Author Topic: 2010 Betting odds - Tigers 15th  (Read 843 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
2010 Betting odds - Tigers 15th
« on: September 28, 2009, 04:25:51 PM »
AFL Premiership 2010 Odds - Luxbet.com

Geelong      3.75
St Kilda       4.00
W.Bulldogs  7.00
Hawthorn     8.00
Adelaide      9.00
Collingwood  13
Carlton         16
Brisbane       21
----------------------   
Essendon      34
Port Adelaide 34
Fremantle      51
Sydney          51
West Coast    51
North Melb     81
Richmond     101
Melbourne    126

https://www.luxbet.com/index.php?cPath=1413&event_id=ALL&market_type_id=-&rd=1254118711#go_

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: 2010 Betting odds - Tigers 15th
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2009, 04:55:08 PM »
Not much value there. One might expect Adelaide to make the 4. Expect Port to improve. I wouldn't be surprised if West Coast made the 8.

That book is running at about 125%. I don't know if it is taxes, but pommy bookmakers seem to run closer to 110%. I honestly don't know why anyone would use a service like Luxbet when Betfair exists (and now supports multibets)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2009, 07:10:20 PM »
Every year since the top 8 was introduced a top 4 side has crashed out of the finals the following year. This year it was Hawthorn albeit due to injuries. You'd expect Geelong to still be up there next year. Who out of the Doggies, Saints and Pies will crash? The Saints had a dream run with injuries this year. If cry baby's knee makes him miss a number of games and opposition clubs sit down over summer and pick apart Lyon's strangling gameplan it could surprisingly be them.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2009, 07:15:18 PM »
Every year since the top 8 was introduced a top 4 side has crashed out of the finals the following year. This year it was Hawthorn albeit due to injuries. You'd expect Geelong to still be up there next year. Who out of the Doggies, Saints and Pies will crash? The Saints had a dream run with injuries this year. If cry baby's knee makes him miss a number of games and opposition clubs sit down over summer and pick apart Lyon's strangling gameplan it could surprisingly be them.

Lyon looked drained after the game, as could be expected, but he looked like a beaten man himself. He said some quite strong things about next years push and getting rid of people who weren't up for it but he looked absolutely spent. Anything could happen, they could lose 10 games or lose none, its too hard to predict.

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2009, 07:15:56 PM »
who cares!

i do not think the 2010 Premiership will be won by Richmond!

not sure about making the finals in 2010 to!

:)

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2009, 01:03:18 AM »
$101 is a fair indication of where our list is at but how can Freo be paying $51 ?

What makes them double the chance we are ?
Unleash the tornado

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2009, 10:20:19 PM »
I expect the Pies to drop out of the top 4. Horribly exposed during the finals and now with Buckley waiting in the wings the winds of change are upon the Lexus Centre and Mickey's message will begin to lose its impact once Bucks puts his imprint on the list and I for one can't wait. 
Hawks will be back into the top four. Could be the same top four as 2008.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2009, 10:28:11 PM »
lets hope we end up as far off expectations as we did in 2009! :shh
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2009, 10:56:26 PM »
Geelong     
St Kilda       
W.Bulldogs 
West Coast
Sydney   
Adelaide   
Collingwood 
Hawthorn
----------------------   
Richmond
Brisbane
Port Adelaide
North Melb
Essendon
Carlton
Fremantle     
Melbourne   

It's a long way out, but there is my ladder for 2010.

There's a few roughies in the top 8 namely Sydney, but I fully expect Geelong, St Kilda and the Western Bulldogs to get inside the top 8 SOMEWHERE.

Adelaide should be good enough with there consistency to get in as with Hawthorn If they have a good run with the injuries. Hawthorn had a terrible run with injuries this year and only just missed out, so they are a real chance to get back in.

West Coast showed me enough towards the end of the season that they are moving well in the right direction they look better than anyone else who is in the bottom 8 so I reckon they just might get in there and if they really do well could go mid top 8.

Collingwood will make it, IF, they get Fevola, Buckley will have a positive influence much like Voss with Brisbane had this year. Sydney is my smokey to make the top 8.

Carlton will crash without the p1sshead, Brisbane's honeymoon with voss will be over. North Melbourne could be the big mover in the bottom 8. It's all a guess but that is how I see it at the moment. Trade week will be interesting.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2009, 11:12:44 PM by Rodgerramjet »
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2009, 11:11:08 PM »
I'm tipping the Hawks to win next year.