Author Topic: A-League thread  (Read 243235 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: A-League thread
« Reply #540 on: February 19, 2011, 04:54:08 AM »
who do hellas play this week?  Bundoora Repats?

What, up from div 9 to div 8?
:lol :rollin

I'm not going to defend the few testosterone-filled teenage idiots in the North Terrace who light flares as that's where the element is. This issue of claim and counter-claim has been brewing for a few years now between the North Terrace, Hatamoto (the security hire firm) and the Vic Police. As for myself, I sit on the wing and never had any probs.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Fruity Morgan

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #541 on: February 19, 2011, 09:43:28 AM »
my hackles are raised everytime i hear the word 'terrace' and also 'soccer culture'

the game is imported and i really like it.  i am a MV member and i support them always, but some of the poo that comes out of the supporters' mouths is nonsense.

10 FLAGS

« Reply #542 on: February 19, 2011, 02:26:22 PM »
my hackles are raised everytime i hear the word 'terrace' and also 'soccer culture'

the game is imported and i really like it.  i am a MV member and i support them always, but some of the poo that comes out of the supporters' mouths is nonsense.

Its beyond me why you and others like MT want to be part of this riff raff. Its just appalling what they do there in the North Terrace and Southern end. Just diabolical. They got the first installment yesterday from the opponents of soccer in Australia. Believe me, theres more to come, they will go after you the same way they came after South.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #543 on: February 19, 2011, 02:48:05 PM »
People could make an agruement that violence at soccer has been around since day dot...

I don't follow the game, actually have very little interest in at all but it is near impossible not to remember the same problems existed before the introduction of the A-League.

It was splashed across all the news papers and lets be honest it the only time it made it to the nightly news was when there was violence at games
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 09:14:15 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Fruity Morgan

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #544 on: February 19, 2011, 08:48:22 PM »
tengags, south were a terrible club with a terrible culture.  the reason we have an a-league now is because the NSL was a disgrace with its ethnic based clubs and all the violence, racism and trouble that caused.

unfortunately u are living in the past and cant see beyond the broken down grandstand at bob jane oval.

move on buddy

10 FLAGS

« Reply #545 on: February 19, 2011, 09:24:06 PM »
tengags, south were a terrible club with a terrible culture.  the reason we have an a-league now is because the NSL was a disgrace with its ethnic based clubs and all the violence, racism and trouble that caused.

unfortunately u are living in the past and cant see beyond the broken down grandstand at bob jane oval.

move on buddy

If Richmond was relegated to the VFL would  you barrack for another AFL club?

Its simply called Loyalty Fruity thats all mate!

For me its Richmond and South Melbourne. Thats where it starts and ends. Thats it! Rather than be disloyal Id rather stay in the trenches and fight for the clubs I supported from the age of 3. Thats it in a nutshell really.  :gotigers

10 FLAGS

« Reply #546 on: February 20, 2011, 12:11:49 PM »

move on buddy

terrible club with terrible culture = 4 National Australian Championships, 2 Australian Cups, 8 State League Championships (when there was no national competition), Oceania Club Champion on 1 occassion and FIFA's Team of the Century. That doesnt include the multitude of state cups won along the way and it doesnt include having players like Malcolm McDonald who came from Arsenal at 28 years of Age to play for us or Ferenc Puskas who came and coached us for 3 years - So if that makes us a terrible club, then Id hate to think what that makes every team in the current A League. Jealousy my friends is a curse. When you clowns at the Victory develop a record like that then come and spout of in the meantime, we will continue to celebrate the fact that even though your Anglo Saxon league (which was afraid of clubs like South and Marconi) disgracefully relegated us through immoral means 6 years ago, we are still the most successful club in Australian Soccer History.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #547 on: February 20, 2011, 01:05:07 PM »
you sound like a port adelaide supporter ramps  :P
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

10 FLAGS

« Reply #548 on: February 20, 2011, 02:48:01 PM »

Port Adelaide were never in the national comp. When they came in as Port Power theyve won 1 flag. Thats it. Port have nothing on South as a club in sport. South won National Comps. Theres a big difference.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #549 on: February 20, 2011, 09:10:31 PM »
The Flagman will be very happy this evening with the Victory losing 1-0 to whoever they were playing ...Gold Coast wasn't it ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

10 FLAGS

« Reply #550 on: February 20, 2011, 10:35:52 PM »
Did you guys lose. I wasnt aware that you were playing and of your disappointment. Maybe next time lads  ;D :lol

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #551 on: February 21, 2011, 02:55:52 AM »
Last night summed up our season with another soft goal conceded from a set piece. Victory needed a tall centre-back all season and will have to find one before the ACL starts in March. Anyway Brisbane will win do the double anyhow.

Port Adelaide were never in the national comp. When they came in as Port Power theyve won 1 flag. Thats it. Port have nothing on South as a club in sport. South won National Comps. Theres a big difference.
Port has been "Champions of Australia" 4 times not including their one AFL premiership.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Port_Adelaide_Football_Club#Club_achievements

Richmond is next with 3 out of curiosity when we won them in the late 60s/early 70s.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #552 on: February 21, 2011, 03:00:42 AM »
Did you guys lose. I wasnt aware that you were playing and of your disappointment. Maybe next time lads  ;D :lol
Well South didn't have to worry about playing finals as they couldn't even make them in the little local league ;D

10 FLAGS

« Reply #553 on: February 21, 2011, 05:08:04 AM »
Well South didn't have to worry about playing finals as they couldn't even make them in the little local league ;D

Only after we were disgracefully robbed 6 points by the FFA led FFV. Just disgraceful - FIFA should chuck out FFA. FFA and their state associates - just a diabolical bunch who are running the game into the ground in Australia.

Offline Fruity Morgan

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #554 on: February 21, 2011, 06:40:55 PM »
Yesterday's loss probably sums up our season.  Some good soccer, but too inconsistent.  Time for a bit of a clean out.  Thank god that bum Muscat is going.  Bloody moron.

As for South they might have done ok in the past but they barely exist these days.  They are too busy trying to find a tram out to Maidstone to play West Footscray Utd.