Author Topic: A-League thread  (Read 245003 times)

10 FLAGS

Re: A-League thread
« Reply #705 on: March 01, 2012, 05:48:19 PM »
Just seen the press conference. Clive just dropped some massive bombs on the FFA and the A League. Cant see the A League surviving. Clive has done the biggest most positive thing in Australian Soccer History. We need to get rid of Lowy and the others who have wrecked the game with their policies over the last 8 years. Its time for a Royal Commission. ;D

gerkin greg

« Reply #706 on: March 01, 2012, 07:18:53 PM »
 :ROTFL

jewcy!

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #707 on: March 01, 2012, 07:35:29 PM »
Just seen the press conference. Clive just dropped some massive bombs on the FFA and the A League. Cant see the A League surviving. Clive has done the biggest most positive thing in Australian Soccer History. We need to get rid of Lowy and the others who have wrecked the game with their policies over the last 8 years. Its time for a Royal Commission. ;D

Lawl, i agree not everything is perfect about the A League (many would argue alot is not perfect and fair enough) but Clive has MAJOR credibility issues which will prevent him obtaining any power over the game. Nobody will listen to him. The guys motives are purely self focused, and this whole 'football Australia' admin body is a smokescreen to settle personal scores to the extent that he is prepared to (if he could) run the game into the ground.

The guy can't even run a minnow club let alone a competition or an overseeing sports administrative body.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #708 on: March 01, 2012, 08:38:54 PM »

He said alot without actually saying anything

Perhaps that's because when he started saying the most important people to the game are the fans everyone stopped listening because they were too busy laughing

He has about much credibility as Yumi Stynes
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #709 on: March 03, 2012, 06:56:05 PM »
FIFA will only recognise one association in each country and in Australia that's the FFA so Palmer hasn't got a lead to stand on. Any player who dared join him if he started up a rebel competition would be banned from international Soccer and from playing overseas. Palmer wanting an injunction on the GCU licence ban has been nobbled as well. The sooner he is kicked out of the sport altogether the better.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

10 FLAGS

« Reply #710 on: March 08, 2012, 09:15:35 AM »
FIFA will only recognise one association in each country and in Australia that's the FFA so Palmer hasn't got a lead to stand on. Any player who dared join him if he started up a rebel competition would be banned from international Soccer and from playing overseas. Palmer wanting an injunction on the GCU licence ban has been nobbled as well. The sooner he is kicked out of the sport altogether the better.

I love it when people like you bring up fifa and then stick the boots into South Melbourne. If it wasnt for South Melbourne and its 1st President Theo Marmaras Australia would never have been allowed back into FIFA. It was Marmaras and South who got Australia back into FIFA after Australia had been suspended and then the racists spat on us. I hope Clive hasnt finished with your league or FFA. I hope he sticks it right up those bastards.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #711 on: March 08, 2012, 10:59:00 PM »

I love it when people like you bring up fifa and then stick the boots into South Melbourne. If it wasnt for South Melbourne and its 1st President Theo Marmaras Australia would never have been allowed back into FIFA. It was Marmaras and South who got Australia back into FIFA after Australia had been suspended and then the racists spat on us. I hope Clive hasnt finished with your league or FFA. I hope he sticks it right up those bastards.
Whatever happened 50 years ago isn't the FFA or A-league's fault Ramps. The fact is the NSL and Soccer Australia went broke in the 90s/early 00s and that's why a new admin and league was needed.

From what I've heard the FFA is planning to go further with the re-organisation of each of the state leagues into a 12 regional representative team comps. 8 metro and 4 country. So say in the western suburbs Green Gully (St Albans) and Melb. Knights (Sunshine) will have to vy for who is the western suburbs team or merge. Add to this the six state champions will then join the 10 A-league clubs in a 16-club FFA Cup knockout tournament.

10 FLAGS

« Reply #712 on: March 09, 2012, 11:49:48 AM »

Whatever happened 50 years ago isn't the FFA or A-league's fault Ramps. The fact is the NSL and Soccer Australia went broke in the 90s/early 00s and that's why a new admin and league was needed.

From what I've heard the FFA is planning to go further with the re-organisation of each of the state leagues into a 12 regional representative team comps. 8 metro and 4 country. So say in the western suburbs Green Gully (St Albans) and Melb. Knights (Sunshine) will have to vy for who is the western suburbs team or merge. Add to this the six state champions will then join the 10 A-league clubs in a 16-club FFA Cup knockout tournament.

FFA should spend more time trying to find some sponsors or sucking up to the feds for more grants. They couldnt organise a root in a brothel at the FFA. The FFA is a dead set Money Pit. Vote 1 Palmer! ;D

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #713 on: March 13, 2012, 07:19:05 PM »
Canberra team might be the new one in 2012

Canberra could have a team in an expanded A-League competition as soon as next season, Football Federation Australia chairman Frank Lowy has revealed.

In an exclusive interview with Fox Sports FC, Lowy said that Canberra's bid met a lot of the requirements for an A-League licence and FFA would look to get the club operating in time for the start of the 2012-2013 season.

Lowy also revealed that he still held out some hope for Gold Coast United to continue playing in the national league after meetings were held with potential investors last week.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/fox-sports-fc/frank-lowy-tells-fox-sports-fc-he-wants-canberra-team-in-expanded-a-league-competition-next-season/story-fn5232iz-1226298414031

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #714 on: March 14, 2012, 12:30:52 AM »
Canberra team might be the new one in 2012

Canberra could have a team in an expanded A-League competition as soon as next season, Football Federation Australia chairman Frank Lowy has revealed.

In an exclusive interview with Fox Sports FC, Lowy said that Canberra's bid met a lot of the requirements for an A-League licence and FFA would look to get the club operating in time for the start of the 2012-2013 season.

Lowy also revealed that he still held out some hope for Gold Coast United to continue playing in the national league after meetings were held with potential investors last week.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/fox-sports-fc/frank-lowy-tells-fox-sports-fc-he-wants-canberra-team-in-expanded-a-league-competition-next-season/story-fn5232iz-1226298414031

I can't see it happening and even if the FFA did go down that path it would be a massive risk. Two soccer clubs in Canberra (City and Cosmos) didn't last long in the old NSL due to lack of financial backing and poor crowds.

10 FLAGS

« Reply #715 on: March 14, 2012, 03:42:09 PM »
Id love to see Canberra come in. Itll be another FFA failure. Canberra cant sustain a soccer team. The raiders take most of the support, the GWS will get some and the rugby union outfit means that any A League Canberra side wont succeed. Looks like the FFA is looking for another sucker with $5 million+ to lose lol.

gerkin greg

« Reply #716 on: March 14, 2012, 03:48:41 PM »
they cant even get Sydney FC right  :lol

effing joke of a governing body, David Gallop and the Neckless Horsemen at the NRL do a better job

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #717 on: March 21, 2012, 04:12:54 PM »
Olympiacos are coming down to Melbourne to play Victory at Etihad Stadium on May 19 at 7.30pm

http://au.fourfourtwo.com/news/234995,greek-giants-olympiacos-to-play-victory.aspx

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #718 on: March 22, 2012, 08:32:26 PM »
Olympiacos are coming down to Melbourne to play Victory at Etihad Stadium on May 19 at 7.30pm

http://au.fourfourtwo.com/news/234995,greek-giants-olympiacos-to-play-victory.aspx

Would love to go and see the Greek Champions annihilate that poorly organised side but alas it is scheduled on the same night as Dreamtime at the G.

Would have been better to schedule the Heart to play them since both clubs have the same jerseys.

gerkin greg

« Reply #719 on: March 23, 2012, 12:35:10 PM »

Would love to go and see the Greek Champions annihilate that poorly organised side but alas it is scheduled on the same night as Dreamtime at the G.

Would have been better to schedule the Heart to play them since both clubs have the same jerseys.

and Heart are better than the Victory LMAO