Author Topic: Trade talk, rumours & innuendo 2022  (Read 106429 times)

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Trade talk, rumours & innuendo 2022
« Reply #585 on: September 30, 2022, 11:28:14 PM »
Watch Pies get more for Henry (out of contract) than we do from Jack Graham. 
Here's my plan. 
Pick 8 & 27 for Graham & 30
8, 12, 27 our future second to GWS for those boys.
Still want Jack to stay. 

That puts Graham's value higher than pick 8? Absurd lol

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #586 on: October 01, 2022, 12:35:44 AM »
Watch Pies get more for Henry (out of contract) than we do from Jack Graham. 
Here's my plan. 
Pick 8 & 27 for Graham & 30
8, 12, 27 our future second to GWS for those boys.
Still want Jack to stay. 

That puts Graham's value higher than pick 8? Absurd lol

Lol
I want some of what pmac21 is on

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #587 on: October 01, 2022, 12:51:12 PM »
I think he is saying don’t let him go for unders as  he is still a required  player which is spot on in my opinion

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #588 on: October 01, 2022, 03:46:17 PM »
Richmond’s budget – Abandon one of two GWS mids to get a young forward

Jenkins believes the Tigers should recruit just one of Hopper or Taranto and spend the remainder on a young key forward.

“I would like them to go after one of the two midfielders that have been spoken about,” he said on AFL Trade Radio’s Trade Mornings.

“Jacob Hopper and Tim Taranto are the two mids that have both requested trades to Richmond. I’m saying go for Hopper and not Taranto, but I don’t mind either way, one of the two.

“They are both going to be in the $700-750,000 range from all reports, so there’s not a lot left.

“A young key forward is important. Jack Riewoldt is close to 34, Tom Lynch is not young either (29) and Lynch has had some injuries. A nasty PCL which slowed him up and he had some injuries last year.

“Mabior Chol left, Callum Coleman-Jones left, because they just couldn’t provide them opportunities.

“They need depth in that space. Samson Ryan is a guy I’ve spoken about. Early days he was considered a key forward prospect but he’s developed and grown, he’s 206(cm) and whether he becomes a Rory Lobb type, I’m not sure.

“I think the Tigers need to spend that remaining $250,000-odd and go and poach a young key forward. I’m not talking Mitch Georgiades, because he’s going to cost a lot more, but I’m talking about someone who is not getting a game.

“A young, tall forward who the Richmond recruiters can look at and say, ‘We identify him as a talent of the future, he needs another year in the VFL, then hopefully he can take Jack’s spot in 2024’.”

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2022/10/01/richmonds-budget-drop-interest-in-one-of-two-giants-mids-to-get-a-young-key/

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #589 on: October 01, 2022, 06:18:17 PM »
Rather than spend $250k on a crap tall not getting a game in any mediocre team we may as well play Taranto as a resting medium forward lol.

Good overhead and a nice shot for goal.

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #590 on: October 01, 2022, 06:52:06 PM »
Miss out on a gun mid to try and pick up a cheap forward who could turn out to be another Josh Jenkins?  :nope
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #591 on: October 01, 2022, 09:50:45 PM »
It’s a ramble by an idiot. When Jack and Cotch retire next year, we can land a key forward for $500-600k.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online JP Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #592 on: October 01, 2022, 10:04:59 PM »
Cheap key forwards are the Datsun 120Y of footballers. 

The moment you own one, the closer you are to getting rid of it!   :thumbsdown
Once a Tiger, always a Tiger!  Loud, proud & dangerous!

Offline skiddymcghee

• Future Richmond star
  • "Be the Ball
« Reply #593 on: October 02, 2022, 10:41:53 AM »
Jenkins is trying to stay relevant...

Ridiculous. Of course you would chase the gun mid fielders x 2 over a 'potential' key forward

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #594 on: October 02, 2022, 03:37:59 PM »
Melbourne forward Toby Bedford has requested a trade to Greater Western Sydney.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/853670/make-me-a-giant-demons-forward-requests-trade-to-gws

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #595 on: October 02, 2022, 03:39:45 PM »
RICHMOND (finished seventh)

Draft picks: 12, 19, 31, 85.

Who could be on the move:
Jack Graham toured Port Adelaide, feeling he might be squeezed out of the Tiger midfield by the likely arrival of Tim Taranto and Jacob Hopper, but the Tigers will be keeping him. They traded their third and fourth-round picks in this year’s draft, so they might look at trading players who could bring in a few picks as their first three picks are likely to go on bringing in the two GWS recruits.

What do they need and who could they target:
The Tigers, as is well known, are trying to trade in Hopper and Taranto, both of whom have asked for trades to Richmond. That is going to cost them all three of this year’s draft picks at least and probably a shuffle of picks next year with the Giants.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/your-team-by-team-guide-to-free-agency-and-trade-week-20220928-p5blk8.html

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #596 on: October 02, 2022, 03:43:50 PM »
With Graham out of the equation (think a second round pick as suggested way unders for him anyway) how do the deals with GWS get done? 
I think they'll be done separately. 
Taranto for 12 I think gets it done. 
Hopper for 30 and next year's 1st plus as he's contracted.  May also need a player.
Hope it happens early

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #597 on: October 02, 2022, 04:55:32 PM »
Jacob Hopper and Tim Taranto to Richmond

The GWS duo are the biggest fish to land this trade period, given they are heading together to the Tigers, where they’ve both been offered seven-year deals. Tim Taranto is an easier prospect for Richmond and GWS to reach an agreement on given he’s out of contract. The Tigers have in play picks 12, 19, 30 and next year’s first-rounder. As things stand, the Giants want two first-rounders in exchange for Taranto’s services but, like the deal for Jeremy Cameron with Geelong, a second-round pick from the Giants could come back the other way. For Hopper, a first-round pick will be on the cards in exchange for a player taken with pick No.7 by the Giants. “In chats with (Tigers head of footy) Blair Hartley and the Richmond guys, they understand the quality of these players and that it’s going to take a bit of work with one still in contract. We’ll keep working through that though,” McCartney said.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/sticking-point-in-stars-7m-move-as-deal-for-former-no3-pick-hits-stalemate-trade-state-of-play/news-story/830339641419d82032a2e5b188d352e4

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #598 on: October 02, 2022, 09:39:29 PM »
Jason Horne-Francis will be requesting a trade back to SA, Port Adelaide to be precise

https://www.afl.com.au/news/854039/power-switch-young-roos-star-eyes-trade-to-port-adelaide
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #599 on: October 02, 2022, 10:18:34 PM »
Oh well, there goes any other club air time for a few days.