Author Topic: African Cichlids  (Read 3682 times)

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
African Cichlids
« on: September 30, 2006, 08:22:03 AM »
Does anyone know much about them?  We have a 240lt tank and up till now they have been pretty good but I've noticed over the last couple of days they don't seem to be eating as well as normal.  Normally they absolutely devour bloodworms but I noticed this morning there seems to be a lot not eaten.  Also one of the bigger babies is darker in colour and not well as is spinning himself around.  Not the slow spin of a dying fish though and he still seems very mobile.  I'll change the water and clean the filter and race out and get some Melafix but if anyone can give me some pointers, I'd appreciate it.

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: African Cichlids
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2006, 12:08:28 PM »
I think I've averted death and destruction.  Emptied half the tank, gave them heaps of Bio Booster and Melafix and some Aquarium Salt.  Sick fish is back to normal colour and swimming normally.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2006, 06:15:37 PM »
Sorry Julz I know nothing about fish except for Flake, Whiting and Snapper  :burgereater ;).

Hope your pet fish are doing okay now  :).
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Ramps

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2006, 06:23:49 PM »
Add some bbq octopus and fried squid and some greek salad MT and you have quite a menu lol...

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2006, 10:40:02 AM »
Flake - so Victorian.  We never have to buy fish at fish & chip shops cause Hubby always has a freezer full of wahoo (yummy), pearl perch or mahi mahi (dolphin fish).