Author Topic: Balmey on 3aw  (Read 1137 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Balmey on 3aw
« on: July 05, 2020, 02:57:35 PM »
Balmey on 3aw just now:

* I've got some fancy title now but it just means I'm one of the silly old bastards not going to Gold Coast.

* Balmey said he went to Benny Gale late last year and said to elevate Blair Hartley and Tim Livingstone because he was afraid we'd lose them to other clubs.

* Still involved in things but not as much as I was when I was footy general manager which is annoying (thanks to covid).

* Very challenging for the players given the uncertainty. As Dimma said we've got to understand our system and playing to it rather than focusing on things you wouldn't normally do.

* Expected us to handle this situation better than most but it's only been a few weeks and we can get things right. Going away as a group will help the team with organising our system.

* Dimma said all the right things about going to the moon to play. However when Cotch is asked about his family he was honest but that's not what he meant regarding hubs. When Cotch is focussed on footy he is focussed on footy and when he is focussed on his family he is focussed on his family. You can be focussed on different things at different times. We've always worked with player's different needs.

* Club heads up tomorrow (Monday). A couple won't go. Younger guys who won't get a game. It would be a waste of time for them. They will stay in Melbourne with trainers and focus on their own development. We're going up to Qld to win.

* Why did Bolton, Stack & Pickett get dropped? We've been so unpredictable in the way we've played over the past couple of weeks, we've got to go back and get the basics right before we bring in the 'finishers' like those three. Balmey said he'd play those guys every week otherwise.

* It's going to harder for those in the scratch matches later in the year. Right now it's not a problem. 14-v-14 means there's more space than a usual match. It's good to watch but they do do a lot of running.

* The boys are looking forward to head up to the Gold Coast.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Balmey on 3aw
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2020, 03:54:03 PM »
pee off crows. https://www.sen.com.au/news/2020/08/26/key-richmond-figure-on-radar-of-other-clubs/

does anyone know why balmey has taken a back seat?

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2020, 04:37:04 PM »
I know you don't read it Frankie

But there is a discussion about this going on in the AFLW thread

This is very mischievous reporting by Caro

It was all explained near the end of 2019

I will try and find it all and merge it together

Discussion on the AFLW thread starts here
http://oneeyed-richmond.com/forum/index.php?topic=26286.msg682108#msg682108
« Last Edit: August 27, 2020, 05:26:29 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2020, 04:42:35 PM »

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2020, 05:23:56 PM »
And here is the original announcement from the CLub about the Footy Dept changes
====================================================

Tigers make structural changes to football department

By richmondfc.com.au on Nov 21, 2019, 4:59pm

Richmond football department staff Tim Livingstone and Blair Hartley have been promoted to senior management roles under structural changes announced by the Club today.

“We have been considering the increasing complexity of our football program, in conjunction with other challenges facing the business, and how best to align resources to continue to deliver us the strongest possible results on and off the field,” Richmond CEO Brendon Gale said.

“Nothing is more important than winning games of football and our broader business and facilities need to create the conditions to deliver that outcome for our members and supporters. This philosophy has underpinned what we have built in recent years.

“We can’t stand still as a Club and with this in mind we have made some adjustments that reflect our priorities, while also recognising the excellence, experience and skill set of those inside our football program.

“As a result, Tim Livingstone has been promoted to General Manager – Football Performance and Blair Hartley has been promoted to General Manager – Football Talent. Both Tim and Blair will be a part of the Club’s senior management team.

“These promotions are recognition of the excellent job both Tim and Blair have done managing our football performance and list build. It is also a reflection of their continued development under the wonderful guidance of Neil Balme.

“Neil has made a significant contribution to our Club since returning in late 2016. His experience and judgement has allowed those around him to thrive. His value to the business extends far beyond football and these promotions will allow us to use his skill set more broadly in the role of Senior Club Advisor.

“While Neil will remain heavily involved in football, this structural change will free him up him to support broader business challenges, including the next iteration of our masterplan, business development and stakeholder engagement.”

Balme said he was looking forward to his expanded role.

“The needs of any business change and while I will still be involved in football, I’m looking forward to working closely with Brendon to deliver outcomes that will meet the needs of the business well into the future,” Balme said.

“I have watched Tim Livingstone and Blair Hartley develop into experienced football administrators in their own right and it makes perfect sense for them to step up into more senior roles.”

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/308714/tigers-make-structural-changes-to-football-department

And here is the link to the OER thread about it
http://oneeyed-richmond.com/forum/index.php?topic=29694.0

Key point is the announcement/change  was made pre COVID

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2020, 08:26:09 PM »
haha i have girls WP, im warming to female sports. Thanks WP no i never saw it. So balmy said he was looking forward to the new role? Do we believe him?

Hope he stays, but a spot in an aflw club vrs a new challenge post covid with a bottom club. We shall see.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2020, 09:43:37 PM »
Having listened to him many times this year pre COVID, Including chatting with him at a couple of AFLW games I believe him

And if people think he still isn't involved in the AFL side of things you would be mistaken

People will come a knocking but I reckon he's not going anywhere

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2020, 10:02:13 PM »
Hope so

Aflw is good for me as long as he hangs around