Author Topic: Shaun Grigg [merged]  (Read 180802 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Shaun Grigg [merged]
« Reply #405 on: January 02, 2013, 07:44:29 PM »
Grigg’s great growth
By Tony Greenberg
richmondfc.com.au
Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Shaun Grigg had a breakout year of league football in 2012.

After a promising first-up season at Richmond in 2011 (10th in the Jack Dyer Medal) following his trade from Carlton, where he’d spent four years, Grigg grew into one of the Tigers’ most important players.

The hard-running, left-foot midfielder played every game, averaging 25.5 disposals per match, and racking up a career-high 37 touches against Melbourne in Round 3.

The fact that Grigg didn’t dip below 20 disposals, in any match throughout season 2012, highlights just how influential he was.

Grigg was ranked No. 1 at the Club and No. 3 in the competition for uncontested possessions (411), No. 2 at the Club for effective disposals (429), No. 2 at the Club for totalmarks (133), No. 4 at the Club for total disposals (576), and No. 4 at the Club for inside-50 entries (91).

He also finished sixth on Richmond’s goalkicking list with 18 goals, which was further evidence of the significant progression he made in 2012. In his five previous seasons of AFL football, Grigg had managed a combined total of just 16 goals.

Read the full article at: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2013-01-02/griggs-great-growth

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #406 on: January 03, 2013, 11:35:05 AM »
Great asset to the ram this bloke, must win round 1 to prove that he made the right decision to move! MUST WIN!!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #407 on: January 17, 2013, 09:41:08 PM »

gerkin greg

« Reply #408 on: January 17, 2013, 11:40:40 PM »
Wouldn't be in Carlton's best 22

gerkin greg

« Reply #409 on: January 17, 2013, 11:41:06 PM »
LMFAO

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #410 on: January 19, 2013, 04:39:45 PM »
Grigg’s great move

By Adrian Ceddia
richmondfc.com.au
Friday, January 18, 2013

Shaun Grigg of the Tigers in action during the AFL Round 17 match between the Richmond Tigers and the North Melbourne Kangaroos at the MCG, Melbourne. (Photo: Michael Willson/AFL Media)

He’s only been at Tigerland for a short time, but it’s hard to think of Shaun Grigg in anything but the famous Yellow and Black colours.

The hard-running midfielder has risen to another level in the past two seasons, after spending four inconsistent seasons at Carlton.

He has already matched the same number of games at his new Club (43) than he did when he was on the Blues’ list, in exactly half the time.

A rise in confidence, and time spent sharpening some areas of his game, saw the 24-year-old finish fifth in the Jack Dyer Medal, and win the Club’s Most Improved Player award in 2012.

Read the full article here: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2013-01-18/griggs-great-move-

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #411 on: March 29, 2013, 03:51:48 AM »
Has he ever sprinted when he didn't think he was gonna get a cheap possie? Needs to pull his head out

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #412 on: March 29, 2013, 10:41:05 AM »
Has he ever sprinted when he didn't think he was gonna get a cheap possie? Needs to pull his head out
He goes alright, every club needs players like that. The type that gets paid no respect so they run free gathering loose possies. Needs to become more damaging still, thinking back to how he went about business against Sydney last season.

Gigantor

« Reply #413 on: March 29, 2013, 10:43:52 AM »
Does anyone in opposition teams actually notice him out there?..he sits out on those wings like he has the Ebola virus.nobody comes near him.
Although i didnt rate his game last night thought he didnt influence the game much at all

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #414 on: March 29, 2013, 10:44:08 AM »
Thought he was poor last night. Would actually drop him based on last night's "effort" but no point in even suggesting it as he is a favourite  ;D

The thing he usually brings is gut running, was very flat footed last night and his disposal was poor maybe because he was under more pressure than usual
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 12:26:36 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #415 on: March 29, 2013, 11:47:21 AM »
I also thought grigg was not good. Did some soft things.

I did not bring up his name as a potential change because he had alot of ball.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #416 on: March 29, 2013, 06:48:33 PM »
Wish he could kick the ball further than he does higher

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #417 on: March 29, 2013, 07:36:59 PM »
He goes alright, every club needs players like that. The type that gets paid no respect so they run free gathering loose possies. Needs to become more damaging still, thinking back to how he went about business against Sydney last season.

Its more when his 5 meters away from an opponent but stops running cause he ceebs tackling

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tigers' maturity will soon get acid test: Grigg (afl site)
« Reply #418 on: April 06, 2013, 12:59:41 PM »
Tigers' maturity will soon get acid test: Grigg
By Nathan Schmook
afl.com.au
Saturday, April 6, 2013

Midfielder Shaun Grigg said the Tigers were gaining confidence late in tight games.

"I think we've matured and we've got things in place that we can rely on," Grigg said.

"Our structures are pretty sound, so we were just rapt to take on the Saints, who are a formidable team, and get the win.

"I was very confident all of that last quarter that we were going to win.

"We've put in a lot of hard work over the off-season and we think we've improved. To get the two wins is a good little reward."

While they fell short in some key indicators (the Saints won the centre clearances 19-9) Grigg said the Tigers were at their best when there was an even list of midfield contributors.

"We didn't have anyone really down and we didn't have anyone who really starred either," he said.

"It's another good sign for us, a good consistent effort.

"We can rely on anyone to do a job for us now and we don't feel like we're carrying anyone.

"Everyone's chipping in and knows their roles, so it's working well."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-04-06/tigers-maturity-to-be-tested

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #419 on: April 27, 2013, 08:31:58 AM »
Lets be really honest here can this bloke really take us where we want to go. I find him a good depth player that's about it.

tell me what does he providein a tight contest?

The bloke can't pressure opponents if his life depended on it, his floating kicks are VFL standard and he seems extremely slow.

I understand that's  his role to play an uncontested game but when the going gets tough he goes missing.

I'd put him on a 1 year deal at the end of this year if his 3 year deal is up.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.