Author Topic: Kane Johnson is the worst captain ever / We need a future not a past.  (Read 2733 times)

Bulluss

What a disgrace :banghead :banghead

Should be dropped immediately.

Life goes on

Re: Kane Johnson is the worst captain ever
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2007, 10:42:13 PM »
Totally agree.and he is coached by the worst coach ever in the modern game. ,Now wheres that Crunch Ball ::)

retygas

We need a future not a past.
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2007, 10:44:41 PM »
I will say up front I love the Tigers. But I don't like our captain, have have and never will. We didn't get the game here but they did show a few thngs after the Bomber v Swans game. And it was basically Johnson stuff ups. His is supposed to be our leader and if this is what the young fella have to follow no wonder why we are where we are. Live by the sword, die by the sword. And now Johnson should fall on his sword, or is the money too much to give up as this is what it look like he's playing for. For the betterment of the team he should give it up. They sack coaches through a season so why not sack our so called captain. He's not a leaders ar#ehole. I can't remember a captain that was as bad as him. But I'm sure I will be told. What is happening is we are keeping future kids away from wanting to support us and wanting to play for us. Like Tambling when he was aked where he wanted to go he told them he wanted to be taken by Essendon. So something has to be done and I think quick before the damage is irreversable. We need a future not a past.

Ox

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2007, 10:45:28 PM »

:chuck

retygas

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2007, 10:46:49 PM »
I couldn't agree more. But I still think it a little harsh on Coburg. Why do they have to put up with a crappy player like that.

Offline GoKent!

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2007, 11:10:58 PM »
worst captain to ever play this game

Tigermonk

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2007, 11:32:59 PM »
did l miss anything or we still talking about the same things
l gather we didnot win again

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2007, 11:44:54 PM »
Just give the number 17 to Simmo.

If we are to get anything positive out of the Johnson trade we need to take the burden of the captaincy of him. It doesn't fit his persona IMO.

Tigermonk

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2007, 11:51:04 PM »
Just give the number 17 to Simmo.

If we are to get anything positive out of the Johnson trade we need to take the burden of the captaincy of him. It doesn't fit his persona IMO.

are you stuffing joking yourself no-one wants kane johnson his a useless backwards fottballer
watch his eyes when he gets the ball they always look backwards first then he kicks backwards
his a problem at Punt road
his a shot overated bozo who needs to retire

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2007, 02:46:16 AM »
Fellow Tigers and forumites I have mentioned this before.

Garbage captain. No grunt, no fight, no heart, no spine, no character, no personality, no skills, no idea.

You might also like to add to the above no desire, no passion, no grit, no quality,

In the last two minutes with scores tied he kicked it straight to a Brisbane player the second time to one on his own when a long bomb from 70 to the top of the square would have been more beneficial. His awareness is non existent as is his skill just kicks the ball to a target on the bounce never on the full to a target unless it is to the opposition. His leadership qualities are also non existent and for those who had a go last week and said he is playing under duress with a broken hand. Save your sympathy for an individual who deserves it. If you put your hand up to play when you are injured and you play like that then you should not play. Others play under duress and excell. I wonder if Terry drops him if he will take his medicine and play for Coburg or miss a few due to his injury.   :chuck

THE WORST CAPTAIN CURRENTLY IN THE AFL.
THE WORST CAPTAIN IN RICHMOND HISTORY.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2007, 03:09:58 AM »
The press had Sugar in the best players and Champion Data had him ranked 6th with 112 points  :whistle.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2007, 03:16:17 AM »
Champion data can be slightly misleading as players can get extra points for taking the ball inside/outside 50's . Kane did get a few kick ins from points tonight and did kick it himself outside 50. Look I am not being petty bringing him up over and over again but he really lacks an on field aura and it shows in the way he plays and the way he leads the side.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
In all honesty I thought it was Johnson's best game for the year. Certainly compared to say the last 4 weeks. All in all you will find his disposal last night was good.

I agree the option with that last kick was to go tot he squarebut when you have 2 blokes leading out to the 40m area you'd think they'd contine to stream out - pity one of them when they saw the ball coming decide to come out of 4th gear and drop back into what appeared to be 2nd - but I guess that's Kane's or Terry fault too ::) :whistle

Anyway I also knew at the end of the game that Johnson would be the one coping the blame for last night.

As someone once said "the more things change the more they stay the same" ;)

Now before eeveryone starts telling me I am living in noody land and have no idea  ;D I'd just ask people to have a look at 1/ the final quarter and the delivery butchers or even 2/ the delivery butchers for the entire game   .... don't blame it on Johnson blame it all of 'em

Want me to name them :banghead
« Last Edit: June 03, 2007, 09:46:30 AM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline GoKent!

• Tiger Rookie
next you will tell us tivendale had a great game too because he got the pill a few times in the game. Greg was a joke, he continually buggered up by picking the wrong option or destroying his disposal

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
next you will tell us tivendale had a great game too because he got the pill a few times in the game. Greg was a joke, he continually buggered up by picking the wrong option or destroying his disposal

Errr no not in this thread because it was about Johnson

But in answer to your comment on Tivendale. I thought he was poor because the majority of his disposal didn't hit a target.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)