Author Topic: Your Round 1 2019 Team  (Read 11789 times)

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
Re: Your Round 1 2019 Team
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2019, 10:31:07 AM »
I like your wingers........:shh

But Broad plays R1............:shh :shh
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2019, 01:40:58 PM »
I reckon Lynch will play round one now. Just a feeling.

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2019, 07:46:00 PM »
I like that team torch. Only question mark would be Weller but I guess he’s holding caddy’s position. Will be interesting if Castagna and Mcintosh are available as I thought Ellis and butler were poor in JLT1.

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2019, 09:00:54 PM »
Baker for Butler.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2019, 11:02:33 PM »
Post JLT2 assuming Caddy, Grigg & Castagna miss round 1.

B:  Grimes     Astbury     Vlastuin
HB: Houli        Rance       Short
C:   Markov    Martin      Broad
HF: Higgins    Riewoldt   Edwards
F:   Butler        Lynch        Rioli
R: Nankervis   Prestia   Cotchin
I: Lambert, Graham, Weller, Balta
E: Soldo, Ross, McIntosh, Baker
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline sdc01

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2019, 11:08:18 PM »
do we lack pace??????

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2019, 11:19:56 PM »
do we lack pace??????
Fair point, sdc. I went on both JLT games under this 6-6-6 rule being decided by contested possies and clearances. So that's why I've gone for more contested ballwinners.

I think Broad has one wing sewn up. I'm in a quandry with the other wing with McIntosh, Markov and Menadue. I was hoping one or more was going to stand out in the preseason with plenty of the pill and say pick me. Tonight was Kmac's first game so perhaps I'm being harsh having him as an emergency. He is a premiership player in that wing position after all although he doesn't win a lot of the ball and his 2018 was average. I'm not a Menadue fan. Just don't see him making it. Markov has probably been the best of the three over the preseason so that's why I have him in the side.   

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2019, 11:46:43 PM »
Broad & Markov on the wings with Butler a walk up start in the FP. Seriously MT, hand in your badge mate. That is...if that's what you want in R1.

You are close to the RFC R1 team. Ellis in for Markov and I reckon you're spot on with what the club will pick....:shh
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2019, 11:58:09 PM »
Don't be surprised if there's a bolter for round one that we didn't see in the JLT....... :shh :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2019, 12:11:53 AM »
Don't be surprised if there's a bolter for round one that we didn't see in the JLT....... :shh :shh
There maybe stacks of bolters....
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2019, 12:17:42 PM »
There maybe stacks of bolters....
They rate Stack but it's hard to see a kid who hasn't even played a practice match in anger alongside his teammates getting an AFL debut call up for round 1. Dimma did say he was willing to play Lynch without any JLT games but only because he's a gun and a former captain with 8 years of AFL behind him already. Stack doesn't have that rap sheet yet.

The only other one they could be tempted to play is George but I don't think they will IMO even if he comes right in the next week. While Ellis is on the outer.

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2019, 12:28:48 PM »

Ben Miller or Tom Lynch?

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2019, 03:50:12 PM »
do we lack pace??????
Fair point, sdc. I went on both JLT games under this 6-6-6 rule being decided by contested possies and clearances. So that's why I've gone for more contested ballwinners.

I think Broad has one wing sewn up. I'm in a quandry with the other wing with McIntosh, Markov and Menadue. I was hoping one or more was going to stand out in the preseason with plenty of the pill and say pick me. Tonight was Kmac's first game so perhaps I'm being harsh having him as an emergency. He is a premiership player in that wing position after all although he doesn't win a lot of the ball and his 2018 was average. I'm not a Menadue fan. Just don't see him making it. Markov has probably been the best of the three over the preseason so that's why I have him in the side.   

On the second JLT form neither McIntosh or Menadue play R1. They were both fairly ordinary with a few turnovers. Think you are spot on with your team given form and injuries.It is sad that nobody else has stood up to push Weller off the bench.
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2019, 03:52:31 PM »
Mcintosh, Menadue, Weller & Ross combined had a whopping 18 more disposals combined than everyones favourite, The BEllis, had in JLT1....:shh

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2019, 04:23:40 PM »
Mcintosh, Menadue, Weller & Ross combined had a whopping 18 more disposals combined than everyones favourite, The BEllis, had in JLT1....:shh
And yet BEllis couldn't impose himself in a VFL practice match..... :shh
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.