Author Topic: Kelvin Moore considers career in blue (Herald-Sun)  (Read 1459 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Kelvin Moore considers career in blue (Herald-Sun)
« on: April 22, 2012, 12:22:22 AM »
Kelvin Moore considers career in blue

Stevo and Ralphy
    April 22, 2012

RICHMOND defender Kelvin Moore says his comeback from 10 hip surgeries is the "last roll of the dice".

Moore said yesterday he had been told at times he would never play football again, but was determined to give his AFL career one last shot.

He was considered Richmond's best key defender and in the club's four-man leadership group, but hasn't played since 2010.

Moore is having work experience with Victoria Police through the AFL's SportsReady program.

The internship has included tours of the police academy, suburban stations, the Special Operations Group and, this week, Richmond police station.

He has an interest in the police dog squad, but first he will try to make a return from hip surgery that some doctors have told him will end his career.

Moore cannot pinpoint why he wants to become a policeman.

"I am not sure why. I am quite interested in the dog squad side of it because I have a love of dogs and training them, but I can't answer why I have the drive to get involved," Moore told the Sunday Herald Sun.

"I have been out to a few stations, which was interesting. We went out looking for drug dealers and we also looked at the Special Operations Group. They are nuts, just crazy people."

Moore said he was four to six weeks away from a hitout with Coburg in the VFL.

"It's pretty exciting. I haven't played for 18 months and it's a long time. I has been a tough pill to swallow," Moore said.

"I played Round 22 of 2010 and then was told, 'You will never play again'. It's the cards I have been dealt, but I had to get the surgery in order for me to play again, and to live a healthy life. I was in a fair bit of pain doing day-to-day things."

Moore has needed three of those operations since last May just to return to jogging and kicking, but he has never doubted it was worth it.

"The one significant one (nine months ago) restructured the socket and rotated it around and covered the femur bone and then screwed it back in. That was a six-month recovery before I could run," he said.

"But I am actually feeling the most positive I have been for a long time about playing. I am not getting day-to-day pain. It is the last roll of the dice pretty much, but I am confident I can get back and play some footy and hopefully that's at AFL level."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/kelvin-moore-considers-career-in-blue/story-fn9eu7in-1226335149620

gerkin greg

Re: Kelvin Moore considers career in blue (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2012, 07:58:54 AM »
Should become an ump and give us an armchair ride

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2012, 08:02:18 AM »
DOn't want to "rain on Kel's parade" (pardon the pun) but you'd think with his medical history in regard to his "cactus" hips then he'd be unlikely to get into the the force  :-\ :-\
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2012, 08:57:20 AM »
lol have you seen how many fat flaccid bastards are running round with uniforms on?  He would still be miles ahead of the curve.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2012, 09:08:05 AM »
lol have you seen how many fat flaccid bastards are running round with uniforms on?  He would still be miles ahead of the curve.

Yep, didn't they have standards for the force once upon a time!
Reckon my nan could get a job these days.
What about security teams - 7 eleven dropouts, not real intimidating  :rollin

Ruanaidh

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2012, 10:53:04 AM »
I think he's on the verge of retiring. Good luck with whatever he does in future.

Tigermonk

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2012, 05:38:54 PM »
Moore will never play football at Richmond ever again. His history & its another mistake by RFC holding a player over 2 more wasted seasons. Thats the reason our club is so far behind others, We hang onto players who give nothing on the field. list cloggers who put us behind. The list of mistakes continue to grow cause they all dumb down at RFC. No wonder they shake the tin constantly cause the workers are sending the buisness broke because of no produce hahaha.

Ruanaidh

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2012, 06:45:10 PM »
Moore will never play football at Richmond ever again. His history & its another mistake by RFC holding a player over 2 more wasted seasons. Thats the reason our club is so far behind others, We hang onto players who give nothing on the field. list cloggers who put us behind. The list of mistakes continue to grow cause they all dumb down at RFC. No wonder they shake the tin constantly cause the workers are sending the buisness broke because of no produce hahaha.
I think he was offered a contract extension a couple of years ago on the back of good form. Just bad luck for all concerned.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2012, 08:46:53 PM »

He maybe and that's not the issue here

The fact is your medical history when you join is relevant, would think his current problems would count against him
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)