Author Topic: Changes for next week's game against Geelong?  (Read 9833 times)

Offline MADTIGER2010

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Changes for next week's game against Geelong?
« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2011, 06:47:18 PM »
in: post, webberley, morton, graham
out: browne, edwards, jackson, white

To say we play better with Miller is a laugh. Was he the reason our midfield was doing so much better before midseason?  8)
Our midfield is struggling to run out games now. Another good preseason will help that

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2011, 06:49:22 PM »
the comment was our forward line functioned better with him. there was no mention of the overall team or the midfield.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline MADTIGER2010

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #47 on: July 17, 2011, 06:59:37 PM »
the comment was our forward line functioned better with him. there was no mention of the overall team or the midfield.

The performance of the midfield will determine how the forward line will peform. A dominant midfield will make the forward line fuction greatly

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #48 on: July 17, 2011, 07:03:53 PM »
to a certain point that is true mad one
but a properly functioning forward line will also make the midfielders job easier as when they look up field they actually have options to kick to. I think we had more inside 50's yesterday but couldn't convert that to scoreboard pressure.

Offline MADTIGER2010

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #49 on: July 17, 2011, 07:11:44 PM »
to a certain point that is true mad one
but a properly functioning forward line will also make the midfielders job easier as when they look up field they actually have options to kick to. I think we had more inside 50's yesterday but couldn't convert that to scoreboard pressure.

Griffiths has only played 2 games this year. Gotta let him, Vickery and Reiwoldt work a system out. Think we have an exciting tall trio of forwards to work with. Similar with Rance, Post and Grimes down back. I also rate Mcguane too. Unfairly treated amongst our supporters. Astbury is another keeper. Think we have 8 pretty good Key talls to work with there. Now we need to give up some picks for 2 promising ruckman. Clarke(freo) and Hampson(carl) would be worth giving away 1 pick each between the 2nd and 4th round. They would make a huge difference to our side. We keep our first pick and get another quality ready made 18 year old midfielder. These 3 additions would make our midfield very potent

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #50 on: July 17, 2011, 07:19:07 PM »
agree with you there mt (except perhaps mcguane), which i why i earlier said that miller should only come in to rest one of those three forwards. Miller did give us good structure, but these kids are the future and they need time together.

Offline MADTIGER2010

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #51 on: July 17, 2011, 07:22:54 PM »
agree with you there mt (except perhaps mcguane), which i why i earlier said that miller should only come in to rest one of those three forwards. Miller did give us good structure, but these kids are the future and they need time together.

Mcguane does a good job on his opponent every week. His kicking is exceptional compared to Edwards  8)

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #52 on: July 17, 2011, 07:25:14 PM »
well why does Dimma keep dropping Post then ??? :banghead

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #53 on: July 17, 2011, 07:28:39 PM »

Mcguane does a good job on his opponent every week. His kicking is exceptional compared to Edwards  8)
yeah but so's mine.  ;D

Offline MADTIGER2010

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #54 on: July 17, 2011, 07:33:20 PM »

yeah but so's mine.  ;D

Mcguane should bang it long every time. Has a nice kick usually. Can get nervous with short kicks sometimes lol. He can panic under pressure and try and give the ball off with the handball. Yesterday he took the opposition on and ran a bit. Played well

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #55 on: July 17, 2011, 07:34:32 PM »
stuff me sideways. McGuane is getting the ass at years end as well mate.

shoosh up

Offline MADTIGER2010

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #56 on: July 17, 2011, 07:41:09 PM »
eff me sideways. McGuane is getting the ass at years end as well mate.

shoosh up

Bet you 1 million he doesn't  ;D

We have about 8 defenders who are 190cm +.
2 will have to go through delistings or trades. The club need to move on 2 of Gourdis, Thursfield and Moore. All 3 are handy but they will be keeping Rance, Grimes, Post, Astbury and Mcguane out of the side. Mcguane has been our full back for 2-3 years now. Does a pretty good job

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #57 on: July 17, 2011, 07:42:17 PM »
His contract full of $ is the only that could possibly save him. Off load him for KFC

why do u talk like mcguane is a kid  :banghead he's an average at best 25 year old

Offline MADTIGER2010

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #58 on: July 17, 2011, 07:46:32 PM »
His contract full of $ is the only that could possibly save him. Off load him for KFC

why do u talk like mcguane is a kid  :banghead he's an average at best 25 year old

He's 24 and our best 1 on 1 defender. Still time for him to become a more composed player.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #59 on: July 17, 2011, 07:48:02 PM »

yeah but so's mine.  ;D

Mcguane should bang it long every time. Has a nice kick usually. Can get nervous with short kicks sometimes lol. He can panic under pressure and try and give the ball off with the handball. Yesterday he took the opposition on and ran a bit. Played well

yeah his a real find that Mcguane. Its comments like this that actually make us more of a basket case.

Players have a descent half or 3 quarters and all of a sudden they have a nice kick. I remember a few weeks ago edwards had a crack and then on here some labelled him the next Andrew Mcleod

Mcguane is not our worst player but he is still useless. Better than Thursfield but still wouldnt get a game at most other clubs
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.