Author Topic: Brownlow 2023 thread  (Read 4607 times)

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Brownlow 2023 thread
« Reply #75 on: September 26, 2023, 01:19:34 PM »
There were way too many dubious moments. Speaking of midfielders being gifted the Brownlow,  I feel for Jeremy cameron with his 1 vote in round 2. Also not to mention the other Brisbane game where Neale got 3 votes even though he barely touched it and Charlie cameron kicked 7

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #76 on: September 26, 2023, 01:21:50 PM »
Hahaha those cheats should never vote on a game again. stuffin losers the lot of em.

Jason Horne-Francis got three votes against Geelong from 13 disposals, one tackle and no goals. Four of those touches were ineffective, two were clangers and he was not among the nine players who polled coaches’ votes.

Laughable isn't it. And Taylor Adams R3 lol. 20 touches, 3 contested, no goals, about 1-2 tackles.

It's a joke.

Brownlow votes should include coach and maybe captain input.

While I get yours and Frankie's point, end of the day they got it right

Lachie Neale had another great year and us deserved winner

Added bonus Pies fans sooking that young Nick was robbed

He might've had a great year bur he was nowhere near the best or most damaging player in the comp. ....as someone pointed out last night ,the supposedly "not damaging enough" Taranto hit the scoreboard more this year than both of Neale's Brownlow years combined and certainly wasn't the best player in the comp this year either....joke of an award and  has been for years....even when Dusty won it in 2017 he was nearly knocked off by Dangerfield who couldn't hit the side of a barn all year.... :shh

Danger kicked 45 that year. Dusty was supreme though and less selfish

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #77 on: September 26, 2023, 01:31:54 PM »
Neal winning it says alot bang average player.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #78 on: September 26, 2023, 01:35:15 PM »
Hahaha those cheats should never vote on a game again. stuffin losers the lot of em.

Jason Horne-Francis got three votes against Geelong from 13 disposals, one tackle and no goals. Four of those touches were ineffective, two were clangers and he was not among the nine players who polled coaches’ votes.

Laughable isn't it. And Taylor Adams R3 lol. 20 touches, 3 contested, no goals, about 1-2 tackles.

It's a joke.

Brownlow votes should include coach and maybe captain input.

While I get yours and Frankie's point, end of the day they got it right

Lachie Neale had another great year and us deserved winner

Added bonus Pies fans sooking that young Nick was robbed

He might've had a great year bur he was nowhere near the best or most damaging player in the comp. ....as someone pointed out last night ,the supposedly "not damaging enough" Taranto hit the scoreboard more this year than both of Neale's Brownlow years combined and certainly wasn't the best player in the comp this year either....joke of an award and  has been for years....even when Dusty won it in 2017 he was nearly knocked off by Dangerfield who couldn't hit the side of a barn all year.... :shh

Danger kicked 45 that year. Dusty was supreme though and less selfish

Talking about his field kicking - no-one was even close to Dusty that year and he should've won in a canter, not by 3 votes in the last round from a bloke who played one less h&a game.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #79 on: September 26, 2023, 01:51:32 PM »
he's an absolute gun. I don't think he should have won this year but average player? Ffs
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #80 on: September 26, 2023, 01:54:55 PM »
he's an absolute gun. I don't think he should have won this year but average player? Ffs

Gets cheap possessions with little influence and his big numbers get him the votes.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #81 on: September 26, 2023, 01:55:51 PM »

Come off it AT - he's no BEllis.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #82 on: September 27, 2023, 08:19:08 PM »

Gets cheap possessions with little influence and his big numbers get him the votes.

Cmon mate. He dominated us in the elim final last year.

He didn’t deserve to win the Chaz but he’s objectively a gun.