Author Topic: Changes for the Carlton game?  (Read 6664 times)

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Changes for the Carlton game?
« Reply #75 on: March 17, 2014, 07:46:39 PM »
Trout saying Vickery could miss 4 weeks???
Was that from broken ribs when the ball bounced off his chest?
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

dwaino

« Reply #76 on: March 17, 2014, 07:46:52 PM »
If Vickery is lame then he should be put down.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #77 on: March 17, 2014, 07:50:24 PM »
If Vickery is lame then he should be put down.
:lol
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

the claw

« Reply #78 on: March 17, 2014, 07:58:16 PM »
Maric mcbean Elton is that not three options
are you seriously expecting the bean pole that mcbean is to hold down a kp.
maric is a ruckman and is not in contention for vickerys spot.
elton is the only viable/realistic kpf in the wings and like mcbean common sense would be to ask if hes ready for the role. not imo. but hey ready or not perhaps hed give more than vickery has.

effectively there is no viable replacement for vickery unless,  we play griffiths in the role,   play hampson as a ruck/for and bring in orren  as the starting ruckman.
atm unless players jump out of their skins with improvement the cupboard is bare. i say again we have numbers but we just dont have the quality or development within those numbers.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #79 on: March 17, 2014, 08:01:46 PM »
Out:
Vickery (if injured)
Hampson (if injured)
Cotchin (if injured)
Petterd
Grigg

In:
Elton
Stephenson
Jackson (if available)
Arnot
Knights

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #80 on: March 17, 2014, 10:50:33 PM »
elton is the only viable/realistic kpf in the wings and like mcbean common sense would be to ask if hes ready for the role. not imo. but hey ready or not perhaps hed give more than vickery has.

effectively there is no viable replacement for vickery unless,  we play griffiths in the role,   play hampson as a ruck/for and bring in orren  as the starting ruckman.
atm unless players jump out of their skins with improvement the cupboard is bare. i say again we have numbers but we just dont have the quality or development within those numbers.

When Maric fit - could play Ivan fwd - beaner 4th tall

Or play jack + griff only two kPp. And a 200cm flanker

Elton would non worse tyrone last dig

If Hampson is going to be in the 21 - Maric must play forward a lot

Sadly it is unrealistic to expect a 25 year old, 200cm, former top ten draft pick kPp to just be waiting in the twos for jack or Tyrone to have a bad game

Offline SCHammo

• Tiger Rookie
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #81 on: March 18, 2014, 09:07:09 AM »
lets hope there not correct with the injuries... To some degree I thought hampson started to get on top in that last qrt and was hitting to our advantage I think he may be ok....
 if we were to make changes id be starting foley on the ground next week we need some pace as clearly it was shown we lacked it on the weekend....
knights in not sure we get pace from him??? I have a feeling he may bring king in as much as I feel he may struggle this year we certainly lacked some crummers in the forward line on the weekend...
its just a pitty miles wasn't upgraded he would have been handy I reckon...
PAttard may struggle he was very slow.

Walker looks to except the one week which is good for us....

the claw

« Reply #82 on: March 18, 2014, 08:51:02 PM »

1/ When Maric fit - could play Ivan fwd - beaner 4th tall. when ivans fit he is by a country mile the best ruckman we have. he will play predominately in the ruck and rightly so wit

2/ Or play jack + griff only two kPp. And a 200cm flanker

3/ Elton would non worse tyrone last dig

4/ If Hampson is going to be in the 21 - Maric must play forward a lot

5/ Sadly it is unrealistic to expect a 25 year old, 200cm, former top ten draft pick kPp to just be waiting in the twos for jack or Tyrone to have a bad game
1/ when ivan is fit he will play ruck. no if or buts about it. when fit hes a country mile in front of any other ruckman we have.
2/ so you play griff and jack as permanent kpfs and mcbean as a flanker  which one goes into the ruck to help ivan or until ivan is fit hampson. so in a way you agree mcbean is not ready to play kpf but are willing to leave us with only one kpf throughout games.
you do realise the whole idea of getting hampson was to address this very issue allowing vickery to play permanently forward so we dont lose structure.
3/ your right elton would be no worse than vickery my granny would be no worse. that doesnt mean hes capable of holding down chf for us.
4/ mate hampson will be in the 21 with or without maric there. hampson will spend significant time forward  when ivan is fit not the other way around. these are  the reasons we got him 1/ not to lose too much in the ruck  when ivan has a rest. 2/ to allow vickery or another tall to play permanently forward to maintain structure throughout a game with jack. these are  the reason why we got hampson.
5/ i have to ask who the hell are you talking about, we dont have a 25yo former top 10 draft pick kpp on the list waiting in the wings for injury. we dont have one kpp who looks remotely like being able to force riewoldt or vickery out as bad as they have been at times yet alone a ready to go 25yr old. ffs lets get him in the team quick smart.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #83 on: March 19, 2014, 01:01:26 PM »
How many mins or game perecentage will ivan play forward when fit and Hampson in the 21 ?

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #84 on: March 19, 2014, 04:28:58 PM »
King, A Edwards & Knights should come in for McD, Foley & Petterd

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #85 on: March 19, 2014, 07:07:54 PM »
King, A Edwards & Knights should come in for McD, Foley & Petterd

Nit that I disagree with the ins, but they're all fwds and your replacing 2 backs and a mid?
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #86 on: March 19, 2014, 07:30:04 PM »
Can anyone confirm Cotchins injury?
Go Tigers!

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #87 on: March 19, 2014, 08:06:24 PM »

Not on the injury list pope....... :-\

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #88 on: March 19, 2014, 09:07:40 PM »

What injury?

The sore calf?
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

the claw

« Reply #89 on: March 19, 2014, 09:42:59 PM »
How many mins or game perecentage will ivan play forward when fit and Hampson in the 21 ?
how the hell do i know.
if i took a guess id say a fit maric would spend 60% ruck. 20% forward 20% bench
hampson would go 40% ruck 40% forwrd 20% bench. it aint hard to do. maintain a decent ruck presence maintain the third tall forward while giving both a decent break thru out.
i ask again you do understand the reasons behind why we got hampson. you do have an understanding of exactly what ivan brings to the table as a ruckman. if you asked me  id say not.