Author Topic: From upgrading to plugging holes our improvement is palpable  (Read 4444 times)

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: From upgrading to plugging holes our improvement is palpable
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2014, 07:03:38 AM »
I believe we need another inside midfield but more importantly we need a quality small forward. I am hoping Lennon is the answer. We need someone who can rove the packs when the ball comes to ground.

Lennon might have the potential to be many things but I highly doubt quality small forward is one of them.  He's 190cm tall.

Wait and see before making judgement. Lennon is smaller than Jack and Ty. He is no lumbering giant and I understand he is not slow either.

tony_montana

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2014, 08:41:38 AM »
I believe we need another inside midfield but more importantly we need a quality small forward. I am hoping Lennon is the answer. We need someone who can rove the packs when the ball comes to ground.

Lennon might have the potential to be many things but I highly doubt quality small forward is one of them.  He's 190cm tall.

Wait and see before making judgement. Lennon is smaller than Jack and Ty. He is no lumbering giant and I understand he is not slow either.

He's not a small fwd, he's a medium/3rd tall.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2014, 09:16:28 AM »

I'm pretty sure I can make that call right now Elim.  At 190cm (at 18 years old) and listed strengths as his kicking and overhead marking he is never going to be a quality small forward who roves packs and crumbs goals as his primary role.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2014, 10:25:17 AM »

I'm pretty sure I can make that call right now Elim.  At 190cm (at 18 years old) and listed strengths as his kicking and overhead marking he is never going to be a quality small forward who roves packs and crumbs goals as his primary role.

Would love to see Lennon develop into a Ryan O'Keefe type (O'Keefe's 187cm BTW); that is play that sort of role. Can play a variety roles including "pinchhitter" lead up forward, through the middle, odd time down HB playing that sweeping role etc.

Actually would love our club to develop anyone into that sort of player. Ryan O'Keefe is a gun - very much underrated
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

tony_montana

« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2014, 10:29:17 AM »
That would be ideal WP

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2014, 10:42:53 AM »

Ryan O'Keefe:

"If it's a banned drug it's a banned drug regardless of whether its for anti-obesity, skin colour or whatever. If it's a banned drug you can't take it, regardless of the circumstances."

"If you've taken a banned substance, it's banned. Everyone else isn't doing it, you've got an unfair advantage over your competition then that's unfair for the players around the league that are doing everything by the book.

"if you have taken a banned substance you are going to have to suffer the consequences."

Champion bloke. Champion footballer.

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2014, 10:43:27 AM »

Would love to see Lennon develop into a Ryan O'Keefe type (O'Keefe's 187cm BTW); that is play that sort of role. Can play a variety roles including "pinchhitter" lead up forward, through the middle, odd time down HB playing that sweeping role etc.

Actually would love our club to develop anyone into that sort of player. Ryan O'Keefe is a gun - very much underrated

Yeh , an O'Keefe or a Stevie J type. That'd do nicely thanks. :thumbsup
Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2014, 01:46:28 PM »

That is a great call WP  :thumbsup
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2014, 04:09:21 PM »

That is a great call WP  :thumbsup

Agree with WP.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2014, 04:10:46 PM »

Lets agree not to agree

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2014, 09:09:54 PM »
 :thumbsup

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2014, 02:27:59 PM »
Lennon's a medium forward/tall mid.

Then again - McBean is a small forward/potential ruckman.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2014, 04:02:06 PM »
Tone Greenberg has said that Lennon won't play much in 2014
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2014, 04:36:55 PM »
Tone Greenberg has said that Lennon won't play much in 2014
So he knows that there will be no injuries to any of our forwards from now!

Wow!  Move over Nostradamus!!!
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.