Author Topic: A-League thread  (Read 243227 times)

tony_montana

Re: A-League thread
« Reply #1020 on: November 20, 2013, 10:39:29 PM »
This is why south melbourne or any old nsl club coming into the a league wouldnt work - too much baggage

I rekn the a league is growing and tracking really well. These TV rights have put a lot more money into the game and it will only get stronger.

Last TV rights deal was worth about 10 mill a season, Foxtel took on a brand new launch of a code with baggage so they had every right to do it for bugger all. FFA had no leg to stand on so couldn't negotiate.  This current one just signed is worth about 40mill a season for the next 4 years. The next one will probably double that and be close to 100mill a season and it will be then that the game will really start to strengthen.
 Ideally what we want is, all bar the best talent to be plying their trade in Australia rather than 2nd div comps in 2nd tier euro leagues. ATM we have about 300+ aussies abroad. Obviously theres a bit of talent there! I bet 200-250 would came back if they knew they could earn as much here as they do over there struggling in the lower leagues of europe.  The top end talent that can play at big clubs and champions league soccer will always go and good on them - if we could keep the majority of the next tier talent here the game would be pretty awesome to watch. If 100mill a season came in from TV rights then paying wages to match average div 1 sides in Greece/Belgium etc would be very possible.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #1021 on: November 20, 2013, 10:44:29 PM »
Judge seems to think, in typically over-emotional leftist fashion, that the A -League is some kind of "anglo/bogan conspiracy" to ethnically cleanse the sport of Soccer in Australia - despite the fact Soccer in Australia is largely run by "wogs" (as he keeps calling them) and the A-League was in large part established by a Slovakian-born Jew.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1022 on: November 20, 2013, 10:53:43 PM »
So Judge, the VPL clubs should sue the wogs who run the A-League & Jewish Frank Lowy for discrimination?

BTW - you do realise that Anglos & Wogs are all White European/Caucasians and not actually two seperate races?

Edit: With the possible exception of Maltese who are believed by some to be at least partially Semitic.

State league clubs should sue whoever responsible for not allowing them promotion to top division on the bases of being wogs. Don't think that reasoning will stand up in court. Natural justice political correctness yadada. Not unlike how fitzory lions should of sued the shyte out of the afl. I'm. Of sure if "too much baggage" is a sufficient legal position

I have an idea of he geography and racial make up of Europe. I am not the one upset at the prospect of them all playing on the same school yard.

There is fights. Flares. Hooligans etc. In the a league now. Between Sydney FC/MVfc/imbreeds How do u explain that? 1000 year old bloodffeud

Perhaps u would like to argue state rivalries inter fan fighting is a good thing - NSW vs Vic but not Croatia vs serbia

What's #1 sport kids play Australia bro ?

Soccer's been the number one kid's sport in Australia for at least 40 years.

Yeah

But unfortunately the domestic league is doing well and growing
We keep making the world cup
Have a realistic chance of being Asians champion s national/club level

RIP Jonny warren
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 11:09:25 PM by Judge Roughneck »

tony_montana

« Reply #1023 on: November 20, 2013, 10:55:30 PM »
The game was continually shooting itself in the head in the bad old days.  Mates and amigos with nfi were given the keys to the kingdom and royally stuffed the game over and over again. This was the only way to bring the game to a mainstream audience. The support for the socceroos always showed there was potential to harness the support from all walks of life under one banner.

I will never forget the Iran game at the G in 1997. Greatest atmosphere I have ever experienced at any sporting event even above the 2nd half of the 95 semi win over the bombres. Back then I was used to the old NSL croats vs greeks vs northern greeks at Heidelberg vs macos at preston etc and recall thinking "wow" as I looked around in the crowd and saw everyone together following the same team rather than sniping at each other. From that moment on I was all for a complete overhaul of the code and fresh start with brand new teams. Start from scratch. I actually did my final piece of work at uni on this very subject - Lowy is probably using it as a blueprint now the prick  :whistle

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1024 on: November 20, 2013, 11:06:30 PM »
Post said thesis

Sound good read

Judge seems to think, in typically over-emotional leftist fashion, that the A -League is some kind of "anglo/bogan conspiracy" to ethnically cleanse the sport of Soccer in Australia - despite the fact Soccer in Australia is largely run by "wogs" (as he keeps calling them) and the A-League was in large part established by a Slovakian-born Jew.

Not really what I'm saying.  Did u miss the part where I alluded a league clubs are strongly tied to ethnic background ie. Perth/pom, Adelaide Italian

Btw I'm a MVfc  fan.

dwaino

« Reply #1025 on: November 23, 2013, 08:41:31 PM »
This ref is a dead set knob head.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1026 on: November 24, 2013, 02:03:31 AM »
Comical minute of play before half time. How Victory were allowed to sub someone on for a guy who'd been red-carded was hilarious.  :lol :lol :lol

gerkin greg

« Reply #1027 on: November 24, 2013, 10:11:27 AM »
Graham Poll? 

dwaino

« Reply #1028 on: November 24, 2013, 10:26:26 AM »
Comical minute of play before half time. How Victory were allowed to sub someone on for a guy who'd been red-carded was hilarious.  :lol :lol :lol

They were trying to sub Troisi for another defender since Leijer got carded. If you were at the ground you would have seen they had the sub board up right away but the ref was too busy trying to police the box and didn't even look over to the bench. That's what the booing was for.

Made up for when Coe saved the charity shot and then going on to score twice undermanned and the "eff off united" chant erupted  :cheers
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 11:22:26 AM by dwaino »

tony_montana

« Reply #1029 on: November 24, 2013, 11:05:42 AM »
Im not a victory supporter but agree that ref is a clown. He is one of those refs/umps who was obviously bullied at school so when he cops some backchat he has it in for the said player and team for the rest of the match. True story, watch him in action, stuffen pauper

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1030 on: November 24, 2013, 10:05:21 PM »
Gutsy win. Coe's game-changing save followed by not one but two goals with just 10 men is unheard of!  :o 
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1031 on: December 01, 2013, 05:36:24 PM »
Heart down 0-2 inside 15 mins again. You would reckon that's curtains for Aloisi.

As for Victory, another frustrating draw despite dominating general play. Very borderline offside call denied us a goal too.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1032 on: December 01, 2013, 05:57:48 PM »
Heart down 0-2 inside 15 mins again. You would reckon that's curtains for Aloisi.

As for Victory, another frustrating draw despite dominating general play. Very borderline offside call denied us a goal too.
What was borderline about it? He was onside.  :banghead

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1033 on: December 01, 2013, 05:58:40 PM »
If Heart were any good they'd have slammed home 5 by half time. Creating amazing chances, dominating play, can't score and up the other end have let Adelaide kick 2 of the softest goals from practically 2 chances.  :lol

tony_montana

« Reply #1034 on: December 04, 2013, 06:46:03 PM »
If Heart were any good they'd have slammed home 5 by half time. Creating amazing chances, dominating play, can't score and up the other end have let Adelaide kick 2 of the softest goals from practically 2 chances.  :lol

Mifsud  :banghead