Author Topic: Coburg vs Casey, Sunday June 19  (Read 6710 times)

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Coburg vs Casey, Sunday June 19
« Reply #75 on: June 19, 2011, 07:05:49 PM »
BF and Y&B saying Whitey strained his knee late in the game and may be out for some time. Tuck had 30+ touches and Goo took 10 marks although his kicking sometimes needs work. Burger player Wheeler had 9 clearances.
White had an ice pack on the knee but was walking without to many problems. Tuck was good and very hard at the contest. Goo was fantastic and his kicking was fine, hit targets on a very windy day. Wheeler is a good player with loads of potential. I liked Helbigs game today has a great appetite for the contest. Great to see O'Reilly play, love his footy.

Edit: fixed quoting
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 07:48:07 PM by one-eyed »

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #76 on: June 19, 2011, 07:06:26 PM »
BF and Y&B saying Whitey strained his knee late in the game and may be out for some time. Tuck had 30+ touches and Goo took 10 marks although his kicking sometimes needs work. Burger player Wheeler had 9 clearances.

if tuck comes back in we are going backwards. But I rate him way way way way way ahead of hislop. If I had to choose who I'd rather in the team out of those 2 I'd say bring in Tuck send Hislop back to windy hill.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #77 on: June 19, 2011, 07:24:15 PM »
if tuck comes back in we are going backwards. But I rate him way way way way way ahead of hislop. If I had to choose who I'd rather in the team out of those 2 I'd say bring in Tuck send Hislop back to windy hill.
We get it.  You don't like Hislop.

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #78 on: June 19, 2011, 07:27:17 PM »

White had an ice pack on the knee but was walking without to many problems. Tuck was good and very hard at the contest. Goo was fantastic and his kicking was fine, hit targets on a very windy day. Wheeler is a good player with loads of potential. I liked Helbigs game today has a great appetite for the contest. Great to see O'Reilly play, love his footy.

Time to dump McGuane's sorry ass and give the Goo a go :thumbsup

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #79 on: June 19, 2011, 07:36:43 PM »
does anyone know if Dmac played today?

MacDonald and Hicks played the early game

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #80 on: June 19, 2011, 07:49:28 PM »
Cheers for that Machine. Hope Whitey is okay.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Lowly Coburg upsets Scorpions (Age)
« Reply #81 on: June 20, 2011, 02:33:25 AM »
Lowly Coburg upsets Scorpions
Brent Diamond
June 20, 2011

RICHMOND defender David Gourdis's best-on-ground performance in shutting down Brendan Fevola helped the Coburg Tigers to an upset 10-point win over the Scorpions at Casey Fields yesterday.

Gourdis gave the Tigers hierarchy plenty of highlights with rampant spoils and rebounds from defence, restricting Fevola to just one goal as the Tigers fought back to win 9.18 (72) to 8.14 (62).

It was only Coburg's second win for the season and the shock result has given rookie coach Adam Potter hope that they can go on with it.

"Casey are a top-four side at the minute and to get them out here will hopefully give us some confidence heading into the second half of the season," he said.

Gourdis had 22 disposals and Potter said he was ''really pleased with his defensive game".

Coburg's Jamie O'Reilly shut down Melbourne's Matthew Bate, while Shane Tuck and Sam Power (both with 31 possessions) were brilliant in the clearances as the Tigers turned around a four-point deficit at the last change.

Potter also praised ruckman Angus Graham and onballer Willie Wheeler, who snared three goals from 25 disposals through the midfield. Wheeler was the most dangerous forward in the game.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/lowly-coburg-upsets-scorpions-20110619-1ga43.html#ixzz1Pjxl0l92

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #82 on: June 20, 2011, 02:44:50 AM »

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #83 on: June 20, 2011, 03:42:40 AM »
Coburg Tigers
Goal Kickers: W. Wheeler 3, D. Murphy 2, M. Morton , R. Jordan , M. White , N. Lynch
Best Players: D. GOURDIS, W. Wheeler, M. White, S. Tuck, S. Power, A. Graham

BRING IN THE BIG G!

« Reply #84 on: June 20, 2011, 06:22:11 AM »
21 pics from yesterday's Coburg match:

http://www.gettyimages.com.au/Search/Search.aspx?EventId=111962254&EditorialProduct=Sport

5th picture is of Rhett Jordon for those who don't know the young man.

:cheers

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #85 on: June 20, 2011, 07:12:56 AM »
He is a fair size.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #86 on: June 20, 2011, 07:44:56 AM »
does anyone know if Dmac played today?

MacDonald and Hicks played the early game
:cheers
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Tigermonk

« Reply #87 on: June 20, 2011, 01:38:44 PM »
Good Win for Coburg, l gave them no chance but tipped them anyway. Email this morning l backed 5  :lol
l dont think anyone gave them a chance much cause Casey were in good form

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #88 on: June 20, 2011, 02:57:18 PM »
Coburg stuns Casey
richmondfc.com.au
Mon 20 Jun, 2011

Full-back David Gourdis produced an excellent performance for Coburg, restricting the Scorpions’ star spearhead Brendan Fevola to just one goal with strong defensive play, and providing plenty of rebound out of the backline.

Shane Tuck was at his ‘ball-magnet’ best, gathering a stack of clearances in his 30-plus disposals, Angus Graham fought well in the ruck, while Matthew White also was prominent with his run and carry.

Mitch Morton, in his return after several weeks on the sidelines due to personal reasons, showed some good signs, and kicked a valuable goal in the low-scoring match.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/116642/default.aspx

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #89 on: June 20, 2011, 09:54:04 PM »
Coburg Tigers
Goal Kickers: W. Wheeler 3, D. Murphy 2, M. Morton , R. Jordan , M. White , N. Lynch
Best Players: D. GOURDIS, W. Wheeler, M. White, S. Tuck, S. Power, A. Graham

BRING IN THE BIG G!

I pray you mean Gourdis JT!!   ;D