Author Topic: SPINE'S OPINION ON ALL THINGS RICHMOND AND THE DRAFTS GONE AND COMING UP.  (Read 1565 times)

Offline spine

• Tiger Rookie
SPINE'S OPINION ON ALL THINGS RICHMOND AND THE DRAFTS GONE AND COMING UP.

Saturday was a wonderful day. Australia's new slogan should be:

Australia as it should be: Labor in Power and the Richmond football club challenging for premierships again:   

I am an avid watcher of Under 18 football and Both Rance and Cotchin were in my top 6.   To get Rance at 18, was the best surprise for a long time. Clubs that passed on him, (HAWTHORN, SYDNEY, W.B) WILL rue the day forever. 

Rance is a standout F.B of this generation, I spoke to Miller on a number of occasions and said this bloke was better than Glass at the same age. He is the complete shutdown Full back we have lacked since - god only knows. Rance is like a shutdown corner in the NFL. You can do so many more things knowing you have a rock back there. Rance is a tough kid, not frightened to smack a bloke off the ball, or squirrel grip a player playing well.   ASK MARIC ABOUT THE BACKHANDER. 

West Coast as they have Glass can push their Wingman and HBa little more forward of the ball, we can now. We can match up against anyside, the stoppage kings and the POWER FORWARD - clubs of the world.

Pick 19 - I think I am the only person I know - that was rapt with the McMahon signing. It releases Newman in the middle, and allows McMahon to get the 5 - 6th best forward in the game. McMahon despite being small in stature is a little tougher than you think. HE IS Another LEADER TOO. A GOOD ONE.

We missed on Selwood, The younger Selwood = Daniel Jackson Notte (12 kilos wringing wet)   and Callum Ward who can't kick. I was not at all impressed with him or McEvoy at the champs. McMahon - is 24. But the way he plays is realistically '22' with 100 games of AFL under his belt. McMahon is a great get, as is Morton at 35. Think of McMahon as our Leon Cameron - I would have preferred McMahon than David Myers who went at 6. 
DEAN PUTT - Will not be a ruckmen, but will be a similar player to Paul Salmon. He is quick, Reminds me of Clint Bizzell with his marking (great grab) and has won a premiership (Calder) knows how to win big games.

I am rapt we did not select Morton. He is not a leader of men, is quiet and our group needs more extroverts as we know. Morton is seriously outside, and with Casserley, Oakley - Nicholls developing why get another utility?

From here: PSD - Gourdis - I had Gourdis in my top 20. Is tough and the similarity to Fanklin (hopefully not offield) is there. Is tough. Can be a Defender I reckon.

I would drop either Hyde or Moore of the list now. In the PSD - I would take 2 players: Gourdis and Guy Richards. Why Richards? 24 played in a good program, and will save us 500,000 in development costs.   Richards can ruck, Simmo and Patto rotate out of the square / FP. ALLOWS GRAHAM, PUTT time to get stronger.

So Moore off the list: PSD 1: Gourdis: PSD 2 = chf /fb: Richards. Ruck.

ROOKIES: We can not get any Jeremy Humm's here.   ;) 

ROOKIE 1: Jarrod Silvestor: Will not be there in round 2. Kanga's keen, as are Port Adelaide. Allows Rance 2 years to mature. GOOD PLAYER SILVESTOR. With Polak will get gorialls. Thursfield and McGuane to get the 3rd tall and most dangerous small forward respectively.

ROOKIE 2: Paddy McGinnity: I love this bloke. Had him top 25. Good tagger, Cotchin wants him at Richmond. 

Rookie 3: A surprise here: Steven Foster - Coburg Tigers Reserves. Geez - Jamie Charman like attributes, taller than Jamie. Tough / Crash and bash. Winner of award in grand final. Knows how to play well in big games. Keep Coburg interested. 

Rookie 4: Simon Phillips / Joe Gazzo. As Gerry Gee 'Pelchan' says. Nearly the last thing on the shopping list. I like Phillips, was good as was Swallow in the 05 carnival. Gazzo - is a favourite, howver being only one sided will hurt. O.K Phillips for me. Dangerous - will be a similar get to Rhan Hooper (who I love for defensive pressure). Phillips has been in a good program, and will come back home. A DANGEROUS / SMALL DEFENSIVE FOWARD IS A MUST.

You may have to swap Rookie 3 and 4 around. Phillips might not be there in round 4.

We should get 2 more ruckmen: Richards and Foster and it is a position we will not have to worry about for 10 years.

Player Concerns: Meyer(Last chance) Schulz (I dislike Shulz and he is dumb.) Real dumb. Will make it in Defense or not at all. Hughes: Soft: Needs to smack bodies, not prance around like a Vogue model (a women) . I like Oakley - Nicholls. He was not a wasted pick. He will be a damn good player. Rest assured on that.

I am not racist, but no - more aboriginals now. They are hit or miss. Cyril Rioli is a big ? from the Dawks, I doubt he makes it.

A wonderful day - was Saturday. Nearly fainted after Rance was a Tiger. Mark his name down as a vital cog in Richmond's premiership successes.  :cheers   

No more - disrespecting our players. McMahon is good, Morton is good and our ability to get players to come to us after a wooden spoon year says wonders.
We missed nothing on giving up pick 19. Nothing. Selwood is just a player, Notte = a piece of spaghetti and Ward = pick 40 - 50 on my list. 

Great to see everybody happy. Richmond supporters are the best in the land. And when we are happy all together we can move and make the AFL take notice of a club - who is just coming out of hibernation.

THE LIGER IS BORN: L STANDING FOR LABOR:

:)Keep positive and buy your membership now as ther tigers are a comin... and comin... for the next decade.

SPINE:

Offline spine

• Tiger Rookie
Re: SPINE'S OPINION ON ALL THINGS RICHMOND AND THE DRAFTS GONE AND COMING UP.
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2007, 10:37:32 PM »
No Gaertner - Can't kick and is a pea heart.

NO Arrowsmith = just a pea heart.  Tivendale and Hughes are hercules compared to this curly haired softy... Pink Marshmellow is no longer Miller it is Arrowsmith. 

Both players are softer than the Meadow Lea institute.

Offline spine

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2007, 10:38:20 PM »
Carlscum will take Gourdis at 2 in PSD. Take Gourdis and Richards PSD: Drop Moore of list. DON'T DARE LETS CARLSCUM GET GOURDIS HERE. If Miller wants Richards (Get him with 2nd pick in PSD) Drop Moore / or Hyde off the list. And or both.   Don't get Cam Howat again = soft / dud.

Silvestor: r1

Paddy McGinnity / AARON JOSEPH r2.

Rookie 3: A surprise here: Steven Foster - Coburg Tigers Reserves.

Rookie 4: Simon Phillips / Joe Gazzo. As Gerry Gee 'Pelchan' says. Nearly the last thing on the shopping list.

Offline spine

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2007, 10:42:05 PM »
Ryan Hobbs - Geez I like the way he attacked the footy for the countries in the carnival. Was the only Power forward who had the W.A side looking around a bit in all 3 games. Played well and kicked 2 long goals.

Gourdis > than Hobbs but if we pick up both in the PSD or Rookie draft our spine is set and (read my post on PSD picks and the like) and Ruckmen will be solved for a decade or more.

Do it Miller and Jackson.   

2008 National draft - KEEP A CLOSE EYE ON THESE 2 PLAYERS.
Michael Hurley (VM) Gun Spine player.

Chris Yarran. (W.A) Think Motlop, Steve Johnson, Alan Didak all in one. 

Would love 2 first round picks next year to select these boys.

Woah... My head is spinning at our developing side coming through.

Both of these players are better than Naitanui, Rich et.al... by a very long way in my opinion. 

Hurley is a future Stephen Kernahan type. And a future Captain. 

I love Hurley nearly as much as I loved Rance this season.  ;D 

One down One to go... Do it Miller / Jackson.

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2007, 06:10:30 AM »
look who is back and now calls jimself spine  ::)

and btw nothing good about labor winning the election

we now have 2 monkeys running the country

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2007, 09:15:33 AM »

and btw nothing good about labor winning the election

we now have 2 monkeys running the country
:rollin :rollin X you mean one Monkey and one Ranga! Time will tell, but if Rudd plans to shaft the medical safety net as he proposed, with my wife and sons illnesses we will be in deep pooh!

Edited by tiga and moved to the more appropriate election thread because sport and politics do not mix!
« Last Edit: November 27, 2007, 12:39:51 PM by tiga »

Offline Obelix

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2007, 09:52:37 AM »
Try singing that and watch your avatar at the same time :)

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2007, 10:11:22 AM »
Try singing that and watch your avatar at the same time :)
Little Tiga is Dancing for Cotchin, Rance & Putt and nobody else!!