Author Topic: NAB Cup 2009: Freo at Subi  (Read 15925 times)

richmondrules

Re: NAB Cup 2009: Freo at Subi
« Reply #180 on: February 16, 2009, 08:00:56 AM »
:rollin @ not 20 play on Fwoy. with ya there son  :help

Agree. That didn't add anything to the game. How fast does the damn game need to be?

Commentators were raving about the new rushed behind rule too. I'm in two minds. Ok, it had the desired effect and worked quite well but we have had rushed behinds for over 100 years, part of the game. I don't see the big deal. We'll look back at the games played last century and we will discover the players are playing something completely different. Our children won't understand the rules when they watch Bartlett and Hart carve it up in '73 / '74. Historically the old VFL and new AFL could be looked at as to completely different games. Is this a good thing?

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #181 on: February 16, 2009, 09:20:54 AM »
As I said in the other thread I thought it was a diabolical performance. Richo was sensational. Riewoldt is now coming along very very nicely. Morton & Brown need to kick some goals in each game for us to win. Post looks like he has potential but Hughes is a real worry, Bowden not being able to kick backwards or rush behinds was found out ... there were to many disappointing performances for mine. Anyway we move through to round 2, hopefully we can show some significant improvement.

If we were diabolical then St. Kilda, the Bulldogs, Brisbane and West Coast should be demoted to their state competitions.

I saw good signs, Edwards will be a gun. Whitey and Jacko got plenty of the ball, but need to use it better. Graham looks like he'll be at least useful if Simmo gets injured. Nahas is going to play round 1, he's exactly what we need. Polo showed some good, but some bad.

Newman is everything Bowden should be, this is why Bowden has never been captain. Newman is reliable and hard working. Bowden continues to butcher the ball as a veteran.

The one real negative for me was Tambling. That play early on when he grabbed it and took an eternity and was tackled was very frustrating. Now with our depth, he can't be gifted games and must earn them.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Ramps

« Reply #182 on: February 16, 2009, 09:41:47 AM »
A couple of others well to use Ramps favourite word of the weekend - diabolical ;D
 :gotigers

Look if it wasnt for me the words farcical and diabolical would have been taken out of the english language, Im just doing my bit for the literature of the planet  ;D

Ramps

« Reply #183 on: February 16, 2009, 09:44:20 AM »
Just on another matter, Hughes was very disapppointing, its time to give some new kid a go. Dean Putt should be given a chance and Vickery to at some stage. We need to find a tall forward, and Putt whose been around now for a while needs to be given a chance.

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #184 on: February 16, 2009, 09:48:40 AM »
Good post Wayne I agree with most of that.

I thought Jacko's game was great, I thought his second efforts and disposal was superb (apart from one or two times in the last quarter).  I thought Whitey was a bit off his usual standard though.

I thought our mids played well with Foley, Lids, Polo and Jackson having very good games and with other great performances from Richo, Jack, Edwards and Morton.  Apart from the umpires which were woeful in paying 50/50's in their favour and then similar 50/50's against us I am not too sure how we put in such an ordinary performance.

But as others have said it was only a glorified practice match and we got the win.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #185 on: February 16, 2009, 12:05:42 PM »
Damn right about those stupid stuffing umpires (or as my son used to call them when he was young vampires) fair dinkum useless, if that is the standard we expect for the year then we are in for a crap year of umpiring calls. Good win but not great, great comeback though, I don't know why everyone bags Gus and says how he will never make it, I thought his tap work was excellent. I really focused on watching him and I thought he actually tapped the ball to our midfielders more than Simmo did. Raines was great too as were the usuall suspects. I really can't make my mind up about Hughes..  not sure if he really want's to play because he doesn't look like it.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Online torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #186 on: February 16, 2009, 12:38:17 PM »
As I said in the other thread I thought it was a diabolical performance. Richo was sensational. Riewoldt is now coming along very very nicely. Morton & Brown need to kick some goals in each game for us to win. Post looks like he has potential but Hughes is a real worry, Bowden not being able to kick backwards or rush behinds was found out ... there were to many disappointing performances for mine. Anyway we move through to round 2, hopefully we can show some significant improvement.

If we were diabolical then St. Kilda, the Bulldogs, Brisbane and West Coast should be demoted to their state competitions.

I saw good signs, Edwards will be a gun. Whitey and Jacko got plenty of the ball, but need to use it better. Graham looks like he'll be at least useful if Simmo gets injured. Nahas is going to play round 1, he's exactly what we need. Polo showed some good, but some bad.

Newman is everything Bowden should be, this is why Bowden has never been captain. Newman is reliable and hard working. Bowden continues to butcher the ball as a veteran.

The one real negative for me was Tambling. That play early on when he grabbed it and took an eternity and was tackled was very frustrating. Now with our depth, he can't be gifted games and must earn them.

100% agree!

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #187 on: February 16, 2009, 12:43:50 PM »
I really can't make my mind up about Hughes..  not sure if he really want's to play because he doesn't look like it.

With you there WAT, I kept an eye on him (not hard to miss with the shaved head) and in the first half it looked like he tried to get involved by dishing off a few handballs.  He also got a few bad deliveries after he had made good leads but in the whole you can see where the "needs to extract the digit" calls originate from.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #188 on: February 16, 2009, 01:31:02 PM »
Look if it wasnt for me the words farcical and diabolical would have been taken out of the english language, Im just doing my bit for the literature of the planet  ;D
KB this morning agreed with you Ramps. He said the first half was "unwatchable" because of all the handball - "just kick the bloody thing".

Ox

« Reply #189 on: February 16, 2009, 01:58:11 PM »
stuffen ****sucking ,Dog umpies !!!!!!! :banghead :banghead :banghead

How many 9 pointers did they bring inside 50 for the freo fools.??:banghead

Talk about being in awe of the home state and it's support.
These guys need to start having sex with women.

Richo is God,
Jacko was good - people need to get off his case.
Bowden was embarrassing.
Embarrassing because he gets a game moreso than how sh it he is
Morton is great and will work well with Cuzzy.
Edwards is smart and a great kick.
White - is there a faster runner in the comp?
blah blah.....
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 05:35:52 PM by one-eyed »

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #190 on: February 16, 2009, 02:21:03 PM »

Richo is God

I think that all Tigers fans should start leaving this in paint all over the city in the same way that Londoners wrote Clapton is god.

Online torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #191 on: February 16, 2009, 02:36:41 PM »
as "MT" said, if those nine-point goals were not involved ... the scores would be ...

Fremantle      5.2 (32)      7.4 (46)      7.8 (50)      10.11 (71)
Richmond       2.5 (17)      4.5 (29)      9.5 (59)      13.8 (86)

Goals: Richardson 3.1, Morton 3.0, Brown 3.0, Riewoldt 2.2, Nahas 1.0, Hughes 1.0

Foley          33 (11/22)    8 cl    4 t
Jackson       29 (14/15)    3 m    6 t
Deledio        29 (12/17)    3 m    7 cl
Raines         27 (11/16)    3 m
Richardson   25 (15/10)    9 m                       (3.1)
Tuck           24 (13/11)    4 m    3 t     5 cl     (0.1)

(cl: Clearances, t: Tackles, m: Marks, (0.0): Goals.Behinds)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #192 on: February 16, 2009, 04:22:42 PM »
stuffen ****sucking ,Dog umpies !!!!!!! :banghead :banghead :banghead

How many 9 pointers did they bring inside 50 for the freo fools.??:banghead

Talk about being in awe of the home state and it's support.
These guys need to start having sex with women.

Richo is God,
Jacko was good - people need to get off his case.
Bowden was embarrassing.
Embarrassing because he gets a game moreso than how sh it he is
Morton is great and will work well with Cuzzy.
Edwards is smart and a great kick.
White - is there a faster runner in the comp?
blah blah.....

for the first time in history i actually agree with 100% of what u have said.

Really loved Edwards, Jackson and Morton last night.

Bowden was for the tip last night and Tambling is our next JON.

Some of you dont want to believe it but he is NOT in our best 22
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 05:28:40 PM by one-eyed »
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #193 on: February 16, 2009, 05:27:28 PM »
Contact between Fremantle's Antoni Grover and Richmond's Dean Polo from the third quarter of Sunday's game was assessed.

It was the view of the panel that Grover contested the ball in a marking contest, with the aim to spoil the ball. Grover made contact with the ball in the first instance, before following through and making contact with Polo. The Panel deemed the action to be a legitimate spoil and no further action was required.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/default.aspx?newsid=72170

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #194 on: February 16, 2009, 05:30:52 PM »
Polo has also appeared to have stepped up - I'm very excited about this! If he can earn his way into our increasingly potent midfield then we have another feather tp place in our cap.

Foley is back to his best and Lids, White, Jackson, Tuck and even Cousins will benefit from him taking the tag for them every week. You never know one, two or even three of the others may step up so much that opposition teams start to struggle with who they choose to tag each week. This is the sign of a truly good midfield lineup if this occurs.

Jackson is strong, quick and determined but he just needs to not panic, give himself an extra half a second before he desposes of the ball and his skills will seem much smoother.

Riewoldt was a huge plus for the game as was Raines though he is still too predictable for my liking.

The reason why we had so many 'Not 20m' calls last night is because this is how we have been drilled to beat the zone, with short accurate kicks. The papers decleared we were the team zoning last night but Freo used it too. Kicking long into a zone is footy suicide.

Richo.... :clapping

Bowden  :banghead

Gus finally showed promise.

Hughes  ??? Maybe we need to give Putt, Post or Vickery a go in the FF position because Cleve just doesn't know how to lead, shake a defender and get the ball. He can kick but he is just taking up space at the moment.

Nahas could be good. Looking forward to seeing more of him though the commentators loved using his name such as 'Godd to see Richmond kick goals out of Nahas...etc' which was amusing.  :D

We love to win tight games of late but I would love to see more spankings given out this year than tight tussels please Richmond.  :pray

Stripes