Author Topic: VFL Round 3: Richmond vs Geelong --- Sat. May 2 --- [curtain-raiser]  (Read 4206 times)

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
Re: VFL Round 3: Richmond vs Geelong --- Sat. May 2 --- [curtain-raiser]
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2015, 08:23:49 PM »
Any Conca action today?
Must have had under 20 possies, some are calling for his inclusion though
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2015, 08:33:06 PM »
In summary, another loss.

The end
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2015, 08:52:15 PM »
Any Conca action today?

Must come in after a solid run today. I will admit I like him in the team as he is very good around the stoppages and on the spread. Vfl player Wynne played extremely well on the HF today for what it's worth.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2015, 10:06:09 PM »
We ve missed no conca or Jackson as its meant Martin has spent far less time forward were he tends to inflict max damage , he may be a surprise inclusion
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Online Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2015, 01:10:30 AM »
Thomarse basically cost us the match but will now probably be elevated on the back of the worst 30 possession game in the history of the VFL and some of the most idiotic & unco turnovers you'll ever see from an alleged senior footballer.

Manadue could be the reincarnation of Flower with a Fyfe infusion....unfortunately for him he was drafted by us and will likely have all traces of that coached out of him within two years....
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 02:17:00 AM by Diocletian »
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Heart of Darkness

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2015, 08:41:47 AM »
On a side note, after todays games, play McBean (its time) and play Astbury as the third tall forward. Astbury looked better forward today and McBean has played well the last few weeks. Looks like Vickery is in the twilight zone of playing well in the VFL and stinking it up at senior level :banghead

Not sure McBean is ready but I like this idea. Astbury moved so much better when put forward. He looks timid and stiff as a back but all of a sudden he moved freely and looked dangerous forward. Ideally for me Griff comes back and he, Jack and Astbury might give us some potency in the forward line. Bring in Elton to play Astbury's role on the big bodied forwards and never play TV again.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2015, 12:23:52 PM »
T Clarke

Lol
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2015, 01:21:47 PM »
On a side note, after todays games, play McBean (its time) and play Astbury as the third tall forward. Astbury looked better forward today and McBean has played well the last few weeks. Looks like Vickery is in the twilight zone of playing well in the VFL and stinking it up at senior level :banghead

Not sure McBean is ready but I like this idea. Astbury moved so much better when put forward. He looks timid and stiff as a back but all of a sudden he moved freely and looked dangerous forward. Ideally for me Griff comes back and he, Jack and Astbury might give us some potency in the forward line. Bring in Elton to play Astbury's role on the big bodied forwards and never play TV again.

Agreed on both Astbury forward and McBean may as well be given a game. I'd drop Vickery and consider the HampspudedAngus if only to try and give us first use in the centre. We are getting killed - even though big Ivvy played a little better it's got to be of concern.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2015, 06:33:22 PM »
Any Conca action today?

Conca listed in the best for VFL side against Geelong.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2015, 06:43:53 PM »
McDonough 7 clearances, plays seniors, they don't give him the chance to win clearances.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2015, 06:53:41 PM »
It's as if in the seniors we play these blokes in positions where they are not suited to at elite level to drop them back into the ressies rather than giving them a chance to adapt to the higher level and them trying to find a niche or a role for them.

That way the coaches can yeah nah over them, continually play the bums who keep on failing while taking the high moral ground over these kids who get one game before getting trundled back into the ressies. There lies the failure in the development in these kids, whilst other clubs give their kids the time to play, adapt and gain the confidence in the higher level.

We are always in self preservation mode, trying to not lose games instead of trying to win them.
No wonder development has been a real issue with us. We'd rather play recycled goods than develop lads who are selected beyond the first round. :help

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2015, 07:08:08 PM »
Heres what i cant understand.

Early days, when they had a policey of just giving every kid a go, they were all given at least three games, they were given a chance to adjust to the tempo of senior footy and to see if were ready to keep persisting with. Made sense.

Ok, the phase of giving every kid a go has past, as the plan always was, but why has the policy of giving them three games to find their feet and change their wares changed?

Kids like donuts, arnots ( and lennon) have played enough VFL and been around long enough to not have their confidence shattered by one or two bad games, yet they are dropped after one game?

Why not give them a block of at least three before making a decision? If they are getting selected the decision has been made they are physical and mentally ready so give them a chance FFS its not going to set them backwards . all the while vickery gets chance after chance of spudding it up for that one half decent game out a dozen.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #42 on: May 03, 2015, 07:52:32 PM »
Any Conca action today?

Conca listed in the best for VFL side against Geelong.

He was very good

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2015, 09:53:58 PM »
VFL Tigers lose Round 3 thriller

By Catherine Durkin 
May 3, 2015

Richmond’s VFL squad has suffered its second loss of the season, going down to Geelong by eight points at the ME Bank Centre on Saturday afternoon.

The Tigers displayed a much faster and more competitive brand of football than in their opening round loss to Coburg, led by the likes of Matt Thomas, who finished with 30 disposals and 11 clearances.

Richmond’s midfielders managed to compensate for the loss of their three highest ball-getters against Frankston the previous week – Jaryd Cachia (suspended), Nathan Foley (injured) and Corey Ellis (elevated to the AFL).

Matt McDonough (seven clearances), Reece Conca (19 disposals, nine tackles and six clearances), and Connor Menadue (six clearances), alongside Thomas, were instrumental.

Liam McBean continued his strong goalkicking form with an equal game-high of three majors.

Others to impress included Jason Castagna, who won 25 disposals, and Matt Dea, who finished with 20 possessions and provided constructive run off the backline.

The lead changed up to six times in a frenetic final term, however some errors from Richmond allowed the Cats to kick two quick goals in the final moments, which secured victory for the visitors.

Richmond VFL coach Tim Clarke said the Tigers would rue those missed opportunities in the dying moments of the game.

“Geelong is a very good football team and they were unlucky to lose a few guys early, which gave us the opportunity to run away with the game,” he said.

“But we couldn’t control the ball offensively and put them under any kind of pressure. For them to get the two goals late off our turnovers really hurt us.

“You cannot afford to turn the ball over the way we did today and not challenge a team offensively. It keeps them in the game and it means you cannot put enough scoreboard pressure, on and that’s what we couldn’t do today.”

Clarke said the key message to his players would be to simplify their ball movement, and not to overwork the footy.

“Moments in the game when we had an opportunity to do something simple with the footy, we tried to do too much,” he said.

“When you look at the way we want to play as a footy club we went outside of that today in different areas. And it hurt us.”

Richmond will hope to snare a win next Saturday when they meet the North Ballarat Roosters at the ME Bank Centre in Round 4.

FINAL SCORES

Richmond            5.2          8.5          12.7        15.11.101
Geelong               6.3          9.5          11.8        16.13.109

GOALS
McBean 3, Scott 2, Wynne 2, Gleeson 2, McFarlane 1, Gale 1, Hampson 1, Menadue 1, Wall 1, McDonough

BEST
Thomas, Menadue, Conca, Wall, Castagna, McDonough, Dea, Barlow, Wynne

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2015-05-03/vfl-tigers-lose-round-3-thriller-

Offline Zlatan

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2015, 11:22:31 AM »
McDonough 7 clearances, plays seniors, they don't give him the chance to win clearances.

Give him one game out of position.

Drop him.

Drop him.

Drop him.

Drop him.

delist