Author Topic: Callum Coleman-Jones traded to Norf [Official]  (Read 100318 times)

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
Re: Callum Coleman-Jones wants to be traded to Norf [merged]
« Reply #450 on: October 05, 2021, 08:50:59 AM »
Do you think hell play ruck infront of Goldstein? Norf have sold him a pup.

Todd is 33 yo against Nank at 27 and Soldo at 25.

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #451 on: October 05, 2021, 09:27:18 AM »
Theyll still play Goldstein ruck CCJ wont ruck alot not for 2 years at Norf.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #452 on: October 05, 2021, 09:28:28 AM »
Do you think hell play ruck infront of Goldstein? Norf have sold him a pup.

My understanding is that they have offered him the ruck duties full time after Goldy retires which is soon. So he's to go there and be mentored by Goldy for a year or so in a similar role to his current one before going primary ruck.

He's a long way down the pecking order at RFC.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #453 on: October 05, 2021, 12:39:40 PM »
According to Tiger71 on last night's BF podcast:

* CCJ - if a trade can't be done he will stay at the Tigers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmHwhI42LwE

Also according to Tiger71:

CCJ to GC....

Chol to Bumblers....

Pickett back to WA....

Cerra a lock....

Narkle a lock....

Lapinski a lock....

B.Crouch a lock in 2019.....

B.Crouch a lock in 2020....

:shh

"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #454 on: October 05, 2021, 02:11:19 PM »
Lol - always knew that guy was a fraud

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #455 on: October 05, 2021, 02:23:04 PM »
I wouldn't be banking on Soldo being at full form in 2022. Can take a small man up to 12 months to get back to previous form let alone a 200cm+ player

CCJ would get time in the ruck with the Tigers top side in 2022 if he really wanted to work for it.

Offline taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shovelheads - Keeping hipsters off Harley's
« Reply #456 on: October 05, 2021, 02:25:25 PM »
I wouldn't be banking on Soldo being at full form in 2022. Can take a small man up to 12 months to get back to previous form let alone a 200cm+ player

CCJ would get time in the ruck with the Tigers top side in 2022 if he really wanted to work for it.

Soldo did his knee in Sep 2020, its over 12 months now, he will be ready to go

FooffooValve

« Reply #457 on: October 05, 2021, 02:42:04 PM »

Soldo did his knee in Sep 2020, its over 12 months now, he will be ready to go

Don't forget we've all disappeared down some weird vortex for 18 months.  :rollin

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #458 on: October 05, 2021, 04:21:07 PM »
The Tigers are keen to acquire Pick 20 from North Melbourne for Coleman-Jones, who’s been offered a long-term deal on good money by the Roos.

Foxfooty.com.au reported Richmond was “agitated” by North’s unwillingness to part with Pick 20 despite tabling Coleman-Jones such an attractive contract.

The 22-year-old has played just nine games across four seasons at Punt Road.

“They (the Tigers) think he (Coleman-Jones) is ready to blossom after a pretty solid year, but North Melbourne’s saying: ‘We just don’t think he’s worth that and we don’t think ruckmen are worth Pick 20, we’re prepared to give (Pick) 38 up,’” Ralph told Fox Footy.

“There is the potential for him to go through to the pre-season draft, North are saying: ‘We want to negotiate in good faith and that would absolutely be a Plan B.’”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-documentary-2021-new-doco-involving-player-agents-for-2022-after-amazon-making-their-mark-program/news-story/04a76e2e4220d63825db3c6511f7b8be?recommendedCount=0

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #459 on: October 05, 2021, 04:28:26 PM »
It should have been CCJ’s spot to lose and Soldo to win back on form.
With injuries and Jack at 33 CCJ should have had plenty of opportunity  to ruck and rest forward.
In my opinion he was better than Lynch in the games he played.
It makes you wonder how it got to the decision that he had no future at Richmond.
Somethings not quite right as i couldn’t see it happening a year or two ago.

I wonder if we gave a commitment , years and dollars if we could get him to stay.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #460 on: October 05, 2021, 04:45:49 PM »
It should have been CCJ’s spot to lose and Soldo to win back on form.
With injuries and Jack at 33 CCJ should have had plenty of opportunity  to ruck and rest forward.
In my opinion he was better than Lynch in the games he played.
It makes you wonder how it got to the decision that he had no future at Richmond.
Somethings not quite right as i couldn’t see it happening a year or two ago.

I wonder if we gave a commitment , years and dollars if we could get him to stay.

Club has never said he has no future with us.

He has a 3 year deal on the table but no promise of regular footy in 2022.

North offering more money, more years, more senior opportunities.

Our only hope is if CCJ has morals and decides to force a better trade by considering staying at RFC (only rumours) or if another club gets his interest.

If he is intent on going to North and only North at any cost then we will take unders or lose him for diddly.

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #461 on: October 05, 2021, 05:49:01 PM »
I understand  your opinion on CCJ’s value but it’s not what I think or what  the clubs saying but you are entitled  to your opinion .
I don’t think you read what I said as I never mentioned that Richmond thought CCJ had no future .

If you read what I’m suggesting I’m hoping Richmond will have another crack to sign him up as I see he has a lot of potential for a 22 year old .I am aware of what he has been offered and where he is in the pecking order but we could have a rethink

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #462 on: October 05, 2021, 06:07:22 PM »
You'd think Hawks & Cats would be all over CCJ with their ruck stocks being so poor? 

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #463 on: October 05, 2021, 06:58:18 PM »
Richmond and North Melbourne, meanwhile, have also begun discussions with the Bulldogs on a trade for Callum Coleman-Jones that would involve pick 17.

Under that scenario, the Dogs would improve their points position, Richmond would secure pick 17, and North would slide a few places in the draft.

The Tigers and North have also discussed whether Robbie Tarrant is tied into the trade for Coleman-Jones and picks. While Tarrant is a free agent and technically able to move to Richmond for nothing, his arrival as a free agent would dilute the compensation the Tigers would receive for losing their own free agent, Mabior Chol, to the Gold Coast.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/pick-17-holds-the-key-western-bulldogs-first-rounder-could-unlock-two-different-deals-20211005-p58xha.html

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #464 on: October 05, 2021, 08:25:38 PM »
I understand  your opinion on CCJ’s value but it’s not what I think or what  the clubs saying but you are entitled  to your opinion .
I don’t think you read what I said as I never mentioned that Richmond thought CCJ had no future .

If you read what I’m suggesting I’m hoping Richmond will have another crack to sign him up as I see he has a lot of potential for a 22 year old .I am aware of what he has been offered and where he is in the pecking order but we could have a rethink

I think he is worth pick 20-30. I just don't think we will get it if we only have North to trade with. Like I said - need another party to show interest.

Misunderstood you re: future at the club.

CCJ I'd think knows he is a wanted player, but maybe just doesn't wanna do the hard work a la Higgins. Perhaps we should be taking that into account.