Author Topic: Josh Caddy has retired [merged]  (Read 131081 times)

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Josh Caddy [merged]
« Reply #240 on: August 07, 2017, 08:32:08 PM »
4 goals, 3 joe the gooses. Be nice if he could kick a real goal

Ummm so kicking goals aren't real because he worked hard into space. A goal is a goal and i take them anyway we can get them. He stared yesterday  :clapping

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #241 on: August 07, 2017, 08:34:14 PM »

Ummm so kicking goals aren't real because he worked hard into space. A goal is a goal and i take them anyway we can get them. He stared yesterday  :clapping

Were you a Vickery fan by any chance?

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #242 on: August 07, 2017, 08:53:52 PM »

No

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #243 on: August 07, 2017, 09:05:31 PM »

No

Well there you go then indeed.

tony_montana

« Reply #244 on: August 07, 2017, 10:58:04 PM »

No

Vickery didn't have 28 possessions for his whole career let alone in one match

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #245 on: August 08, 2017, 07:05:05 AM »

No

He kicked four goals before, are you saying goals aren't real?

tony_montana

« Reply #246 on: August 08, 2017, 07:35:58 AM »

No

lots of people have kicked 4 goals before, the list shortens when you combine it with 28 possessions.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #247 on: August 08, 2017, 08:38:25 AM »

No

lots of people have kicked 4 goals before, the list shortens when you combine it with 28 possessions.

Well he kicked six goals and had 21 possessions before in a match, has Caddy done that?  Are those extra 7 possessions worth two goals?

Not that I am saying Caddy can't we just have to play a team that is on the absolute down and out so he can flat track it over them.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #248 on: August 08, 2017, 08:45:42 AM »

No

Well he kicked six goals and had 21 possessions before in a match, has Caddy done that?  Are those extra 7 possessions worth two goals?

Not that I am saying Caddy can't we just have to play a team that is on the absolute down and out so he can flat track it over them.
I assume you mean the game against the pies who had put the cue well and truly in the rack by then.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #249 on: August 08, 2017, 09:00:58 AM »

No

I assume you mean the game against the pies who had put the cue well and truly in the rack by then.

Exactly if we can play a team like that I am sure Caddy can lift his goal scoring

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #250 on: August 08, 2017, 12:58:34 PM »
he is always going to have the odd good game here and there.He will mainly serve up what hes served up this yr because that is exactly what hes dons for most of his career.Yep lots of average to ordinary games  in the main and at either end of the spectrum a mixture of poor  and very good.
Even statistically in just about every category he is giving us what has gone before.

For mine the primary role of your fwds is to kick goals caddy plays mainly as a fwd and even with a 4 goal haul is goin at less than a goal a game and an awful lot of the goals he has got are joe the goose last man in the chain, you can honestly say if not him it would have been someone else on the end of it.
Personally i have never rated his boidy of work as an afl player poor 1v1 and it is a bit like looks like tarzan plays like Jane.

To me the fwd half does not work well as far as kicking scores goes.We have a lot of smls and the odd medium who bring pressure but that is only half of the equation, the other half is sorely lacking and in this i really believe we could improve significantly and become multi dimensional without losing or sacrificing the hyped up fwd pressure.
We have just one fwd who gives us multiple goals on very consistent basis  in Riewoldt, the rest are going at going at arond 1  or 1 and a bit a game.

At the end of the day they keep winning with the set up they have, so it is hard to be constantly critical.
I still dont think it can win us a final but we are about to find out one way or the other.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #251 on: August 08, 2017, 04:33:47 PM »
Who would have guessed that the overall standard of the competition would drop in 2017, giving the lower clubs a decent chance  :snidegrin
Caracella and Balmey.

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Red-hot Caddy ready for the Cattery (afl site)
« Reply #252 on: August 09, 2017, 01:39:33 AM »
Red-hot Caddy ready for the Cattery

afl.com.au
9 August 2017

RICHMOND recruit Josh Caddy is relishing the prospect of hitting the blockbuster clash with his old club Geelong knowing he's in season-best form.

Caddy, who joined his third club in the off-season after stints with Gold Coast (2011-12) and the Cats (2013-16), enjoyed his best game for the Tigers on Sunday, booting a career-best four goals against Hawthorn.

The 24-year-old had to wait one-and-a-half seasons before playing the Suns for the first time with Geelong, starting that match as a sub, but he will be a key player when the Tigers travel to Simonds Stadium for a critical top-four clash.

"Every player who changes clubs thinks about the first time you play your old club and I've definitely thought about it," Caddy told AFL.com.au.

"It'll be funny going down the freeway and being on the other side of the fence and playing against Geelong, and it's even weirder that it's going to be down there.

"But I'm really looking forward to it and I think we're in really good form.

"They're going to be a big challenge for us and we're excited as a whole group to get down there and give it a crack."

Caddy and fellow recruit Dion Prestia have endured frustrating seasons, but both were excellent in the 29-point win against Hawthorn, which embedded Richmond in the top four.

Prestia has performed recent run-with roles, but was at his ball-winning best against the Hawks, gathering 31 disposals, including 13 contested possessions and seven clearances (both season highs).         

"It's round 20 and it's probably the first time it's clicked for us together," Caddy said. 

"Hopefully that's a positive that it's starting to click at the right time of the year.

"We haven't had dismal years or anything like that, but we both acknowledge that we can play better.

"Hopefully it's a step in the right direction."

Caddy has averaged 18.5 possessions this season and booted 16 goals, splitting his time between the forward line and midfield.

With an eye injury sidelining Jack Riewoldt for the past two matches, Caddy has stepped up as a forward target, providing a contest as a deep forward and helping bring the Tigers' small goalkickers into the game.

He said his four goals against the Hawks was reward for effort after a season that was yet to take off as he'd hoped.

"I got on the end of a few lucky ones, which is really nice, and missed a few, which is disappointing. But you take what you can," he said.

"It hasn't been a frustrating year, but it hasn't come off for me like that yet and it's round 20.

"When I'm forward I'm just trying to give a contest, keep working and do the right things.

"Sometimes it takes a while to see the fruit of that and it was good to get on the end of a few."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-08-08/redhot-caddy-ready-for-the-cattery

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #253 on: August 09, 2017, 03:26:01 PM »
Who would have guessed that the overall standard of the competition would drop in 2017, giving the lower clubs a decent chance  :snidegrin

Has the overall standard dropped or raised ?

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Hamstrung Tiger Josh Caddy could get back for R23 (afl site)
« Reply #254 on: August 12, 2017, 06:45:38 PM »
Hamstrung Tiger could get back for R23

Dinny Navaratnam 
afl.com.au
August 12, 2017 6:08 PM

RICHMOND is hopeful of having midfielder Josh Caddy back for the final game of the home and away season after he suffered a left hamstring injury in the opening quarter of the Tigers' 14-point loss to Geelong at Simonds Stadium.

The former Cat kicked the opening goal of the game, but limped from the field late in the first term and went straight to the rooms.

He reappeared after the quarter-time break, but immediately put the tracksuit on and was ruled out for the remainder of the match.

Coach Damien Hardwick was optimistic Caddy would be available for the round 23 clash with St Kilda at the MCG.

"We think it's on the minor end. Obviously scans will verify that but we don't think it's too serious at this stage. Losing him in the first quarter was disappointing, he started off OK. We just hope he gets back within a couple of weeks," Hardwick said.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-08-12/caddy-done-for-the-day-with-hamstring-injury