Author Topic: Jayden Short [merged]  (Read 177019 times)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Re: Jayden Short [merged]
« Reply #945 on: May 05, 2024, 10:11:53 PM »
He will be the first I'll trade living on his past.
Disagree mate he is now exactly what he has been in the past.  In the past we won and many were blinded by this.

not sure i agree with this. He has become average and for that i agree, but i thought he was a good player when we were winning flags.

His b&f year was sensational IMO through diversity after losing his dad and moving away from his family

Sorry i dont mind some of your posts but in this one, you cant say he has been poor his whole career?

Not for me, but each to their own.

Yeah nah ol' claw's actually right on this one I'm afraid FJ...most overrated player on the list and arguably in our club's history.....by coaches & supporters alike....been pointing this out for years much to the annoyance of his many admirers, fanboys and apologists and what everyone is only just seeing now is what I've always seen.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #946 on: May 05, 2024, 10:23:53 PM »
X2

The deficiencies on display have always been there, just being highly exposed now because we're such a pitiful side.

Do understand his role in our good sides and he did play some good footy, no doubt. But highly overrated beyond belief
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #947 on: May 05, 2024, 10:28:55 PM »
Yep...looks good in good sides (and still think he's better forward of the ball)....that's why a club in their "window" would probably give us something decent for him........ :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #948 on: May 05, 2024, 11:11:24 PM »
Yep...looks good in good sides (and still think he's better forward of the ball)....that's why a club in their "window" would probably give us something decent for him........ :shh

We have had our differences on things and thats great. On this bloke we agree and i reckon you would be surprised on how much we agree on.

Question if you were at a club bringing in oppo players what would you be prepared to give up for him.
Personally he is not the type i would be wanting to bring into my club and would never consider him.
He just panics and does not use the ball well enough for such an outside player. Yeah he may kick it 50 or 60 metres but it is rarely to advantage but boy do the ferals jump on this.

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #949 on: May 06, 2024, 11:12:30 PM »
Was a typical 28 soft disposal game with so little impact on the game.
Time to let Brown or Smith or one of the kids when they come in to pad their stats up and let them take the kick ins.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #950 on: May 07, 2024, 07:27:17 AM »
I've defended this bloke over time but after Sunday I cannot excuse the inexcusable

I posted on another thread

His half hearted effort in the 3rd which cost us a goal when we had the momentum was unforgivable

I'd drop him this week without hesitation

He's the VC, time to make a statement and say efforts like that won't be tolerated especially from our "leaders"
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Tiger_In_Sicily

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #951 on: May 07, 2024, 06:48:13 PM »
I've defended this bloke over time but after Sunday I cannot excuse the inexcusable

His half hearted effort in the 3rd which cost us a goal when we had the momentum was unforgivable

He's the VC, time to make a statement and say efforts like that won't be tolerated especially from our "leaders"
Took your time but at least you finally worked it out.
Shouldn't play again
« Last Edit: May 07, 2024, 07:17:44 PM by Tiger_In_Sicily »

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #952 on: May 07, 2024, 07:12:27 PM »

Put him on the table for me trade week.

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #953 on: May 08, 2024, 08:21:05 PM »

Put him on the table for me trade week.

Won't get much, as i asked before would you trade for him if in charge of another club. I most certainly would not even if he came for free.

Everytime he goes under the radar and keeps his spot means quite literally that a kid does not get much needed experience at the level in the role
Given where we are at he is literally taking games off kids imo..

As a defender where is he in the pecking order. There are probably ten players we could play across hb including shortsteps. You work it out,
Me i think we should be going with Miller, Balta, and Gibcus as our future tall set up down back. The mediums and smalls should be Brown,Trezise, Smith with Vlastuin and  Broad all before Short that is clearly the way we should be going.
How simple would it be to roll Rioli to a wing and for that matter even Nathan Broad as a defensive wing fixing the wing problems in one easy swoop allowing some of our most promising kids to play hb in their natural roles.

Yes he is taking games off kids and if we have better long term defensive options needing games, then you have to ask where else do we play Shortsteps.
So tell me what other role can he play and who is he better than at it??

Do the exercise and it become very clear that he is surplus to needs.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #954 on: May 08, 2024, 10:22:54 PM »
The contending clubs would fall over themselves to get him if we put him on the table....he's an icing on the cake player whose flaws a really good side can cover and looks pretty when you're flying............ :shh

- Thomas Sowell