Author Topic: Tiger gossip from Hutchy  (Read 1545 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tiger gossip from Hutchy
« on: December 14, 2008, 05:31:30 AM »
From Hutchy's gossip page. This isn't on the net either so I typed it out.....

By Craig Hutchison
Sunday Herald-Sun | 14 DEC 2008, Pages S08 & 118

* RICHMOND players Matthew Richardson, Kayne Pettifer and Jack Riewoldt were seen at band of the moment MGMT at Festival Hall on Thursday night. To their credit, the boys were drinking water and were fresh the next day at training and the fans' day in the rain at Punt Rd.

* AT LEAST one of Mick Malthouse's former clubs has followed Collingwood's lead in trying to stitch up the latest edition of the Malthouse clan. While not going as far as the Magpies -- who signed the coach's new grandson, Zachary, the day he was born -- Richmond has been quick to remind Mick his time at Punt Road has not been forgotten. The Tigers sent the newborn a pack filled with Richmond goodies.

* Meantime, Richmond is understood to have had a close-up look at many of its potential rookies in match practice this week with some senior players joining in behind closed doors.

Old Tiger on the prowl

* AS his former club pursues Ben Cousins, Greg Miller is packing his bags and taking off.

The former general manager of football at the Tigers, Miller headed into the sunset on a 12-month Australian odyssey.

And he has backed the Tigers' bid to hand Cousins a second chance.

``I hope Richmond get him,'' Miller said.

``I understand that the board will support Terry (Wallace) and that will be great for Richmond.''

Now in Port Ellis in South Australia, Miller set off on December 1 to caravan around the country with his wife, Danielle, and two youngest children.

``I'll try not to miss the footy too much,'' he said. ``I'll definitely be supporting Terry Wallace and Richmond wherever I am.''

Already he has spent time with former North Melbourne player Brad Sholl for what he called ``an entertaining time'' in Port Fairy.

``I plan to test out pubs all around Australia and see some old friends and teammates and make some new ones,'' Miller said.

richmondrules

Re: Tiger gossip from Hutchy
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2008, 10:34:49 AM »
* AS his former club pursues Ben Cousins, Greg Miller is packing his bags and taking off.

The former general manager of football at the Tigers, Miller headed into the sunset on a 12-month Australian odyssey.

And he has backed the Tigers' bid to hand Cousins a second chance.

``I hope Richmond get him,'' Miller said.

``I understand that the board will support Terry (Wallace) and that will be great for Richmond.''

Now in Port Ellis in South Australia, Miller set off on December 1 to caravan around the country with his wife, Danielle, and two youngest children.

``I'll try not to miss the footy too much,'' he said. ``I'll definitely be supporting Terry Wallace and Richmond wherever I am.''

Already he has spent time with former North Melbourne player Brad Sholl for what he called ``an entertaining time'' in Port Fairy.

``I plan to test out pubs all around Australia and see some old friends and teammates and make some new ones,'' Miller said.

Good old GM. Have a great time old son. Hope we see you around the club in the years to come.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2008, 11:16:52 AM »
good bye Miller. make it a one way trip now wont you.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2008, 11:45:07 AM »
Why the need to be such a carn't?

richmondrules

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2008, 11:50:29 AM »

lol. You'd make a good psychological study. There's a doctorate lurking in your head.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2008, 11:54:01 AM »

i dont like him as Football person its as simple as that. Probably a descent guy outside of Footy but at Punt Road he is certainly no loss at all.

He did one good thing in his time at Punt Road and that was Mitch Morton, thats it.

Since he came over we have never performed worse on field as a Football Club

Offline 2JD

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2008, 12:35:25 PM »
I'm jealous as all get out! I'd love to take a year off and travel around Aus! :cheers

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2008, 02:45:56 PM »

i dont like him as Football person its as simple as that. Probably a descent guy outside of Footy but at Punt Road he is certainly no loss at all.

He did one good thing in his time at Punt Road and that was Mitch Morton, thats it.

The guy had a heart attack from busting his ass for this club when we were broke and couldn't pay anyone else to help him.
The people he put in place are now the ones who have got this club moving up the ladder.

A little respect I think is due, but I wouldn't expect you to ever be the bigger man.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2008, 03:08:22 PM »

The guy had a heart attack from busting his ass for this club when we were broke and couldn't pay anyone else to help him.
The people he put in place are now the ones who have got this club moving up the ladder.

A little respect I think is due, but I wouldn't expect you to ever be the bigger man.

That should never have happened. No sport in the world is bigger than the man

I never questioned his commitment to our club i question some very silly decisions that he made.

Nonetheless i hope his life is stress free from this day forward no one deserves that

Offline DallasCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • roll on 2011
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2008, 03:30:56 PM »

That's funny I never saw him get one kick for the club!
I'd hardly call sports administration busting your ass. Busting a mobile phone bill maybe  ;)
Experience is a good school. But the fees are high.
Heinrich Heine

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2008, 04:49:01 PM »
That should never have happened. No sport in the world is bigger than the man

I never questioned his commitment to our club i question some very silly decisions that he made.

Nonetheless i hope his life is stress free from this day forward no one deserves that
What part of "we couldn't afford anyone" is so hard to understand? The guy was running the entire football department simply because it needed to be done. Fully funded recruiting departments have made just as many blunders as Miller has as a one man band. Pretty hard to see all the juniors when you can't be in 4-5 places at the same time.

It was never Miller's decision to draft recycled players, that was Fraudley's call. Miller just went and got what was asked.

That's funny I never saw him get one kick for the club!
I'd hardly call sports administration busting your ass. Busting a mobile phone bill maybe  ;)
I take it you've never worked long hours in your life so you wouldn't know the affect it can have on your health

All you two are proving is what wankers you are

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2008, 10:04:08 AM »

Actually in my experience it is a demanding job with very little recognition unless the poo hits the fan and then it is all your fault.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2008, 10:57:33 AM »
For me Miller gets credit for creating a stable club or at least pushing the line hard to those in power and/or influence about the need for stability. His time was up after 6 years and he ended up wearing too many hats and mistakes were made especially with some recruiting decisions but the club as a whole is in a far far better shape when he left than when he arrived. He also had an open door policy as far as talking to supporters even "negative" ones like us watching training who gave him the third degree :lol.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline DallasCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • roll on 2011
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2008, 01:05:25 PM »
I take it you've never worked long hours in your life so you wouldn't know the affect it can have on your health

Wrong.

All you two are proving is what wankers you are

I'm allowed to have an opinion, and IMO football dept jobs are one of the easiest gigs in Melbourne. Yes there's always the risk you might get sacked tomorrow, but no one is entitled to a job in football for life.

The reason he lasted 6 years in the job was precisely because of wankers like you who accept mediocrity, cough up your dues year after year, and blindly believe everything the club says!
Experience is a good school. But the fees are high.
Heinrich Heine