Author Topic: A-League thread  (Read 243216 times)

Ramps

Re: A-League thread
« Reply #195 on: September 16, 2008, 04:38:39 PM »
Down to 10 men for an hour and Melbourne still win :thumbsup. Ramps will be happy lol.

Victory   1  (Muscat 62')
Adelaide 0

Didnt know you guys had played lol. By the way I noted some highlights on the news of some of the games. Crowds seem to going down. Lots of spaces in the grandstands all over the place. It wouldnt be because the standard is rubbish and people have woken up to it?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #196 on: September 16, 2008, 11:02:10 PM »
Down to 10 men for an hour and Melbourne still win :thumbsup. Ramps will be happy lol.

Victory   1  (Muscat 62')
Adelaide 0

Didnt know you guys had played lol. By the way I noted some highlights on the news of some of the games. Crowds seem to going down. Lots of spaces in the grandstands all over the place. It wouldnt be because the standard is rubbish and people have woken up to it?
24k to the Adelaide game which isn't bad for this time of year and directly up against the Swans vs Dogs at the 'G which only got 42k. Once the footy is over in 2 weeks the soccer crowds will pick up.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #197 on: September 17, 2008, 09:53:27 PM »
Fabiano banned for nine matches
September 17, 2008 - 9:19PM

Melbourne Victory striker Ney Fabiano has been banned for nine matches after being found guilty of spitting at Adelaide United's Robert Cornthwaite during Friday's A-League match at Telstra Dome.

Fabiano fronted the competition's independent disciplinary committee and was shown no leniency.

The committee, comprising John Marshall, Danny Moulis and Milan Blagojevic, found the offence was established and imposed a sanction of eight matches above and beyond the mandatory one match suspension.

The match review panel had dismissed an appeal by Melbourne on the weekend before referring the matter to the tribunal.

The Victory had claimed unsuccessfully that the red card given to Fabiano was an error in application.

Two weeks ago, Perth defender Dino Djulbic was banned for five weeks for spitting in the direction of a match official.

http://news.theage.com.au/sport/fabiano-banned-for-nine-matches-20080917-4int.html

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #198 on: September 18, 2008, 06:29:29 PM »
we have no room in this game for those spiteful dirty south americans.

they can all go get stuffed if they want to play soccer like that.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Ramps

« Reply #199 on: September 19, 2008, 10:08:54 AM »
Good to see that good ol Victory culture coming out in Mr Fabiano. Spitting is a disgraceful thing to do on a sporting field aiming it at someone...should have copped the season.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #200 on: September 19, 2008, 05:46:48 PM »
Yep retaliation doesn't excuse spitting  :-X. Victory are still going to appeal though.

http://news.smh.com.au/sport/victory-vows-to-free-fabiano-20080919-4jvp.html

I'd doubt referee Breeze will get another Victory game though. Has no idea. Not the first time he's ignored deliberate scragging tactics and allowed games to get out of control. The same thing happened in Victory's championship year when he sent off a Victory player (Brebner IIRC) for swinging his arm back to break the scragging of his guernsey  ::).

Ramps

« Reply #201 on: September 19, 2008, 06:00:15 PM »
We wouldnt put up with that poo at Richmond. Victory should sack him and send him home.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #202 on: September 20, 2008, 01:07:40 PM »
Dirty stuffin south americans.

They won a world cup through cheating and god knows how many of them are drug cheats

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #203 on: September 20, 2008, 10:32:06 PM »
Another send off tonight  :P. This time Theo. Archie saved a point away with seconds to go though.

Central Coast Mariners 2 (Simon 12, 84)
Melbourne Victory 2 (Thompson 16, 94)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #204 on: September 28, 2008, 08:24:29 PM »
A loss tonight for the Victory at the Dome.

Melbourne Victory   0
Queensland Roar    2

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #205 on: September 29, 2008, 05:37:25 PM »
Hard to win when players keep getting themselves sent off in 3 straights games  :scream.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #206 on: October 01, 2008, 04:05:14 PM »
The Melbourne Victory gravy train will soon be over. Melbourne will have a new club. Its down to 2 bids people, Melbourne Hearts which is a Sidwell,MacManus,Greek Businessmen bid - Unofficial SMFC bid, and Southern Cross FC which is the official SMFC bid. Either way Victory are rooted, The South will rise again, and when you all start getting your pants pulled down at Telstra Dome you will have finally understood the might, the power and the glory that is the greatest soccer club in Australian history, South Melbourne.
Ramps, Melbourne Heart has won the second Melbourne licence. Mostly likely at the moment they won't keep the Heart name. The club will be called Melbourne Utd or a name to completely differentiate itself from Melbourne Victory like Victoria something. They are hoping for an average crowd of 8,000 lol in their first year. There may also be a new stadium season ticket which will give the chardy theatregoers the option of watching both clubs at home games to help attract with attendance numbers.

Ramps

« Reply #207 on: October 01, 2008, 05:05:46 PM »
Considering what Southern Cross put forward in the bid, I think it was a poor decision, nevertheless an ex South Melbourne President is one of the top 3 shareholders in Hearts so thats ok from our end, Personally I cant see them getting a crowd, South supporters wont support Hearts as it stands.

I know that my sporting concerns at the national level will revolve around Richmond. I think Hearts will be stuffed, the bogans who live where the Hearts want to be based dont have enough financial clout to make it profitable- but thats not my concern, Im not putting any dough in ... so who cares.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #208 on: October 01, 2008, 05:19:58 PM »
Considering what Southern Cross put forward in the bid, I think it was a poor decision, nevertheless an ex South Melbourne President is one of the top 3 shareholders in Hearts so thats ok from our end, Personally I cant see them getting a crowd, South supporters wont support Hearts as it stands.

I know that my sporting concerns at the national level will revolve around Richmond. I think Hearts will be stuffed, the bogans who live where the Hearts want to be based dont have enough financial clout to make it profitable- but thats not my concern, Im not putting any dough in ... so who cares.
If the FFA thought Southern Cross had too close a connection with South Melbourne that could have been enough to swing them towards Melbourne Heart. The FFA are heavily against any ethnic based club being in the A-league.

The other licence I think goes to NSW. Either Western Sydney or Woollogong. So that makes it 4 NSW teams in a 12 team comp.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #209 on: October 04, 2008, 07:26:54 PM »
It helps when you finish the game with all 11 on the field lol

Victory  4     - Brebner 25, Allsopp 40, 71, Vargas 46
Perth     0

:thumbsup