he got gifted the last two games of the year and did FA. Griff has done FA. The only time he kicks the ball is from a kick out. Rance is overrated and so is Vickery but both can play. Grimes is very good IMO and Elton is still young. Hasn't had a kick at reserves level either.

I'd just like to see blokes go back to the reserves and kick 9 a week like Schulz used to. But then again he's in the top few forwards in the comp so maybe I expect too much from our promising talls. ;D

I dont really get your point. I'm not suggesting that Astbury and Griff have dominated. I'm suggesting that both  have had poor runs with injury, but are still  young and have shown enough to persist with. Combined with our other more established young talls, and I think it's a good bunch.

How was your boy going when he was 21? Dominating, i suppose?

You didn't answer my question either.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2012, 12:39:55 PM »
Never said you reckon they dominate, just pointing out that they've been here for years and they've produced FA. Are they promising? Possibly. Not sure why they picked up a gardener if they were convinced of these blokes though...
I'm just a tad sick of guys getting talked up when they have done SFA. Griff has gotten more than 10 touches 4 times in his career. And those 4 games would have been when played as a defender where you can rack up easy stats ala JB. poo, Astbury & Griff might end up being our CHB & CHF for the next 10 years but I certainly won't be talking them up until they at least show they're a cut above VFL.

At the age of 20 Schulz had broken his ankle twice, had a shoulder reco and on his first 3 games back at Coburg that season he kicked 6, 8 and 6 again before earning promotion. Then came into the Richmond side and kicked 16 goals from 9 games. And that was playing second fiddle to Cho, Simmonds & Stafford. He certainly had his faults at Richmond but at least he never shirked a contest and he always performed for the reserves. Poor idiot wasted 7 years at this club under the Wallet & Spud development academy.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2012, 12:43:40 PM »
Inb4 "big blokes take time"

LMAOOOOOOOOO

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2012, 12:45:00 PM »

Grimes ripped it.up

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2012, 02:04:50 PM »
Never said you reckon they dominate, just pointing out that they've been here for years and they've produced FA. Are they promising? Possibly. Not sure why they picked up a gardener if they were convinced of these blokes though...
I'm just a tad sick of guys getting talked up when they have done SFA. Griff has gotten more than 10 touches 4 times in his career. And those 4 games would have been when played as a defender where you can rack up easy stats ala JB. poo, Astbury & Griff might end up being our CHB & CHF for the next 10 years but I certainly won't be talking them up until they at least show they're a cut above VFL.

At the age of 20 Schulz had broken his ankle twice, had a shoulder reco and on his first 3 games back at Coburg that season he kicked 6, 8 and 6 again before earning promotion. Then came into the Richmond side and kicked 16 goals from 9 games. And that was playing second fiddle to Cho, Simmonds & Stafford. He certainly had his faults at Richmond but at least he never shirked a contest and he always performed for the reserves. Poor stuffer wasted 7 years at this club under the Wallet & Spud development academy.

Fair enough, old bean. They're actually fairly impressive numbers from your boy, eh?  :-\ I guess what it comes down to is that I see futures in Griff, Astbury and Elton, where as you are not convinced yet.That's understandable. Time wil tell, i guess.
But you've got to remember that even Jack, Rance and Grimes are still relatively young and they're proven players. I stand by my prediction that we will have a very strong group of talls in two years time.

And big blokes DO take time ya prick!!!    :lol