Author Topic: A-League thread  (Read 243225 times)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
Re: A-League thread
« Reply #1440 on: October 25, 2014, 09:02:33 PM »

dwaino

« Reply #1441 on: October 25, 2014, 10:04:51 PM »
Melbourne 5hitty is what happens after you Melbourne Fart  :cheers

dwaino

« Reply #1442 on: October 25, 2014, 11:36:32 PM »
Villa didn't even walk over to the fans after the game with the rest of his team. Just went straight to the rooms. Pee poor effort. Just getting his pay cheque before buggering off.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1443 on: October 26, 2014, 05:48:39 AM »
"These are a beautiful set of numbers"

;D  :thumbsup

On a serious note, we again gave away schoolboy error goals which is still frustrating (what were you thinking Coe? :help) but the scoring firepower of Victory is incredible now. Berisha, of course, loves performing at his best on the big stage  :bow.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

tony_montana

« Reply #1444 on: October 26, 2014, 10:06:50 AM »
Besart Berisha > David villa

:lol you idiot

Orly

really.. In all seriousness, Berisha is a gun by a league standards, and he was awesome in the 2nd half and set you blokes alight early. It was the Villa show first half - was making Victory look stupid with his first touch and explosive speed off the mark

anyhow well played, thumped us 2nd half - flattering scoreline though, we were all over you in the 1st half but that's football. Berisha, Barba, Finkler and Del Pierre should lead you to a title.

tony_montana

« Reply #1445 on: October 26, 2014, 10:07:09 AM »
Villa didn't even walk over to the fans after the game with the rest of his team. Just went straight to the rooms. Pee poor effort. Just getting his pay cheque before buggering off.

Yeah that was pee poor

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1446 on: October 26, 2014, 10:27:34 AM »
Was there any heart fans left when the game was over for Dave to visit?

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1447 on: October 26, 2014, 11:21:50 AM »
Momentum is building for soccer in this country

The more the AFL keeps tinkering the more young kids will turn to soccer.

Fans are losing the passion for afl because of the way it's run

A World Cup in Australia will see a bigger slice of the pie taking away from gil and his fellow executives

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1448 on: October 26, 2014, 11:31:19 AM »
Inevitable

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1449 on: October 26, 2014, 11:39:40 AM »
Yep

The AFL have done it to themselves

Victory selling shares to the public is a great idea . Make people feel more at home with the club. All this while the AFL keep treating the fans like a peace of garbage

dwaino

« Reply #1450 on: October 26, 2014, 11:50:00 AM »
The codes are on at different times of year, bit hard for A League to take over when it is on in the summer. If anything it gives us something else besides cricket when the AFL and NRL ends (depending on your state). I have gone to nearly every Victory game in Melbourne from last season and I find myself talking to a lot of people similiar to me at games who don't have in interest in overseas roundball but getting right into A League. Then we start talking about footy.

tony_montana

« Reply #1451 on: October 26, 2014, 11:53:12 AM »

Soccer TV audiences have more than doubled the past few years for A league - next TV rights that foxtel pay will be huge (think its at abot 40odd mill per season atm). Once that rises, then clubs get a bigger slice of the pie which = bigger salary cap which = better players, which = more fans wanting to watch a better product which = an even bigger TV rights after that and so on and so forth. Soccer finally got its poo together and is starting to grow at the top level.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1452 on: October 26, 2014, 11:59:12 AM »
Dwaino im finding the exact opposite to be honest. I don't know many people who love a league and not international soccer.

Love to know how many kids are taking up soccer vrs footy. Add in a World Cup in this country then it becomes more interesting.

Afl has turned to poo let's be honest.  If I had a son the last sport I would want him playing is AFL the way it's run today. I barely last a full game and that's when we are winning.

tony_montana

« Reply #1453 on: October 26, 2014, 12:00:21 PM »
Dwaino im finding the exact opposite to be honest. I don't know many people who love a league and not international soccer.

Love to know how many kids are taking up soccer vrs footy. Add in a World Cup in this country then it becomes more interesting.

Afl has turned to poo let's be honest.  If I had a son the last sport I would want him playing is AFL the way it's run today. I barely last a full game and that's when we are winning.

Soccer has been slaughtering footy at grassroots levels for a few years now Angus IIRC

dwaino

« Reply #1454 on: October 26, 2014, 12:02:24 PM »

Soccer TV audiences have more than doubled the past few years for A league - next TV rights that foxtel pay will be huge (think its at abot 40odd mill per season atm). Once that rises, then clubs get a bigger slice of the pie which = bigger salary cap which = better players, which = more fans wanting to watch a better product which = an even bigger TV rights after that and so on and so forth. Soccer finally got its poo together and is starting to grow at the top level.

Exactly what I've been saying for a little while now TM  :cheers next TV rights and the A League has a little more to spend and the top clubs being on par with 2nd div Euro teams we might be able to start holding some more homegrown players too. The more stars that come out for lifestyle over wanting to be a rockstar getting hassled every time they go down the street the better. Clearly appealed to someone like ADP but not Villa.