Author Topic: A-League thread  (Read 243252 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: A-League thread
« Reply #1545 on: January 04, 2015, 09:28:12 PM »
Barba was deadly early on playing real wide as a more classic winger but it's like he has been playing as an extra striker going real narrow but his finishing sucks. Don't like what seems to be an instruction to play as deep into the box instead of just taking a chance and shooting rather than these low percentage passes that keep getting turned over. Seems like we just keep playing one or two passes too many.

As for defending,  definitely poor. But currently missing Del Pierre, Georgevski, and Milligan out of defence and Galloway has only just come back. Have been playing a second string back half for a while now. Plenty of upside once the full squad is back and the others pull their finger out.
Yep and conversely Berisha who should be played upfront is often forced to gather the ball too much deep in midfield. Not knocking his game though as he was one of our best on Friday night. We were just out of sync as a team and made dumb mistakes  :scream which gets to your second point that our second string back half seems to be affecting the ball movement and rhythm of the whole side at the minute.

At least City got done  ;D.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

dwaino

« Reply #1546 on: January 04, 2015, 09:35:30 PM »
Either decision making or coaching instructions were terrible on Friday. If there was one game Barba shouldn't be playing narrow it was against Perth. They got back and clogged the area in front of the box and he was still trying to be Messi and dribbling in there. Should have gone back to his earlier role and just stayed wide and peppering in the crosses. Berisha would have knocked one in sooner or later.

We've got absolutely no drive from the back. That's where Georgevski has been so crucial to set up play from defense. Geria is useless. He can't attack and he is always caught in no man's land by his opponent. I hate it but I can understand him getting a game with both Galloway and Georgevski out, but now Galloway is back I'd rather blood Murnane than see Geria suit up to play ever again. Leijer can't go a week without getting carded for the stupidest things and I don't know who is going to come in for him now. Poor form on his behalf considering the holes already in defense. I take it Valeri (who is under done anyway) will have to drop back to CB and someone else will have to fill in CDM? That's two gaps to filled in the middle now with no Milligan either.

As for Heart, don't worry about them. They'll fire up next derby  :shh

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1547 on: January 06, 2015, 01:34:55 PM »
Either decision making or coaching instructions were terrible on Friday. If there was one game Barba shouldn't be playing narrow it was against Perth. They got back and clogged the area in front of the box and he was still trying to be Messi and dribbling in there. Should have gone back to his earlier role and just stayed wide and peppering in the crosses. Berisha would have knocked one in sooner or later.

We've got absolutely no drive from the back. That's where Georgevski has been so crucial to set up play from defense. Geria is useless. He can't attack and he is always caught in no man's land by his opponent. I hate it but I can understand him getting a game with both Galloway and Georgevski out, but now Galloway is back I'd rather blood Murnane than see Geria suit up to play ever again. Leijer can't go a week without getting carded for the stupidest things and I don't know who is going to come in for him now. Poor form on his behalf considering the holes already in defense. I take it Valeri (who is under done anyway) will have to drop back to CB and someone else will have to fill in CDM? That's two gaps to filled in the middle now with no Milligan either.

As for Heart, don't worry about them. They'll fire up next derby  :shh
Yep their Grand Final each year is playing us  :lol.

I agree that Geria's game awareness and tactical understanding is ordinary. That's why he gets himself in lost in no-man's land as you say. I think father-time is creeping up on Leijer. It wouldn't surprise me if he retired at the end of the season.

No Archie either it seems as he's feeling sore. So our squad depth is going to be tested big time even against the winless Wanderers. In hindsight, Archie should have been rested against Perth. At his age his body needs to be managed carefully. At least missing the Perth game, he would've had a decent break between games which would've have enabled him to play against WSW feeling fresh and fully recovered. He couldn't get into the game on Friday night so it was just a waste him playing against Perth.

dwaino

« Reply #1548 on: January 06, 2015, 01:49:47 PM »
I think Archie had to play with no Khalfallah. It really has been a test of depth lately. Perth can enjoy the top spot but they have peaked. We've got plenty of upside when/if we can get the players back on the field.

tony_montana

« Reply #1549 on: January 06, 2015, 10:21:51 PM »
Victory and Adelaide are the 2 best sides in the comp for mine and should play off in the GF - Perth are having a golden and blessed run. Solid unit, tough to break down but everythings going right for them. Wellington the darkhorse. Burns is tearing it up but they also have other avenues to goal.

tony_montana

« Reply #1550 on: January 06, 2015, 10:36:23 PM »
Just getting in early before Burnsy lights up the Asian Cup  8)

Burns is a super talent, stuffed up bigtime going to Greece (Aek)

he handed victory their arse on a platter and he aint even fit.

gun talent but never fulfilled it bc of bad career move. Not many aussies with better skills

Is more an attacking mid rather than striker so goal scoring isn't the only thing he should be measured on. Skill, vision he is class

and JR I know you're out there watching - I decided not to quote you  :shh

dwaino

« Reply #1551 on: January 07, 2015, 03:50:19 AM »
It's not official until it's in your sig  ;D

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1552 on: January 07, 2015, 11:16:12 AM »
Good away win last night with a second string side  :thumbsup. Even better that "14k is a sellout" Wanderers are still winless  :lol.

dwaino

« Reply #1553 on: January 07, 2015, 11:37:33 AM »
Whoops. I completely forgot it was on and went to the gym. Midweek fixtures  :banghead

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1554 on: January 07, 2015, 01:09:00 PM »
Whoops. I completely forgot it was on and went to the gym. Midweek fixtures  :banghead
Valeri's volley goal was a ripper .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjhREI9iVYE

tony_montana

« Reply #1555 on: January 07, 2015, 07:36:53 PM »
It's not official until it's in your sig  ;D

:lol

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1556 on: January 25, 2015, 10:38:41 PM »
Perth 3 Victory 3

Threw away a two goal lead in the last 15 mins  :damnpc.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1557 on: January 26, 2015, 01:53:24 AM »
Perth 3 Victory 3

Threw away a two goal lead in the last 15 mins  :damnpc.

peeed on them, burnt them before throwing them away.  :banghead

dwaino

« Reply #1558 on: February 07, 2015, 08:59:44 PM »
 :dancing

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1559 on: February 07, 2015, 09:46:03 PM »
A class above tonight  :clapping.

:dancing
Three Nil
THREE NIL
THREE NIL

A portrayal of the crowd at Etihad tonight ...

Victory fans                            Cityheart fans
 :invasion                      :(