Author Topic: Hotmail  (Read 3407 times)

Bulluss

Hotmail
« on: July 29, 2005, 04:39:30 PM »
Have any of you guys been having trouble with Hotmail(for those that use it)?

i have been using MSN and accessing my emails, then i get this screen where i have to veriry numbers and letters from a box i do this and then it goes to a screen where i have to enter my login name and password. i do this and it goes back to the numbers/letters again and i cant get into my emails.

It is really giving me the Sh&ts

Anyone else had similar problems?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Hotmail
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2005, 05:29:40 PM »
If I tried to login using the enhanced security it says my email and password were incorrect  ???. Clicked on standard security and tried again - no problems - got straight into my inbox.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Bulluss

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2005, 07:32:16 PM »
Generally i log into my inbox via MSN. Been doing it for years and now all of a sudden it stops.

If i try and get into my inbox this way it takes me to the verification page, which i complete. Then to the sign in page which i complete then i get the full circle again and have to verify which then takes me back to sign and so on and so on.

I get the same thing if i try to log in using a web page.

I have a laptop here which i hooked up to the net and it worked no drama's.

Same version of MSN and all. Maybe there is some little file i need to update on my pc to prevent this.

I dont know, but it is driving me crazy.

Ox

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2005, 09:16:03 PM »
I hadnt used it for ages until 2 days ago and found
that it no longer notified me if i had new hotmail,
In fact,if i choose the option to check my nw mail It opens outlook express.
Did it used to doe this?
(no i havent got my hotmaill account set up in outlook express.) :banghead

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2005, 07:50:04 AM »
Yes have been getting that too Bull.  Hubby uses hotmail as well and he can only send emails to other hotmail addresses, not to bigpond or anyone else.  Also when I clicked the help button whilst under his name, the help section was all in Japanese or Chinese!

Bulluss

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2005, 09:54:25 AM »
I have been playing around with some of my settings on my firewall and Internet Options this morning and currently it is working.

I actually sent there helpdesk and email and got a response this morning saying they couldnt currently respond due to an overload in problems, i think this may be a new security system they are implementing and they are having teething problems.

Hopefully it should all settle down in the next week or so.

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2005, 07:24:25 PM »
Using hubby's log-in I sent an email to my bigpond address on friday.  I received it this morning.

On the subject of problems, does anyone else have problems pulling up video footage from the AFL website.  I keep getting the message that it is done but get nothing on the screen.  I have noticed that on the bottom lefthand side of the screen I keep getting something about javascript. :help :help