Author Topic: Troy Chaplin [merged]  (Read 158415 times)

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
Re: Troy Chaplin [merged]
« Reply #1245 on: July 19, 2016, 09:53:39 PM »
Too many good blokes.

Not enough good footballers.

Good bloke hack Chaplin out, drug cheating indian bashing hurley in, thanks
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #1246 on: July 19, 2016, 10:19:28 PM »
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1247 on: July 19, 2016, 10:24:22 PM »
Thanks for the service Troy.  Players have to be honest with themselves & Troy was one of them fellows.

:gotigers

His body was gone & it was no secret he was in his last season.
Good luck with the coaching career l'm sure you will do great.

Now RFC please don't get anymore quick fix players. It's continues to prove it don't work.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #1248 on: July 19, 2016, 10:25:53 PM »
Absolutely.

Thanks.
Caracella and Balmey.

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #1249 on: July 20, 2016, 03:00:29 AM »
In this so called "amazing speech" I was waiting for an apology but sadly it never came. This is 12 min of my life I won't get back. ......but he's a good bloke.

The reality is he was shot before he arrived at Punt road, his body was already gone, something he admitted to all in this "awesome speech" I just watched. This would explain the reason he struggled to jump more than 2 inches off the ground when trying to spoil the ball but still doesn't explain the clubs incompetence in trading for a player already past his use by date. ..... But he's a good bloke.
I will say in his defence I think hes one of the best body blockers I've ever seen, could stick that arse in the path of opposition players like no other, which helped make Rances job a lot easier because of it.  :clapping ..... And he's a good bloke.

Fact remains that in your career most feats are forgotten in the light of greater efforts or performances come finals time. As good at arse blocking our man Troy was unfortunately he will be remembered for one thing and one thing only.......

......butt he's a good bloke!
The club that keeps giving.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1250 on: July 20, 2016, 03:56:02 AM »
‘I used to hate you as a coach’

Herald Sun
20 July 2016

RICHMOND defender Troy Chaplin has announced his retirement from the AFL, effective immediately.

Chaplin played 215 games, moving from Port Adelaide to Richmond as a free agent at the end of 2012.

He played eight games this year but hasn’t featured at senior level since Round 11 as the Tigers turn their focus to youth.

“The body’s just not been able to handle as well as what I would have liked this year, and as a result my form’s dropped off a fair bit and it’s probably a good time to be able to walk away,” Chaplin told his teammates on Tuesday.

“Mentally I’m still there but unfortunately the body just can’t will itself to do it any more.”

Chaplin thanked his parents, wife Lisa, coaches and staff in his farewell speech, and made a candid admission to Mark Williams, who coached him at Port and then moved to the Tigers as a development coach.

“I used to hate you as a coach,” Chaplin said to laughter from his teammates.

“I’d always ask myself why I do nine things out of 10 well and you’d show the one in the meeting. It used to frustrate the hell out of me.

“Once you left I realised how good you were, and you’ve had the biggest influence on my career.”
Troy Chaplin celebrates a goal against his old club in 2014.

Richmond football manager Dan Richardson described Chaplin as an “outstanding contributor”.

“He has been a fine role model for the playing group with his determination, professionalism and leadership,” Richardson said.

“Troy has always maintained a high standard of performance, highlighted by his top-three finish in the Jack Dyer Medal in 2013.”

“We are delighted that he has agreed to remain at the club in a coaching capacity. Troy has a great football brain and there is little doubt he has a bright future as a coach.”

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/richmond/richmond-defender-troy-chaplin-retires-from-afl/news-story/004c6e77c47e6387746994346e9e4f66

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #1251 on: July 20, 2016, 07:23:30 AM »
Ah you guys, you remind me of an old Mac Davis song I used to hear on the radio when I hear your constant diatribes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYKWch_MNY0
Lots of people name their swords......

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #1252 on: July 20, 2016, 11:12:27 AM »
Poor bastard has possibly a bright future as a coach but has to learn from the worst career ending coaching factories of all time. Good luck with your coaching career Troy.  :rollin
The club that keeps giving.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1253 on: July 20, 2016, 12:08:10 PM »
I thought he was pretty solid back in 2013 - as did many on this forum . Fished 3rd in the B & F that season.

It gradually deteriorated after that - looked really ordinary when Rance was out injured.

His legacy will always be tainted by that brain fart in the Elimination final . What was he thinking.  Unfortunately that stupid act was the turning point in that match.
Unleash the tornado

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #1254 on: July 20, 2016, 12:27:04 PM »
Single handly destroyed carrers of once promising astbury and elton
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1255 on: July 20, 2016, 01:19:24 PM »
He has had a good influence on Richmond players, how quickly we forget the great leadership crisis

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #1256 on: July 20, 2016, 01:33:53 PM »
He has had a good influence on Richmond players, how quickly we forget the great leadership crisis

Yep. Sure did steady the ship in those Elimination finals.

But that aside, you wouldnt meet a greater guy
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #1257 on: July 20, 2016, 01:41:58 PM »
He wasn't the worst but will be remembered as one of many whom were contributing parts to the lying, insipid culture of the RFC under dimmer.
Caracella and Balmey.

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1258 on: July 20, 2016, 01:53:23 PM »
Who can we substiitute for the other half of the Grigg/Chaplin and Chaplin Grigg rebuttal now?

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1259 on: July 20, 2016, 01:58:54 PM »
Who can we substiitute for the other half of the Grigg/Chaplin and Chaplin Grigg rebuttal now?

My educated guess is Conca.
Unleash the tornado