Author Topic: Changes for the Giants game?  (Read 4592 times)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Re: Changes for the Giants game?
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2019, 02:05:51 AM »
You broke Machine's golden rule - never suggest anything that doesn't involve Menadue being at the RFC......:shh

If Menadue goes the replacements need to be better. Those players mentioned are not and the fact they are mentioned as possible listed players is concerning. There are reasons why they are no longer on AFL lists :shh

They wouldn't be replacing Menadud, they'd be replacing Aarts, Weller & Townsend..... :shh
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 06:58:13 AM by WilliamPowell »
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2019, 06:26:53 AM »
You broke Machine's golden rule - never suggest anything that doesn't involve Menadue being at the RFC......:shh

If Menadue goes the replacements need to be better. Those players mentioned are not and the fact they are mentioned as possible listed players is concerning. There are reasons why they are no longer on AFL lists :shh

They wouldn't be replacing Menadud, they'd be replacing Aarts, Weller & Townsend..... :shh

Okay...still they are no better than these players and in fact, they are way behind :shh thank god you're not the list manager  :whistle
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 06:59:09 AM by WilliamPowell »

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2019, 07:00:27 AM »
SNIP  :banghead

Debate the point without weak, childish name calling  >:(
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2019, 03:40:14 PM »
Menadue has to come in this week doesn't he? Was playing some great footy earlier in this season and very unlucky to be dropped 3 times
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2019, 04:07:02 PM »
In the Mix - Round 17

Sarah Black
afl.com.au
9 July 2019

RICHMOND

Get them in: Spearhead Jack Riewoldt is a real chance to return this week from a PCL injury, no doubt causing headaches at selection after a 92-point win. Liam Baker (29 disposals, eight marks) impressed in defence in the VFL, while Jack Higgins (22 and a goal) continues to press for a recall.

Under the pump:
There weren't many who didn't contribute in the thumping victory, but Derek Eggmolesse-Smith may find himself back in the VFL purely on a last-in, first-out basis with Riewoldt pressing and Shane Edwards able to swing back.

Medical room: Versatile tall Noah Balta injured his quad in the VFL, assuring Mabior Chol of another AFL game. Josh Caddy missed the Gold Coast win with a leg injury.

Verdict: Some very tough decisions to be made this week. Eggmolesse-Smith for Riewoldt (and a few magnet changes), while Daniel Rioli may be the one to make way for Josh Caddy if fit.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-07-09/in-the-mix-whos-pushing-for-selection-for-round-17-

Jackstar is back!!!

« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2019, 10:47:40 AM »
Riewoldt and Caddy just got through training
As did Nank
Interesting selection this week

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2019, 12:41:44 PM »
I wouldn’t bring caddy straight back in. Has been mostly poor this year, let him find some form in the vfl.

Jack in for McIntosh for me.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2019, 12:54:59 PM »
I wouldn’t bring caddy straight back in. Has been mostly poor this year, let him find some form in the vfl.

Jack in for McIntosh for me.

KMac won't be dropped me thinks  ;D

It's funny I watched the replay while home sick on Monday. TV coverage as always doesn't give a clear indication of what players do or don't do.

MacIntosh and Broad were our best gut runners both ways last weekend by a long way but the replay didn't show that. Yes Kam's disposal was average at times but he played his role well.

Can't see him being dropped
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2019, 01:19:59 PM »
IN:

Riewoldt, Caddy

OUT:

Eggmolesse-Smith, Broad

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2019, 02:10:42 PM »
Looking forward to Caddy making our forward line slow & dysfunctional again.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2019, 08:51:59 PM »
Houli has put in two poor performances in a row. Won't be dropped but should be put on notice.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2019, 11:08:08 PM »
Looking forward to Caddy making our forward line slow & dysfunctional again.... :shh
He must have been carrying an injury this year even while playing because last year he was neither slow or dysfunctional with his 46 goals.

And if that is the case, and with a few players back, he should either get it 100% right or go back to the twos and work on some fitness.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2019, 11:21:11 PM »
Jeez id like to see us find a spot for Baker.
That kid has something IMO and he is getting better every game.

Surely most can see he is a better player than Bellis and won’t go missing when things get tough.

Dimma needs to start thinking about what our best side will look like if/when we make finals.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2019, 12:26:09 AM »

Surely most can see he is a better player than Bellis and won’t go missing when things get tough.

Dimma needs to start thinking about what our best side will look like if/when we make finals.

I really like baker and was very surprised to see him dropped. I know you dislike Bellis but don’t think Baker is suited to his role. See him as a forward half playmaker that runs through the middle like Edwards. Maybe he could come in for Rioli but think we’d be losing too much pace up front especially with Bolton spending more time up the ground.

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2019, 11:17:22 AM »

Good call and would also like to see him replace Ellis as I believe he will become a better player. Tough little player is Baker!