Author Topic: Corey Ellis [merged]  (Read 143892 times)

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
Re: Corey Ellis [merged]
« Reply #360 on: February 16, 2016, 10:35:02 PM »
Mr Silk!

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Pick 12. Corey Ellis [merged]
« Reply #361 on: February 16, 2016, 11:22:49 PM »
I shall commit suicide as my Samurai forefathers have done before me to regain honour
that would be good hurry up.  na just playin. but a serious question.
have you even seen this kid play judge.
me i have about 6 i would have taken in front of corey but i will not bag him not until we see what we have at the level.  we all have kids we like better than others. it doesnt mean we are right. only way to judge ellis is on HIS PERFORMANCES FROM HERE ON IN. ATM francis jacksons picks are all spot on until PROVEN otherwise.

does anyone else here like the upside connor menadue represents. again i had about 3 i would have taken in front of connor but ffs this is a good pick.

while ellis is not my cup of tea and atm im  alittle disappointed we didnt take others i think for once francis has done okay with his other picks.
time will tell and in fairness we need to give these picks a chance to work out.
Said this when we drafted him. It still rings true imo. Let the kid actually prove himself, so far all we have had is the odd glimpse of skill and not much else.Reading these type of threads where its gone from bagging and disgust to right now where  if i didn't know better id think Ellis was an elite 150 game player instead of a second yr kid who has done nothing to date and played what just 6 games.

I have some concerns with this kid the same concerns i had when we drafted him but i wont be voicing them too many nuffies get too upset at any hint of negativety.
Why is it so hard for richmond people to actually wait until players prove themselves before they they start pronouncing them champs.

Yep Richo like most is sold on one kick. one tiny aspect of the game.Personally id just like to see him him get leather poisoning in the magoos for starters. If you dont get the pill to start with  you can't hurt the opposition.This kid according to FJ Was to be our inside savior i would like to see some inside attributes and an ability to get enough ball for starters.

Once again im not bagging him i think he has talent but im sure the nuffies will twist it that way.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #362 on: February 16, 2016, 11:27:29 PM »
Corey Ellen
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #363 on: February 17, 2016, 01:37:37 AM »
Wonder how long his honeymoon will last before the knives come out?

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #364 on: February 17, 2016, 11:06:46 AM »

Did he have a honeymoon?
He's like the Carmen Electra in a Denis Rodman marriage.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #365 on: February 17, 2016, 11:23:49 AM »
Do you mean "new whipping boy - Corey Ellis" type threads?

;D
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 03:56:15 PM by WilliamPowell »
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Heart of Darkness

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #366 on: February 20, 2016, 12:02:23 AM »
So refreshing to see a player with clean hands who makes the right decisions. Hopefully he can stay on the park.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #367 on: February 20, 2016, 07:55:04 AM »
Played a really serviceable game last night, looks classy and above some.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #368 on: February 20, 2016, 09:35:40 PM »
Was good  :clapping
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #369 on: February 20, 2016, 09:54:44 PM »
This kid will be showing up many in a few years, maybe even Cotchin  :o

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #370 on: March 03, 2016, 03:08:45 AM »
Choco's latest cub watch is about Corey ...

VIDEO: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2016-03-02/chocos-cub-watch-ellis

* Corey took a bit of time.  I remember going down to Frankston last season and watching him play in the twos. He played really, really well and after that he got his chance to play in the seniors.

* He’s silky, he’s smart and he’s continually working on the other areas of his game.  He has a great degree of diligence and wants to be a better tackler, so we’re working on that as well.

* Most importantly, I think he belongs now.  He’s speaking up more in meetings, yelling for the ball and doing all those things that young people probably doubt themselves a little when they first come into the AFL.

* So, that’s what he’s doing and it all adds to him getting more possessions.  And when the ball’s in his hands, it’s a great result for us. He’s line-ball to play every game this year.  Right now, he’s looking good. His attributes in being able to work inside and outside and being a great deliverer of the ball are all great traits that we need in our side.

Full article: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2016-03-02/chocos-cub-watch-corey-ellis

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #371 on: April 12, 2016, 04:29:30 AM »
Ellis, 19, played his ninth senior league game in last Saturday’s clash with Adelaide at Etihad Stadium.  He finished with 16 disposals, including three rebound-50s.

“We’ve trialled Corey a little bit off half-back.  He’s a player that we feel has got incredible potential,” Hardwick told 3AW.

“His possession rate’s probably a little bit low at this stage.  The one thing Corey does, though, is when he does get the ball, you certainly notice he can use it.

“We’re just trying to get the ball into his hands a little bit more."

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2016-04-11/tiger-cubs-have-a-huge-upside

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #372 on: April 12, 2016, 05:52:57 AM »
I'm hoping that Corey getting such valuable match experience puts him in good stead going forward. He seemed to have little impact on Saturday and at times rushed his kicking. If he can learn to settle himself when he has the time he'll be a very good player for us.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #373 on: April 12, 2016, 07:59:36 AM »
“We’ve trialled Corey a little bit off half-back."

Well Damien, who haven't you tried off half back....?? Why don't you try someone in the center, or is half back and the backline all you think exists in a team??

"Rucks:

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #374 on: April 20, 2016, 06:56:20 PM »
“Corey’s grown again, I think, in his role,” Hardwick told Tiger great Matthew Richardson in this week’s episode of ‘Dimma’s Dissection’ on ‘Roar Vision’.

“His ability to use the ball is very good . . . the pleasing thing for us is he started to get a little bit more of it.

“We’ve been happy with the way he’s played down back.

“He played on (Mark) LeCras (last Friday night v West Coast) . . .  LeCras, we felt, didn’t have a great influence on the game.

“We’ve been trying to play him on those better type of players.

“So, we’ve been happy with his progress thus far.  He’s got a little bit of work to do, but we think he’s been a pretty good positive for us.

“Eventually we’d like to see him through the midfield . . .  But it’s only his second year, and he missed the majority of last year with injury.

“So, it’s going to be a little bit of time, but he’s very classy with the ball, and wins his own ball.”

Full article: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2016-04-20/corey-gaining-ground