Author Topic: Bachar Houli [merged]  (Read 335540 times)

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Bachar Houli [merged]
« Reply #1305 on: September 09, 2017, 03:33:29 AM »
Credit where's it due. Like a few of his teammates, Houli had his best game for the Club IMHO. Didn't shirk the contest, took a number of important intercept marks and used the ball well. No brainfades or coughing up the ball under physical pressure either which he has been criticised for in the past.

Yep, and importantly wore a couple of big hits he knew were coming. Great to see him stand up

THIS!! Was saying it all night.

Guys really stood up to the pressure tonight and I finally believe...

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1306 on: September 09, 2017, 07:57:49 AM »
Played well last night and this should be the minimum as i didn't see him pull out of a contest  :clapping

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #1307 on: September 09, 2017, 08:03:03 AM »
Possibly his best game for the quality of ball - lauched us repeatedly from half back, didnt swuib it, took the game on and generlly chose the right option.

"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1308 on: September 09, 2017, 08:14:07 AM »
He must be wrapped with his move to Richmond now. Looking back at the druggos and all they've gone though and now he is in a preliminary final.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #1309 on: September 10, 2017, 02:38:59 PM »
Actually didn't shyte himself in a final ....now can he manage it three times in a row?
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1310 on: September 20, 2017, 07:09:42 PM »
Spotswood's role in the quest for an AFL premiership

Star Weekly
20 September 2017

Spotswood Football Club will be torn on Saturday when two of its former juniors battle it out for a spot in the AFL grand final.

Richmond half-back flanker Bachar Houli and GWS Giants midfielder Callan Ward learned their trade in the green and gold at McLean Reserve before going on to play for Western Jets in the TAC Cup and then getting drafted.

Houli, 29, was drafted by Essendon with pick 42 in the 2006 national draft, but only played 29 games before moving across to Richmond.

It has been at the Tigers where the penetrating left footer has made a name for himself with the clash against the Giants in the preliminary final on Saturday to be his 143rd game in the yellow and black.

Houli has been embraced by and feels the passion of the famous Tiger Army each time he has set foot on the MCG, but never before has he felt an atmosphere as good as when the Tigers rolled through Geelong in the qualifying final.

“It’s very special when the Tiger Army is out in force,” Houli told

Star Weekly. “There were 95,000 fans [at the qualifying final] and the majority of them were Richmond supporters.

“They’ve been very patient with their support and the fruits are there now.”

Richmond has not featured in a grand final since 1982. The Tigers’ last flag was in 1980. Houli says the key to Richmond’s chances is continuing to maintain its unbreakable team bond.

“You don’t get to where we are without good connection,” Houli said.

“That’s the great thing about our group, we’ve got great connection with all lines.

“The backs, mids and forwards, we all rely on each other, we all work together and when you find teams are gelling together, success comes your way.”

Meanwhile, Kane Lambert, who sparked his career with Williamstown in the Victorian Football League, will be looking to play a big role for Richmond, while Corey Ellis, another Western Jets product, will feature in Richmond’s VFL grand final, should he miss out on selection for the seniors.

The western suburbs, and in particular Spotswood, is proving a great source of talent for AFL clubs to tap into.

http://www.starweekly.com.au/sports/spotswoods-role-quest-afl-premiership/

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1311 on: October 01, 2017, 05:08:58 AM »
Bachar Houli, 29, received the second-most votes for the Norm Smith Medal after gathering 25 disposals and kicking a goal – thriving as the Tigers' predominant 'set-up man' from defence in the club's 48-point win over Adelaide.

Houli was Richmond's most influential player on the ground in the first half, allowed to roam with freedom against an Adelaide team that was content to have their own defender, Rory Laird, loose at the other end of the ground.

"It was just the game to unleash. There was nothing to lose and you've got to play it smart, knowing when to run and when not to," Houli said.

"Even defensively I was really proud of my efforts taking chop out marks etc.

"The great thing about it is that I thought I had a good balance between offence and defence and that's something I've been working hard on for a long time.

"There was the reward at the end of it and it was special to kick a goal as well."

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2017-09-30/houli-proud-of-patience-after-testing-year

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1312 on: October 01, 2017, 09:48:04 AM »
Was awesome I really rate him.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1313 on: October 01, 2017, 09:49:23 AM »
Actually thought he deserved the Norm Smith Medal, was sensational

Creidt where it is due
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #1314 on: October 01, 2017, 10:14:41 AM »
👏👏😂
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1315 on: October 01, 2017, 11:07:57 AM »
Silenced his critics permanently.... :shh
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

tony_montana

« Reply #1316 on: October 01, 2017, 12:17:14 PM »
He was one grabbing the ball at full pace, winning one on ones vs Sloan and taking marks backing into traffic - Bachar was a star yesterday

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1317 on: October 01, 2017, 02:25:56 PM »
Was outstanding yesterday. His courage and attack on the football was first rate. Stood up in the biggest game of them all. Congratulations to him.

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1318 on: October 01, 2017, 02:32:45 PM »
Houli was excellent yesterday, I found myself saying several times "wow Houli's having a blinder"
Whilst he was great I feel if he slotted another of his two behinds he probably would've got the Norm Smith.

No matter, he was excellent and he will have a premiership medal for the rest of his life.
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #1319 on: October 01, 2017, 04:06:41 PM »
Excellent game from the big bash.  Looked totally calm and classy.  Would of loved to have seen him pick up the Norm Smith, but hard to stop the Dusty show atm.
Lots of people name their swords......