Author Topic: Malthouse still feels more like a Tiger than a Magpie or Eagle (West Australian)  (Read 1501 times)

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
Make him an offer right now and see if he actually means it.

The players seem to like Hardwick so I reckon we gotta stick with him for next year no matter who's available.  He's selling his message to the fans and media really well. Better than Wallace even !
 Thing is though ,  if we're in this same position at the same time next year the message will be wearing real thin and if Mick's sitting in an office somewhere in the Lexus centre and Roos is still coaching 8 year olds then ?

Yeah agree, Blackie but hasn't been his best month.

The problem with the goals they announced as I said at the time on another forum is that it means if we missed the finals in the first two years of the five then we have to make the finals 3 years straight, starting next year.

How do you think the pressure and speculation will go next year if we are battling to make the 8 half way through the year?

Potentially could make things very tough.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline Oiafi

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Against logic there is no armour like ignorance.
Brisbane, Geelong, St Kilda, Collingwood, Carlton, Hawthorn ... they have all gone through periods like this. Periods where consensus was they had a good young list but were desperately inconsistent and put up some horrible performances.

Many of the coaches have drawn angst from supporters with question marks over their ability to take the team that final step.

The thing these clubs have in common is they stuck to their guns and provided stability.

The exception here is St Kilda and they never quite made it to the final prize and now look like they won't.

Carlton are on their way but it's too early to judge the final outcome.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
IF he could handle a senior role working with RockCock I would be over the moon, his tactical / strategic nouse would be invaluable.  RockCock looks like a guru team builder, between the two of them we would have team winner.  This is all hookah smoke but hey you never know... 
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
One thing is for sure, he isn't gonna be at Collingwood next year.

Watched them train today and the body language between he and Buckley was telling.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Mick is probably just doing a Sheeds and using the threat of leaving to get the position he wants at Collingwood. If Richmond is still considered "home" then why hasn't he come back since he finished playing 28 years ago?!
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
We've been a effing rabble and we have had great coaches like Wallet and Wallsy anyway