Author Topic: Tiger Training  (Read 925611 times)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Tiger Training
« Reply #1710 on: March 24, 2009, 08:30:41 PM »
Great stuff MT you have done it again and without divulging any specific information........ I bet that was hard. I can tell YOU are pumped mate and good on you.

Great to hear most of the the rehab group are going well in particular Cogs, don't you just wish he did not miss those three weeks, he would be up and running by now and more than likely in the team.

How did you find Browne and did we evevate him from the rookie list I haven't heard??
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #1711 on: March 24, 2009, 08:34:34 PM »
For a closed session u managed to see alot MT.
Fantastic report. :thumbsup

That's what I want to see on Thursday. Intencity. Beat the Blues to a pulp and put them to the sword early on to lay the foundations to a win something we failed to do in the Centennary Game last year when we were on top. :pray

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1712 on: March 24, 2009, 08:38:54 PM »
Never mind MT just read on the AFL page Browne elevated..... go big fella.... ;D

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1713 on: March 24, 2009, 09:03:07 PM »
I can tell YOU are pumped mate and good on you.
Just a touch  :lol. I think we all are. Hopefully we still are at 10:30pm on Thursday.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1714 on: March 24, 2009, 09:14:13 PM »
Yeah well I won't be posting until either late on Thursday night or early Friday morning because of the delayed telecast, cant do the radio, get too nervous because I cant see whats going on.... :whistle

"Rucks:

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1715 on: March 24, 2009, 09:45:45 PM »
Hey MT how did Foley train today mate, please?

"Rucks:

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1716 on: March 24, 2009, 10:05:21 PM »
Axel didn't dominate or anything but he was moving around as good as new. It looked like he must have been okay already for a few days as there were no noticeable signs of his ankle sprain. He's right to go  :thumbsup.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1717 on: March 24, 2009, 11:43:14 PM »
Axel didn't dominate or anything but he was moving around as good as new. It looked like he must have been okay already for a few days as there were no noticeable signs of his ankle sprain. He's right to go  :thumbsup.

Cool thanks mate, lets hope he is saving himself for the big one.

"Rucks:

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1718 on: March 25, 2009, 08:29:38 AM »
MT, thanks for all the reports over summer, you've given us all a great feel as to how we are going for the season proper.
One query, overall how would you compare this pre season to last year?
Our skills, tackling and general training intensity - in your opinion has there been a step change forward?
Or is it similar?
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1719 on: March 25, 2009, 12:58:06 PM »

Brilliant news on the verge of the game.

No excuses now, we're ready to roll.

PS: All your off season training reports were extremely appreciated MT. Thank you. :)

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1720 on: March 25, 2009, 02:13:58 PM »
MT

thanks for the training reports.

us info starved ferals rely on them ;D

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1721 on: March 25, 2009, 05:29:29 PM »
It's a pleasure everyone (a good way of getting a footy fix over summer btw  :thumbsup ) and thanks for the kind words  :cheers.

Our skills, tackling and general training intensity - in your opinion has there been a step change forward?
Or is it similar?
I think our overall skill level is improving slowly but there's still a way to go as we know. I know Cousins is flavour of the month since he came to Richmond but his ability to consistently hit targets and kick to advantage of his leading teammate still stands out. So I guess the rest of the squad needs to raise the bar again as far as not making unforced errors when there's no physical pressure. Having said that I think the past two or so training sessions the skill and intensity level has been good and if we bring that level to Thursday night I'll be quietly confident. McRae has been adding more tackling drills so hopefully that starts to have some effect to lift us up from last in tackling.

The one really noticeable change maybe not from last year as much but definitely from say 2 years ago is the vocalness of the group. Training use to be fairly quiet as players went through their drills but now there's a lot of noise during drills and our more extrovert players are pumping up the squad.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1722 on: March 25, 2009, 05:47:50 PM »
The Tigers had a short light session this arvo at Gosch's paddock. Everyone got through so we'll go into the game as named. Ch 10 showed Cuz having some snaps at goal and Kelli Underwood said he looked terrific. Terry said Cuz will start on the ground and is ready to go. He also had to tell the media if they had any questions other than about Cuz.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1723 on: March 25, 2009, 08:37:52 PM »
It's a pleasure everyone (a good way of getting a footy fix over summer btw  :thumbsup ) and thanks for the kind words  :cheers.

Or is it similar?
I think our overall skill level is improving slowly but there's still a way to go as we know. I know Cousins is flavour of the month since he came to Richmond but his ability to consistently hit targets and kick to advantage of his leading teammate still stands out. So I guess the rest of the squad needs to raise the bar again as far as not making unforced errors when there's no physical pressure. Having said that I think the past two or so training sessions the skill and intensity level has been good and if we bring that level to Thursday night I'll be quietly confident. McRae has been adding more tackling drills so hopefully that starts to have some effect to lift us up from last in tackling.

The one really noticeable change maybe not from last year as much but definitely from say 2 years ago is the vocalness of the group. Training use to be fairly quiet as players went through their drills but now there's a lot of noise during drills and our more extrovert players are pumping up the squad.

Great, thanks again MT. :clapping
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #1724 on: March 29, 2009, 11:06:36 PM »
do they actually Train?